Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 02:20 PM   #16
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation
Default Re: in the East who has the best shot against Celtics????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon
There I fixed your biased post.

Games are not won on paper.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #17
'Toine=MVP
High School Varsity 12th Man

'Toine=MVP has no real reputation yet.

it is pretty clear that the top 3 in the east are the C's, Pistons, and Magic. i seriously doubt any other team from the east goes to the finals. i understand the love for the Cavs, who could possibly get hot enough to win a series against one of those 3, but they'll have to win at least 2 (3 if they finish 6-8) in order to get to the finals. i would say they are a significant underdog to make it past the first round, not knowing exactly who they'll be matched up with, however they still have the 4th chance in the east.
'Toine=MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:37 PM   #18
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

A healthy Raptors team could push the Celtics to 6 or 7 games in a series, but most likely wouldn't win it (not to mention I doubt the Raps will be 100% healthy at all this year).
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:39 PM   #19
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikaiel
Games are not won on paper.

they aren't, but to say Larry hughes is not that much worse than Ray Allen or that Drew Gooden is equal to KG because "he has had a few good games"

are just ridiculous statements.

how would you feel if someone said Tayshaun Prince is equal to Lebron because Prince had a few good games against him?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #20
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
Not really.

Gibson=Rondo
Sg-Larry<Ray
SF-LeBron>>>PP
PFDrew has played excellent against KG throughout his career=KG

Congratulations! You've been nominated for worst post of the year!
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:29 PM   #21
CAYO
Serious playground baller

CAYO has an OK reputation so far

detroit
CAYO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:53 PM   #22
pro5
Banned

pro5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
A healthy Raptors team could push the Celtics to 6 or 7 games in a series, but most likely wouldn't win it (not to mention I doubt the Raps will be 100% healthy at all this year).

+1

When the raps were healthy playing against the celtics, the game went to OT.
pro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:24 PM   #23
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

d-twah. they have the experience, the size, and the versatility to be a real problem. orlando has shown they can do it.

not sure about toronto. i know it was an OT game, but garnett picked up 2 stupid offensive fouls in a row and had to sit for a long stretch for them to get back into it. and tj ford shot the ball like peja crossed with kobe in that 4th quarter. and i'm not anti-raps by any means. that was one of my favorite games of the season. that team plays with a ton of hustle and unselfishness and they are skilled at all positions.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:27 PM   #24
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

BIZARRO has decent reputation

Probably Detroit.

Beating those guys 4 out of 7 ain't very hard anymore. But it still ain't easy. :)
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:30 PM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
As I have previously stated, if they didn't sweep them I'd be upset. There's nothing to stop Pierce and Garnett from running wild. Ford does well against Rondo but it's not going to be enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pro5
When the raps were healthy playing against the celtics, the game went to OT.
Cs needed a lucky steal in the fiunal seconds and a trey from Ray Allen to beat the Bobcats. Guess Charlotte can take the Cs deep too.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:42 PM   #26
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Not really.

Cavs

Gibson=Rondo
Sg-Larry<Ray
SF-LeBron>>>PP
C-Z>perk

If we are healthy even without Larry playing good we have a chance to win. If Larry plays like he is now we will win.
wow, just wow. Boobie isnt as good as rondo. hes got a better shot, but rondo is a much better dribbler, distributor, rebounder, and defender. clearly at the 2-4 its lebron, kg, pp, ray, then whatever you fools put out there. hell, their first and 2nd wings off the bench are better than your starting 2. Gooden is nowhere near kg's equal even if he has "played him well", he doesnt give you the same contributions as KG and Im nto sure if Old Z is that much better than perkins at this point. smarter and more experienced to be sure, but his age and injuries have limited him quite a bit.

Really, its probably pistons, magic. other teams will take some games, but in a 7 game series with the Cs healthy, I dont see any of the other teams (assuming they are still playin glike they are now) in the east winning
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #27
MoPizzlez
I brick open layups

MoPizzlez has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Not really.

Cavs

Gibson=Rondo
Sg-Larry<Ray
SF-LeBron>>>PP
C-Z>perk

If we are healthy even without Larry playing good we have a chance to win. If Larry plays like he is now we will win.
I was getting a little depressed due to some news I just received

I needed a quick pick me up thanks dog:)
MoPizzlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:49 PM   #28
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Not really.

Cavs

Gibson=Rondo
Sg-Larry<Ray
SF-LeBron>>>PP
C-Z>perk

Did you just say that Gooden and KG are equal? please tell me you didn't..........

The fact you are depending on Larry Hughes to play great ball says it all. That guy is complete garbage most of the time and good every now and then. That won't cut it in the playoffs.

Last edited by All Net : 12-12-2007 at 04:52 PM.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:50 PM   #29
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

We refuse to acknowledge the existence of any Gooden > Garnett-style commentary. Gooden had one good game and another good quarter vs. an MVP-level player. That is all. Any further commentary is not only wrong, no one said it. This did not happen.
Real Men Wear Green is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:52 PM   #30
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I think its too early to tell seriously. I think teams in the East will come out of their funks and be tough come playoff time.

But obviously right now Detroit and Orlando seem to be the ones.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: