Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 07:04 AM   #1
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Default Me personaly would rather have the following PG's over Kidd for the rest of the year

If I had a first choice it would be one from bracket 1, and if I had a second it'd be from bracket 2.

1.Nash
2.Williams/Paul/Parker

Billups,B.Davis are on the bubble if i'd take them before Kidd at this stage of his career . Probaly not though.

It's not so much of Kidd getting worse(shooting is really what is hurting him though), but Deron,Tony ect.. getting better. Stand tall if you argree.

p.s not counting Arenas in here. Point Guard uhh
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:07 AM   #2
w00terz
FACT

Default Re: Me personaly would rather have the following PG's over Kidd for the rest of the y

I would take Nash over Jason Kidd but there is no denying that he is still a GREAT point guard, arguably one of the best in the league.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:09 AM   #3
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Default Re: Me personaly would rather have the following PG's over Kidd for the rest of the y

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00terz
I would take Nash over Jason Kidd but there is no denying that he is still a GREAT point guard, arguably one of the best in the league.

I agree. But his shooting is the plot. Thats a big part of the game there and he just dosen't cut it really at all this season. And anyone in the second tier is just as good distributor in the half court setting as Kidd.
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:16 AM   #4
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Default Re: Me personaly would rather have the following PG's over Kidd for the rest of the year

I'd take Deron, Paul and Nash over Kidd. He just doesn't seem to have the fire to win with this team anymore. He puts up great stats, and isn't doing much different from last year, but still. Something is missing. And it's not Krstic.
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:17 AM   #5
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
If I had a first choice it would be one from bracket 1, and if I had a second it'd be from bracket 2.

1.Nash
2.Williams/Paul/Parker

Billups,B.Davis are on the bubble if i'd take them before Kidd at this stage of his career . Probaly not though.

It's not so much of Kidd getting worse(shooting is really what is hurting him though), but Deron,Tony ect.. getting better. Stand tall if you argree.

p.s not counting Arenas in here. Point Guard uhh

Blah.... Kidd is the best pg in the league, certainly. And his shooting issues are overrated in the fact that he doesn't take a hell of a lot of shots, and almost half of them are 3pters in an attempt to spread the floor for a team that needs it. Hes not exactly shooting 3 for 15... basically shooting 4 for 10... what's that like one make off of 50%. He's an effective scorer, and that's all he has to be in that department, because hes better than any other pg in every other department
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #6
chanchan05
I airball my layups

Default Re: Me personaly would rather have the following PG's over Kidd for the rest of the year

If i was gunning for a championship now? Id take kidd immediately...

If my target is the long run, id get deron...but id take both if possible....

See here is, kidd isnt the half court player, he's as much a runner as nash is, and it hurts to see him trying to push the ball but no one is running with him. Thing is, in a team with as much offensive weapons as the nets potentially have (carter, RJ, are legit 20+, and kristic when he's back can regularly drop 16, and when boki gets hot.....) you dont really need your pg to score but occasionally.

besides, as far as around 40% shooting goes, that's pretty decent since he throws up just what, 10-15 attempts a night?
chanchan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #7
BballFan422
Decent playground baller

I'd take Nash, Paul, Deron, Billups and Parker over Kidd. Granted Kidd is a great pure PG but, I'd rather have somebody who can take over a game, in scoring, when necessary.
BballFan422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:57 AM   #8
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Nash can shoot the ball and deal out the assists, but doesn't play defense and won't rebound.

Kidd can deal out the assists, plays defense and grabs the boards, but he doesn't shoot all that particularly well (though not bad).

Personally, I'd rather have Kidd. They both involve their teammates very well, but it's easier to find someone who is willing to shoot. Finding someone who is willing to play defense and grab boards, especially a PG, is another story.

Though both are very, very good players. So are Deron, Paul and Parker.

Kidd
Nash
Paul
Deron
Parker

But it's a pretty close Top 5.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:00 AM   #9
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

I would take Baron over Kidd in a second.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #10
j Fresh3
Banned

Kidd > Rest of the league

Hall of Fame point guard...

the next great point man since John Stockton retired.
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:04 AM   #11
yobore
Great college starter

While I respect kidd and he's had a great career that's not done yet, for this year I'd rather have Nash, Paul, Baron, and Deron
yobore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #12
DMizzle
Great young streetballer

Gimme Chris Paul!!
DMizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #13
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

i have been hugely impressed with paul and deron this year. they are getting into the paint at will. deron's crossover is a work of art. i'm not totally ready to write kidd off as a top tier pg, but the gap has basically vanished.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #14
Smokee
Banned

Kidd is overrated here. I'd take him if i had a team of slashing stars or just stars in general. Like Boston but i doubt they need him or could afford him. Otherwise he'd be pathetically average in your average offense in comparison to his name hype. He needs slashing scorers around him more than anyone.

Guards like Baron, Paul, Deron, Parker, Nash, etc. are more a threat every game. They are a major threat to score down the floor every time, and create opportunities almost everytime down the floor. If i played against Kidd i'd play the kicks and give him the lanes while just making sure some big man didnt let him get the easy layups. I'd play him soft on short jumpers and 3's, just making sure whoever was guarding him never over committed and played the kick more than the front. I'd make him prove his jumper and scoring ability. You cant do that with any of the earlier mentioned guards who create just as good opportunities for teammates if not more by just being such huge offensive scoring threats which other teams have to at least double. I dont think you need to double Kidd.

Kidd is a good player but too streaky offensively, and HoF'er hyped. Too bad we're talking about the now. There are guards much better than him right now IMO, and i dont consider him anywhere close to the best PG in the league because right now there are some pretty f'in amazing PG's
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:39 AM   #15
Younggrease
Banned

Kidd is a little overrated right now as far as pgs go... people are blinded by the triple double but he still doesnt have the effect on a game Deron or CP3 does..
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: