Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 12-12-2007, 05:58 PM   #1
PlatteontheRiver
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PlatteontheRiver has an OK reputation so far
Default What if Arenas and Jamison don't sign?

I don't think will happen but what if one or both leave? How much do you pay for Arenas? What will Jamison ask for? Who should they try to sign come July? What about trades in Feruary? The young players have impressed me making a good thing out of a bad injury!
PlatteontheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #2
Cookkilla

Cookkilla has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What if Arenas and Jamison don't sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatteontheRiver
I don't think will happen but what if one or both leave? How much do you pay for Arenas? What will Jamison ask for? Who should they try to sign come July? What about trades in Feruary? The young players have impressed me making a good thing out of a bad injury!

i hope arenas doesnt leave...but imagine how much cap room theyll have if they let jamison go...and i dont think arenas will demand for that much...they can get a better player then jamison for a better price he is a good player especially at 3rd option but he is the highest paid player on that team which is ridiculous for a 3rd option...if wizards get another double douple guy that can play solid D...theyll be a way better team especially with their guys devolping like Andray and Young who is a future star and if not a future 6th man of the year..best believe that playbooyyyyyy
Cookkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:41 PM   #3
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Jamison wouldn't be too hard of a loss if Blatche keeps developing. Arenas cannot leave, unless Nick Young proves to be a god this year; they they could sign and trade Arenas. Arenas is probably going to stay, though.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #4
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

It's questionable whether Jamison is going to sign for a significantly smaller contract, but it would really dishearten me if Arenas goes back on everything he's said the past few months since he declared he planned on opting out and it would be more frustrating because he states that he plans on staying most chances he gets.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #5
Dirkules
Kids at the park dunk on me

Dirkules has an OK reputation so far

I hope both players stay in washington, but i agree it should be possible to find a replacement for Jamison in case he leaves. But i hope that won't be necessary.
Dirkules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 01:55 PM   #6
barito
I airball my layups

barito has an OK reputation so far

Arenas already hinted in his blog about his decision if jamison decides to leave he basically said he would leave too. Hopefully everyone stays, sigh.. and I thought this was the season we would go pretty far
barito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:46 PM   #7
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by barito
Arenas already hinted in his blog about his decision if jamison decides to leave he basically said he would leave too. Hopefully everyone stays, sigh.. and I thought this was the season we would go pretty far

Hmm. If Jamison and Arenas both leave, this will leave Washington with....Caron Butler, Nick Young, Andray Blatche, and Brendan Haywood to build around. Not a great lineup.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:03 AM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Then you're screwed... sorry guys...

They'll be back though, I'm sure...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:40 PM   #9
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Pretty bad situation if they don't. Blatche and Young better rise up, or they'll have to think "rebuild".
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:06 PM   #10
mojobo

mojobo has an OK reputation so far

If they leave we have enough space to sign a major free agent in the next year or two (Kobe?). It's not going to happen though, Arenas and Jamison will be back.
mojobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:49 PM   #11
CB3

CB3 has an OK reputation so far

I have a feeling that Jamison is gone. I do not think Gilbert is going to leave because Im not sure how high his value is right now - his future health scares the hell out of me but ive been watching enough Domi-nick Vlog's to know that we need Gil - if nothing more than to patrol and father these youngs bucks we got.

But realistically where do you see Jamison going if he does leave. Is it more important for him to sign a max deal or go to a team with championship hopes?

Would we not be better off with a player like Kirilenko instead?
CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 11:20 PM   #12
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

I say draft a point guard in the draft and have Arenas play the off-guard. Someone versitale enough to do that.

ROOKIE
Arenas
Butler
Jamison
Haywood

I'm not much for college ball but Neitzel and Collison look pretty good. As does Rose.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:12 AM   #13
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB3
I have a feeling that Jamison is gone. I do not think Gilbert is going to leave because Im not sure how high his value is right now - his future health scares the hell out of me but ive been watching enough Domi-nick Vlog's to know that we need Gil - if nothing more than to patrol and father these youngs bucks we got.

But realistically where do you see Jamison going if he does leave. Is it more important for him to sign a max deal or go to a team with championship hopes?

Would we not be better off with a player like Kirilenko instead?
If they traded for Kirilenko, then Arenas would more than likely be gone because the reason they'll be able to pay Arenas the max contract is Jamison's contract will coming off the books. If they traded for Kirilenko then they have to deal with his contract for another 3 years after this one. Is Kirilenko really good enough to lose the Wizards best player over and give up a valuable expiring contract? The Wizards aren't winning a title this year and the only reason to traded away an expiring contract like Jamison's would be to push a team over the top and that's certainly not where the Wizards are this season.
Old 12-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #14
I airball my layups

1982 has an OK reputation so far

Certainly wouldn't go over the MLE for Jamison. I say that seriously- the reason is that I wouldnt want to eat into the cap any more than that as Jamison isnt going to win you anything, you need to spend that money more wisely. Interior defense, for example.

As Stephen said, Gil should re-sign for the Max. whether thats a good idea is another issue...
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:56 AM   #15
steve

Well, it's definitely a good idea for Gilbert, it's debatable whether it's a good idea for the Wizards.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: