Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2007, 12:03 PM   #16
sixerfan82
College star
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: south jersey
Posts: 3,936
sixerfan82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

heh, these came out when i was still in my hardcore gaming days

beat san andreas in 5 days, was a fun xmas break

i think my fav was the 1st gta3 because it was so original in presentation
sixerfan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #17
Hstone
Serious playground baller
 
Hstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: isle of wight
Posts: 414
Hstone has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

All amazing games but they will never top vice city
Hstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #18
Uchiha_Hai
The Big Bang
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 906
Uchiha_Hai has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

GTA 3 was definitely one of the best because when it came out, it turned the gaming world upside down.

Vice City? My favorite thus far. The main guy talked and he took over Vice City. I actually got %100 percent in Vice City and got rewarded with some body guards at the mansion. That was when I saw a preview of the new AI that was about to come out on San Andreas. Just not as smooth.

San Andreas....Too easy. I really smoked this game. I must admit, there are a lot of stuff to do in this game but the rewards aren't worth it at all. On the other hand, the gameplay on this one is clearly superior in comparison to the other GTA titles.

GTA4 will definitely be hot. Thank god it comes out next year cause I definitely don't want to burn $500 dollars right now on the PS3. Hopefully PS3 prices will drop when GTA4 comes out. Gotta cop it.
Uchiha_Hai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:36 PM   #19
v-unit
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,149
v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

This games will never be forgotten, they have really created this new era of video games.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:04 PM   #20
schyza
High School Starter
 
schyza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Cali transplant in AZ aka hell
Posts: 833
schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

Just saw at Target that you can pre-order the new GTA and the date was showing 3/08 so March of 08 looks like the date it will come out
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:10 PM   #21
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan
 
Rab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Purple Palace
Posts: 2,871
Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

Vice City was my favorite. The music was great, the missions were cool, and the talk shows cracked me up.

San Andreas was really fun too, but I like Vice City the best.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:17 PM   #22
v-unit
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,149
v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by schyza
Just saw at Target that you can pre-order the new GTA and the date was showing 3/08 so March of 08 looks like the date it will come out

That's great! Ah I can't wait to get it.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:46 PM   #23
Jimmy2k8
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,255
Jimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation hereJimmy2k8 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

I have all of the current games except 1. I don't have GTA III. Yeah, I know...I am a bad person for not having the first GTA game of the new era.


I have all of the other GTA games though....not the old ones(like GTA the original one).


Here's how I'll rank the games imo.

1. Vice City-Tough choice between Vice City the Original game and San Andreas..but Vice City had a better story line, had a cool main character, and had better music stations.

2. San Andreas-Big game yes, but story lines is what really makes the game good and San Andreas had the second best story line.

3.GTA III-Like mentioned, I don't have the game, but I heard that the missions are the hardest out all of the GTA games as of now. Plus, I hear that the Main Character(Claude according to most people) does not talk at all in the game.EVER.

4. Liberty City Stories-Disappointed that this game sucked. but was much better than Vice City Stories.

5. Vice City Stories-the WOAT gta game I've ever played. the Main Character was horrible, terrible story line that did not make sense at all, horrible theme music, and the ending wasn't that great at all.
Jimmy2k8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:13 PM   #24
v-unit
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,149
v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy2k8
I have all of the current games except 1. I don't have GTA III. Yeah, I know...I am a bad person for not having the first GTA game of the new era.


I have all of the other GTA games though....not the old ones(like GTA the original one).


Here's how I'll rank the games imo.

1. Vice City-Tough choice between Vice City the Original game and San Andreas..but Vice City had a better story line, had a cool main character, and had better music stations.

2. San Andreas-Big game yes, but story lines is what really makes the game good and San Andreas had the second best story line.

3.GTA III-Like mentioned, I don't have the game, but I heard that the missions are the hardest out all of the GTA games as of now. Plus, I hear that the Main Character(Claude according to most people) does not talk at all in the game.EVER.

4. Liberty City Stories-Disappointed that this game sucked. but was much better than Vice City Stories.

5. Vice City Stories-the WOAT gta game I've ever played. the Main Character was horrible, terrible story line that did not make sense at all, horrible theme music, and the ending wasn't that great at all.

Respectable list, GTA III definatly had the hardest missions, and no speach, but that main character is the guy you race with Katrina in San Andreas, like San Andreas happend before GTA III...It's amazing once you connect everything though, it's pretty cool.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:26 PM   #25
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,687
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Respectable list, GTA III definatly had the hardest missions, and no speach, but that main character is the guy you race with Katrina in San Andreas, like San Andreas happend before GTA III...It's amazing once you connect everything though, it's pretty cool.
That's what I liked about it too, I was disapointed to hear Dan Houser say that there probably wouldn't be any returning characters for GTA IV because "They're all probably dead by now". Although he could just be saying that to throw you off track.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:30 PM   #26
v-unit
NBA All-star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 9,149
v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
That's what I liked about it too, I was disapointed to hear Dan Houser say that there probably wouldn't be any returning characters for GTA IV because "They're all probably dead by now". Although he could just be saying that to throw you off track.

Yeah! Wow I finished all the games, and then I really started putting it together, then went online and found the full story with everything together, and it's like, "New York Times best seller" worthy. But when I read that (bolded comment) I was like what the ****, why? I hope they work something out to fix that.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:34 PM   #27
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,687
El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The Official Grand Theft Auto Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Yeah! Wow I finished all the games, and then I really started putting it together, then went online and found the full story with everything together, and it's like, "New York Times best seller" worthy. But when I read that (bolded comment) I was like what the ****, why? I hope they work something out to fix that.
You have to remember that Vice City was in the 80's and San Andreas was the early 90's, while IV is set in mordern times (So 15-25+ years have passed for the main characters from the previous games) so it's completely plausable that they've all ended up being killed in a gang related mishap. Like I said though, it could just be a red herring.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:44 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy