Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-12-2007, 02:51 PM   #1
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Lebron is a class act

I was wondering why Lebron started on the bench against the Pacers, as I'm sure many others were since he never has before in 333 games.

Anyway here is why:

James checked in with 5:59 left in the first quarter and the Cavs leading 15-11. He entered with Hughes and forward Anderson Varejao, who was making his season debut after ending a contract holdout last week by signing a three-year, $17 million contract.

James said he requested that coach Mike Brown bring him in off the bench to offset any negative reaction toward Varejao, who during messy on-and-off negotiations said he didn't want to play for Cleveland again.

"I thought it would raise the intensity of the fans, having me, Larry and Andy come in at the same time -- and it worked," James said. "I thought by coming in with Andy it might stop some of the boos Andy might get, just protecting my teammates."

http://www.nba.com/games/20071211/INDCLE/recap.html
BigTicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:53 PM   #2
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Lebron is a class act

still, it's an act of "killing two birds with one stone" in that his first game back from injury with the splint on his finger, he (or coach) decided it best for him to play against the Pacers' second unit.

it would be an unquestioned class act if James were playing and starting this whole time and decided to pull this act the game Varejao returned.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:02 PM   #3
kps
Decent playground baller

kps has an OK reputation so far

It would have been classier if he wasnt the one telling reporters about it-I would have preferred that the coach or another player brought it up instead
kps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:08 PM   #4
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat coolkonex is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kps
It would have been classier if he wasnt the one telling reporters about it-I would have preferred that the coach or another player brought it up instead

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailyd...ge=dime-071212

Quote:
For the first time in his NBA career -- and the first time in his life, save for the 2004 Olympics -- James did not start. He said he asked coach Mike Brown to bring him off the bench.

That's what Brown did, along with Hughes and Varejao midway through the first quarter. The 20,000 fans on hand came to their feet. It was the first time they'd seen James play in two weeks, Hughes in a month, and Varejao since the NBA Finals.

"I thought it would raise the intensity of the fans, having me, Larry and Andy come in at the same time and it worked," James said. "I thought by coming in with Andy it might stop some of the boos Andy might get. Andy is one of my favorite players, I was just protecting my teammate."

That's a charming story and it did work. Varejao, who drew the ire of Cavs fans when he told ESPN.com that he no longer wanted to be in Cleveland over two weeks ago, didn't hear jeers.

But it's not 100 percent true. Brown didn't discuss his substitution pattern with James; he was the one who made the move. Not that Brown wanted to get in the way of James' poetic statements.

Still a great gesture regardless of how it happened.
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 PM   #5
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Lebron is a definitely a class act, and someday he would be rewarded with several championship after gaining a decent supporting casts in the near future.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:28 PM   #6
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Lebron is a definitely a class act, and someday he would be rewarded with several championship after gaining a decent supporting casts in the near future.

Championships aren't "rewarded".....they are EARNED. LeBron will eventually have to figure this out because he's not in highschool anymore.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:31 PM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

it would be an unquestioned class act if James were playing and starting this whole time and decided to pull this act the game Varejao returned.

But the crowds reaction wouldn't have been the same, because they wouldn't have been anticipating James' return as much.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:37 PM   #8
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poseidon
Championships aren't "rewarded".....they are EARNED. LeBron will eventually have to figure this out because he's not in highschool anymore.

Lebron James already lead his pathetic team in the NBA Finals, if he keeps on working harder and avoid getting injured in the regular season by resting during the off season... I think James with his good work ethics and unselfish attitude will lead a great team in the NBA Championship.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 04:45 PM   #9
Poseidon
Banned

Poseidon has decent reputationPoseidon has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLS
I never understood why LeBron even played yesterday. The fool was putting up the most absurd statline since Jordan's '89 season, and he decides to play 20 minutes yesterday and screw it all up? Terrible decision. I sometimes wonder if these players even check their own stats. If LeBron actually cared, he wouldn't do something so foolish.

The guy was way over 31/8/8 before his injury, and is now under 30 ppg. Sad to see this type of nonsense.

I have a bridge to sell you if you actually thougt that LeBron was going to maintain his 31/8/8 for the entire season.
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:06 PM   #10
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I never understood why LeBron even played yesterday. The fool was putting up the most absurd statline since Jordan's '89 season, and he decides to play 20 minutes yesterday and screw it all up? Terrible decision. I sometimes wonder if these players even check their own stats. If LeBron actually cared, he wouldn't do something so foolish.

The guy was way over 31/8/8 before his injury, and is now under 30 ppg. Sad to see this type of nonsense.

I personally feel like they should've started LeBron yesterday and played him like normal. We're talking about a few weeks that he had off, NOT a few months, so I am somewhat peplexed about him only playing 20 minutes.

Not worried about the stats, though. They'll be there in the long run.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:15 PM   #11
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:

I really hope you're joking
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:24 PM   #12
Kanaan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Kanaan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kps

Haha...true! But it was still a good thing to do. He understands how important Andy is for this team.
Kanaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:28 PM   #13
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

lebron suck
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:38 PM   #14
Cookkilla
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Cookkilla has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

i hope the only reason why ur mad is because he on your fantasy otherwise u should shut up cuz its only one game...and believe me he will keep the same stats he once had...
Cookkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:41 PM   #15
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

Apparently, James has the entire team, including the coach, in the palm of his hands. The guy is such a huge ego thinking he needs to tell the coach how to do his job. Great job on the "protecting my teammates" line, James, bravo
what a phony
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: