Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 12-20-2007, 10:25 AM   #31
Mirage
Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: My B. Davis for his Nash?

LOL, it didn't work. I sent him another trade offer, this time with Baron and VC for Nash and Dunleavy. We'll see, I kinda lost respect for the guy based on how he typed the message to me. It was the most incoherent crap I have ever read. I honestly don't know how he has such a good team. He did say he didn't want to do a 2 for 1 deal though. So I don't know. He countered my offer with Nash and Outlaw for my Baron and Big Al. I declined this.

Last edited by Mirage : 12-20-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:26 AM   #32
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage
LOL, it didn't work. I sent him another trade offer, this time with Baron and VC for Nash and Dunleavy. We'll see, I kinda lost respect for the guy based on how he typed the message to me. It was the most incoherent crap I have ever read. I honestly don't know how he has such a good team.

Dont blow that deal!! Go back to your original deal if you have to or just ask for Nash for Baron and JRich, its a great deal for you either way you do it!
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:29 AM   #33
Mirage

Quote:
Dont blow that deal!! Go back to your original deal if you have to or just ask for Nash for Baron and JRich, its a great deal for you either way you do it!

Which deal are you referring to?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #34
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
Yea, the deal verbally is Baron and JRich, for Paul and someone else. And not Childress. I am thinking about asking for durant or maybe Thomas. We can see where it will go.

This one! My fault, I meant CP3 not Nash!

Man, so much talk of Nash and Paul for Baron that my head is spinning.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #35
Mirage

LMAO, tell me about it. So you agree that the numbers don't matter? It just kills me that I am upgrading his team.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #36
Mirage

The guy with just offered me a trade.

My:
Baron
Big Al
VC

for his:
Nash
Outlaw
Dunleavy

Not sure what to do, I like the Dunleavy Nash part, but Outlaw is not nearly as good as Big Al.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #37
j Fresh3
Banned

Yes. More stats, more wins.
j Fresh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #38
Mirage

Do you think this is fair?

My:
Baron
Big Al
VC

His:
West
Nash
Dunleavy?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #39
Mirage

My:
Baron
Big Al
VC

His:
West
Nash
Dunleavy?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #40
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:
LMAO, tell me about it. So you agree that the numbers don't matter? It just kills me that I am upgrading his team.

I'm not a fan of JRich, but I know that his stats make a stronger argument than my own personal feelings on his game. Its hard to argue with 60 3ptm, 5 rpg, and 1.3 spg from your sg spot, but his percentages are such killers, and its not like his change of scenery is bringing out any new levels of his game.

There is risk involved in this trade obviously. I can sit here and spout off about how you should deal Baron at the height of his value and blah blah blah, but Paul isnt without any injury proness either. I just feel like Baron is going to get hurt, just like he's going to tantalize when he does play, because thats just what he does. Getting the #2 rated player in the game back for him and JRich is great in my opinion, but you've got to trust what you think in your gut and just "gently" listen to all of our opinions when it comes down to it. That way, if something goes wrong, you wont come back here and shoot me

I try to look at it as the upgrade you're selling to him isnt permanent, and the value you're getting isnt so much numbers as it is a risk factor. I dealt Camby for Dirk, and when you break down the numbers, Camby was rated higher at the time, but when I factor in Camby's injury proness with Dirk's excellent attendance resume, I feel like it tilts the numbers my way. If Baron misses 10-20 games, he loses a lot to Paul, JRich's numbers and/or possible injuries aside, if any of that makes sense.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #41
Mirage

Yea I see what you are saying. I guess I would like to improve on a cat in the trade, as well as unload the risk. Hence my fascination with Nash. I am weakish in assists, so it would help a lot. What do you think of those two trades?
Old 12-20-2007, 12:56 PM   #42
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

Quote:

My:
Baron
Big Al
VC

His:
West
Nash
Dunleavy?

I like that better than the Outlaw one for sure. There are a lot of factors there, such as West's injury concerns and Dunleavy's inconsistent past. Although dealing Jefferson hurts, ridding yourself of an injury prone and just-signed-another-fat-contract VC makes me feel a bit better.

It comes down to rolling the dice really. Does the upgrade of numbers and security that Nash provides over Baron equal the production you'll lose from Jefferson? Who's crazy career do you trust more, VC's or Dunleavy's?

IMO, I do the deal. I would sleep well knowing that I replaced Baron with Nash, and I would find the boards I was losing with Jefferson somewhere else. Good luck with what you decide man.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:06 PM   #43
Mirage

Thanks for all the help. I am newish to this stuff and am learning a lot. Hope I make the right decision.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #44
monkierojer
Decent playground baller

I like the

My:
Baron
Big Al
VC

His:
West
Nash
Dunleavy

I feel west is a underrated player and he would help you recover from losing al. gl man
monkierojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:29 PM   #45
Mirage

LMAO, this whole thing is a mess. That guy only wants Al for Outlaw, so it is not happening. I am trying to do a CP deal now.
Baron
JRich

CP
Mike Miller

See what happens. I am friends with this owner so he will be easier to deal with. WOW, I may end up keeping Baron. LOL
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: