Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-12-2007, 01:22 PM   #1
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default My 360 has the RROD

RROD= Red Ring of Death

3 flashing red lights.
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: My 360 has the RROD

Send it in. Just got mine back a week ago
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

What was the turn around time on that?
Old 12-12-2007, 02:09 PM   #4
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
What was the turn around time on that?

12 days total for me.

emphasize what a great inconvenience this is and ms will accommodate you with marketplace points, live subscription credit, and sometimes a game. (first-hand knowledge)

if you just go through the motions, you'll receive 1-month of xbox-live free.

since you have to call cust svc anyway, at least make it worth your while.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if it's not under warranty, you can try the towel trick. if u send it in around x-mas time, expect a delay.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:21 PM   #6
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
12 days total for me.

emphasize what a great inconvenience this is and ms will accommodate you with marketplace points, live subscription credit, and sometimes a game. (first-hand knowledge)

if you just go through the motions, you'll receive 1-month of xbox-live free.

since you have to call cust svc anyway, at least make it worth your while.
How did you emphasize your inconvenience?
Old 12-13-2007, 04:42 AM   #7
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

About 10 total days for me. said sorry for the inconvenience and gave 1 month of free xbox live gold.

Didnt emphasize any inconveniences.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:49 AM   #8
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star

Charlie Sheen has decent reputationCharlie Sheen has decent reputation

First of all, I STRESS to you, do not take the advice of whoever suggested the "towel trick".
Here's why:

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...antyupdate.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
How did you emphasize your inconvenience?
Complain. Become a nuisance in general. Inform whoever you are dealing with that you have recently invested money in new games which you are now unable to play. Embellish, exaggerate, and lie if you so desire
In all likelihood, they'll make a few attempts to pacify you by saying the best they can do is a month of x-box gold.
Reply: this is inexcusable and you would like to deal with someone else.

process continues in that fashion

An approach like that will return a better package than the default 1-month of xbox live.

It is all about your resolve, really. If you have the time to waste, and patience, go for it.

If you want to fore go the hassle, it only takes 5 minutes to request a box for shipping.

I don't think the turn around time should be any longer bc of the holidays. Shipping was ups guaranteed 2-day both ways for me, and I doubt the service center is receiving any greater volume of bricked consoles.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #9
TDotKnight
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TDotKnight has an OK reputation so far

I complained because mine took a lil while to arrive so i got 2 free games, 1 year of Live and a free 20gb hd! But I called so many times to complain because it almost too a month. But I know if you complain they will hook you up with something.
TDotKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:15 PM   #10
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
if it's not under warranty, you can try the towel trick. if u send it in around x-mas time, expect a delay.

How long is the warranty?
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:18 PM   #11
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldridge Fan
How long is the warranty?

Never mind. It looks like it's 3 years if you get the red light of death. I you don't, then it's your standard.

What is the standard warranty without the red light of death? Didn't read the whole link.

I'm lazy.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #12
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Dude, don't try the towel fix. If will f*ck up your box. Yeah it fixes the red light temporarily but at the expense of your 360's health. I got the 3ROD about 5 months ago and I have a modifed xbox . Luckily, I was able to find a third party to fix it for $40. Works like a charm now.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:15 PM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i was pretty much kidding about the towel trick. i know of someone who fixes 360's w/ the rrod for cheap.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:48 PM   #14
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
i was pretty much kidding about the towel trick. i know of someone who fixes 360's w/ the rrod for cheap.

can you still get it fixed even though u did the towel tricks nd you had the red lights.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 PM   #15
jbot
Future D1 Dad

it's called an "x-clamp" fix. i don't know what it is exactly but it fixes the rrod. a guy on this game forum i'm on fixes them for pretty cheap. u gotta mail it to him and he'll ship it back.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: