Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 04:28 AM   #16
Prodigy
Diaw Fan

Prodigy has decent reputation
Default Re: Horford gained a lot of respect from me tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Has the standard for NBA behavior been set this low?

What Horford did was what any human being with a shred of decency would do - go and check on the guy that he sent to the floor and make sure he's okay, especially a guy with a history like Ford's. I mean, yeah, it was a classy thing to do, but is the image of the NBA that bad that a guy who checks on another guy he potentially seriously, seriously hurt is an aberration?

What he said. Although it was the right thing to do, you guys act like it was unexpected. Just imagine if you were 20 years old and you were playing basketball at the local YMCA and sent a guy to the floor so hard that he had to be taken out on a stretcher. I don't think anybody would expect anything less from you to at least visit the guy.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:44 AM   #17
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro5
i can't picture someone like marbury doing that

of course marbury would do that. he's one of the nicest off court personalities out there
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:24 AM   #18
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

pocketWs has an OK reputation so far

As expected, Horford proved he had guts and character, props to him for the visit!
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #19
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

What Horford did was what any human being with a shred of decency would do - go and check on the guy that he sent to the floor and make sure he's okay, especially a guy with a history like Ford's. I mean, yeah, it was a classy thing to do, but is the image of the NBA that bad that a guy who checks on another guy he potentially seriously, seriously hurt is an aberration?

Co-sign, although maybe the standard IS that low?
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:24 AM   #20
yobore
Great college starter

yobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat coolyobore is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro5
i can't picture someone like marbury doing that
Im sure he would if he accidently hospitalized someone on a dirty play. I think most players would but big of him to do it anyways
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:40 AM   #21
b4ball
Local High School Star

b4ball has an OK reputation so far

Their is one camera angle that you I hope you all see in a replay that shows Horford instantly regret what happened. His face is contorted as he see's TJ fall.

I was instantly pissed at the play and when they said it was Horford that did it I was instantly shocked. He's a class person that made a rookie mistake, forgetting where the game was at the time. I'm happy to hear that Horford went to the hospital after the game, but as mentioned I think this was an automatic response. The class is not in showing up, because he may have been told to go. The real definition of class and what none of us can really attest to is how Horford feels inside. I believe that his emotions were real and that even if he was told not to go to the hospital he would have. I hope his reputation is not tarnished as a result of this play.

What pissed me off about the play was that it was Sam, and only Sam that stepped up to defend TJ. TJ was having a fantastic game last night. Only Sam stepped up to help / defend TJ. Somebody else had to get their to help, not that any help was required, but somebody, another player has to step up and show some toughness, or take a stance. TJ is brittle and if teams know they can get away with taking liberties with any Raptor player the rest of the league watches, and learns.

Another thing about the play. SMitch was pissed and went at Woodsen. I like how Woodsen responded. He let SMitch vent, kept him from doing anything stupid and Woodsen stayed in front of Sam and away from Horford. Kudos to Woodsen, he took Sam's barrage and handled it with class. I just read that Woodsen went to Sam's office after the game and they talked. I'm sure Sam said some things in the heat of the moment that he wishes he hadn’t said, and I think Woodsen went to tell him that he didn't take it personally and regrets the entire event.

As a whole a very ugly incident that in the end showed the true character of many individuals. And I think the Hawks players / organization in particular exemplied the most class.

Last edited by b4ball : 12-12-2007 at 08:43 AM.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:45 AM   #22
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
What pissed me off about the play was that it was Sam, and only Sam that stepped up to defend TJ. TJ was having a fantastic game last night. Only Sam stepped up to help / defend TJ. Somebody else had to get their to help, not that any help was required, but somebody, another player has to step up and show some toughness, or take a stance. TJ is brittle and if teams know they can get away with taking liberties with any Raptor player the rest of the league watches, and learns.

One simple answer to this... Fear of disciplinary action from the league.
Old 12-12-2007, 08:53 AM   #23
InfamousDX
Serious playground baller

InfamousDX has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
One simple answer to this... Fear of disciplinary action from the league.
That'snot simple enough... sometimes you have to take your punishment to show that a move like that is NOT warranted nor appreciated, especially something of that magnitude.
InfamousDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:55 AM   #24
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

you answered your own question.

yes, standard IS indeed that low.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:58 AM   #25
j Fresh3
Banned

j Fresh3 has an OK reputation so far

What did Al Hortford do? video?
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:22 AM   #26
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Quote:
Originally Posted by j Fresh3
What did Al Hortford do? video?

Here 'tis:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0kAOxn9cu8

Edit: I don't know who is responsible for that distasteful advertisment at the end.

Last edited by Manute for Ever! : 12-12-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:33 AM   #27
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Classy move by Horford, shows it wasn't an intentional foul.
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:36 AM   #28
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

That was pretty solid of Horford. Thanks for posting this. After watching the highlights of the game, the hit look scary. Glad that Horford and others went to check on Ford.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:43 AM   #29
Ghetto Phenom
I hit open layups

Ghetto Phenom has an OK reputation so far

Um, how about you not just wildly swing at a guy's head if you're trying to foul him? Just grab his arms or something, thus eliminating the need for the whole injury, stretcher, ambulance, hospital and merry little visit...
Ghetto Phenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #30
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghetto Phenom
Um, how about you not just wildly swing at a guy's head if you're trying to foul him? Just grab his arms or something, thus eliminating the need for the whole injury, stretcher, ambulance, hospital and merry little visit...

I'll get right on inventing a time machine.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: