Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-13-2007, 05:43 PM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Patterson Waived: Frahm signed

Quote:
The Clippers today waived forward Ruben Patterson in a move aimed at creating roster flexibility.
link

I am so ****ing frustrated right now. Patterson was the ONLY player besides Chris and Corey who I saw giving a full effort every night, and they waive him? They better be signing PJ Brown or Chris Webber if they are going to waive such a serviceable player. I don't get this damn franchise anymore, I just don't. You waive someone who has arguably been your 4th/5th best player this year and the only one full of energy just because you don't want to pay him the minimum?

Something better follow, just better.

Well, Clippers signed someone else already:
Quote:
Guard Richie Frahm, who was cut by the Phoenix Suns before the season, was signed to a non-guaranteed contract to fill the spot on the roster.

Same link, looks like this wasn't for Thornton afterall, but Frahm over Patterson? WTF

Last edited by qrich : 12-13-2007 at 05:57 PM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 06:45 PM   #2
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation
Default Re: Patterson Waived: Frahm signed

There has to be a reason behind this.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:33 PM   #3
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

I can't say I'm 100% happy, but we'll have to see what happens. One move that I would like to see is us adding cut rookie Marcus Williams to play some back-up shooting guard minutes. We need youth, and Williams definitly has talent and a lot of upside
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 01:18 AM   #4
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
I can't say I'm 100% happy, but we'll have to see what happens. One move that I would like to see is us adding cut rookie Marcus Williams to play some back-up shooting guard minutes. We need youth, and Williams definitly has talent and a lot of upside
Where in the world have you been?
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:09 PM   #5
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

I wouldn't mind us signing an athletic big from the D-league such as Rod Benson to our squad. He just had 28 pts and 28 rebounds in his last game. Paul Davis and Aaron Williams are pretty slow and it wouldnt hurt to have one athletic big man out there.

Also where is James White? I wouldnt mind us adding him either. But then again, Dunleavy doesnt like athletic swingmen it seems. First having Singleton in the dog house last 2 seasons and then now cutting Patterson...
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:23 AM   #6
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
I wouldn't mind us signing an athletic big from the D-league such as Rod Benson to our squad. He just had 28 pts and 28 rebounds in his last game. Paul Davis and Aaron Williams are pretty slow and it wouldnt hurt to have one athletic big man out there.

Also where is James White? I wouldnt mind us adding him either. But then again, Dunleavy doesnt like athletic swingmen it seems. First having Singleton in the dog house last 2 seasons and then now cutting Patterson...

Paul Davis is slow? lol =]
jk. but i went to see a clipper/heat game(tickets were given to me. they were really close)
I have respect for this young dude. I like his game. its pretty fundamental. that little 15 footer. He looks like a teaser...
MJ(Mean John) is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:18 PM   #7
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
Where in the world have you been?

what do you mean?
Old 12-17-2007, 08:07 PM   #8
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
what do you mean?
I have not seen you post in a long time.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:16 AM   #9
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Frahm had the game of his life!
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 06:32 PM   #10
dumbleavy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dumbleavy has an OK reputation so far

Fire Dumbleavy!!!!!
dumbleavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:03 PM   #11
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

Quote:
I have not seen you post in a long time.

Oh. Well I started college and have been really busy. Two jobs, school, and other stuff, all in a different state than my family. So I've been pretty stressed. But the important thing is that I'm back now.

Patterson got axed because of our completly rediculous PG situation. We have two injury prone PG's, and they both keep a spot. If you ask me, enough is enough. It's been like this the past 3 or 4 years, and I say we finally take care of it: Livingston or Cassell. One needs to be traded for a more reliable PG and leader.

As for Frahm, the jury's still out. He looked good against Toronto. Let's give this dude a chance.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:17 PM   #12
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

Quote:
Oh. Well I started college and have been really busy. Two jobs, school, and other stuff, all in a different state than my family. So I've been pretty stressed. But the important thing is that I'm back now.

Patterson got axed because of our completly rediculous PG situation. We have two injury prone PG's, and they both keep a spot. If you ask me, enough is enough. It's been like this the past 3 or 4 years, and I say we finally take care of it: Livingston or Cassell. One needs to be traded for a more reliable PG and leader.

As for Frahm, the jury's still out. He looked good against Toronto. Let's give this dude a chance.
Actually we have 4 injury prone point guards. I'm definately hoping for a Christmas trade.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:22 PM   #13
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

Quote:
Actually we have 4 injury prone point guards. I'm definately hoping for a Christmas trade.

Well yeah, that goes without saying. I just emant 2 injured point guards that can start and should actually be playing. If Brevin Knight or Dan DIckau went to most other teams, they'd be getting splinters. The whole PG situation is messed up. What I'd like to see is Sam Cassell and Brevin Knight for Kyle Lowry. Why Memphis does this, I have no idea, but we ship two out and get one back.

Quite honestly, Livingston should be on his last leg (no pun intended). Management needs to recognize how often this kid is injured and evaluate him carefully. We can't have him as an empty roster spot for the next 10 years, no matter how good he could be or is when he plays.
Old 12-21-2007, 05:34 PM   #14
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

OK, I've changed my mind again. With Gordan Giricek possibly being bought out or traded, nothing against Frahm, but we need to dump him and go after Giricek if that happens.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: