Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 10:42 AM   #16
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has decent reputation
Default Re: Me personaly would rather have the following PG's over Kidd for the rest of the y

Smokee hating on Kidd is just as predictable as Knoe hating on Kobe.

And just as boring and trite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Kidd is overrated here. I'd take him if i had a team of slashing stars or just stars in general. Like Boston but i doubt they need him or could afford him. Otherwise he'd be pathetically average in your average offense in comparison to his name hype. He needs slashing scorers around him more than anyone.

Guards like Baron, Paul, Deron, Parker, Nash, etc. are more a threat every game. They are a major threat to score down the floor every time, and create opportunities almost everytime down the floor. If i played against Kidd i'd play the kicks and give him the lanes while just making sure some big man didnt let him get the easy layups. I'd play him soft on short jumpers and 3's, just making sure whoever was guarding him never over committed and played the kick more than the front. I'd make him prove his jumper and scoring ability. You cant do that with any of the earlier mentioned guards who create just as good opportunities for teammates if not more by just being such huge offensive scoring threats which other teams have to at least double. I dont think you need to double Kidd.

Kidd is a good player but too streaky offensively, and HoF'er hyped. Too bad we're talking about the now. There are guards much better than him right now IMO, and i dont consider him anywhere close to the best PG in the league because right now there are some pretty f'in amazing PG's
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:47 AM   #17
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Me personaly would rather have the following PG's over Kidd for the rest of the y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Smokee hating on Kidd is just as predictable as Knoe hating on Kobe.

And just as boring and trite.

at least i explain my **** unlike 95% of the people here who just say "Kidd is a HoF'er, omfg he gets tripledoubles, hes the best PG in the league" ...typical allstar ballot voters that never watch **** but their homer team and box scores and then want to trade the farm for those 'hyped' players.

Do it. I really wish the Lakers pulled the trigger so you 'grass is greener' Laker fans can realize how spur of the moment dumb you are
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:44 AM   #18
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Me personaly would rather have the following PG's over Kidd for the rest of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALLandOATES
1.Nash
2.Williams/Paul/Parker

Billups,B.Davis are on the bubble if i'd take them before Kidd at this stage of his career . Probaly not though.
1. nash is a coin flip, because you gain a great shooter for a weak one but you also lose a monster positional rebounder and lose a much better defender. you also get a PG who is tremendous at running the halfcourt and lose one who is the best in the NBA at running the break.

2. williams and paul i'd take simply because their whole careers are in front of them.

parker is not even close to kidd. he's a great scorer, but doesn't do the other stuff that kidd does, and doesn't know how to run an offense, anyway.

3. b. davis?? LOLOL

billups? very solid, but overall just isn't in kidd's league.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:50 AM   #19
ForceOfNature
In It to Win It

ForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputationForceOfNature has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
I'd take Deron, Paul and Nash over Kidd. He just doesn't seem to have the fire to win with this team anymore. He puts up great stats, and isn't doing much different from last year, but still. Something is missing. And it's not Krstic.

I disagree, I think Kidd is the best point guard in the league, and I think he's definitely playing with fire. The problem is the rest of that Jersey squad!
ForceOfNature is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: