Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 12-17-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Thoughts on Earl Boykins as a Pacer?

Does anybody think he might be worth going after? Diener is the backup; not sure how he's done, and Andre Owens is listed at 6-4, 200 pounds, haven't seen him play. I think he'd provide a nice burst off the bench for Tinsley, but he would probably cost too much money. Do the Pacers even have cap space or the MLE? Just trying to get some thoughts on what you all think he would be like in a Pacer uni.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Thoughts on Earl Boykins as a Pacer?

i liked him in the past, especially with his run with the nuggets, but i'd rather see us use diener instead of bringing in another player. i think he can really contribute if given the chance. 'quis has been the primary backup pg and he does fine when he's not shooting.

at this point, boykins might sign w/ a team and play for peanuts.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:58 PM   #3
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i liked him in the past, especially with his run with the nuggets, but i'd rather see us use diener instead of bringing in another player. i think he can really contribute if given the chance. 'quis has been the primary backup pg and he does fine when he's not shooting.

at this point, boykins might sign w/ a team and play for peanuts.

Marquis Daniels can play PG? Wow, he's pretty tall for a PG.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Marquis Daniels can play PG? Wow, he's pretty tall for a PG.

yeah, i think that's why o'brien has been using him so much lately. he's got a size advantage over smaller defenders but he has the defensive skills and quickness to keep up w/ them. he played a bit of pg in dallas too.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:03 PM   #5
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Yeah I've heard he's a very good defender, and didn't he come into the league undrafted? I remember when he and Howard were just young tots in the league, and they showed a lot of potential. Hopefully Indiana can utilize his defense. Oh and I've played as him on NBA Live and his shot sucks, not sure if that reflects on the real game, but hopefully he's a distributor, not selfish shooter. Leave the shooting to Rush and Dunleavy.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #6
jbot
Future D1 Dad

yes, he was undrafted and has come a long way as a player in the league, though howard has become more of a profound player.

i'd say his shot rating is dead on in any video game (which is below average i guess). he's a superb slasher but not a jumpshooter. o'brien's offense allows u to shoot if you're open so u can't really blame him for taking shots.
Old 12-17-2007, 11:02 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For those of you who want to trade him, what do you want in return? Expiring contracts, draft picks, a starter......
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:21 AM   #8
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
For those of you who want to trade him, what do you want in return? Expiring contracts, draft picks, a starter......

If he were to be traded, draft picks or a young starter would probably be the way to go. Indy would also have to take on a big contract to match O'Neal's.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:25 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24

definitely some picks and a good pf to take his spot, maybe even a decent sg. as long as we wouldn't bring in someone who will take any minutes away from granger.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:18 PM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
definitely some picks and a good pf to take his spot, maybe even a decent sg. as long as we wouldn't bring in someone who will take any minutes away from granger.
I honestly don't want Dunleavy to lose any minutes either. At this point I think if one of them HAD to come off the bench, I would rather see Granger do so. Dunleavy has been very consistent so far, I would hate to see him lose any playing time. Here's my JO deal I've been tossing around for awhile...

JO to WAS for Jamison and Nick Young

I think we get a good, veteran PF who can run in OB's system. Antawn is a good shooter, but a bit soft inside. I still think he'd be a great fit here. And Young, seems very much like Shawne Williams in the way he plays. But I honestly haven't seen a lot of him to know a whole lot about him... All I know is that he is a young talent, who has a lot of upside to his game. Very realistic trade, IMO.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:26 PM   #11
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
I honestly don't want Dunleavy to lose any minutes either. At this point I think if one of them HAD to come off the bench, I would rather see Granger do so. Dunleavy has been very consistent so far, I would hate to see him lose any playing time. Here's my JO deal I've been tossing around for awhile...

JO to WAS for Jamison and Nick Young

I think we get a good, veteran PF who can run in OB's system. Antawn is a good shooter, but a bit soft inside. I still think he'd be a great fit here. And Young, seems very much like Shawne Williams in the way he plays. But I honestly haven't seen a lot of him to know a whole lot about him... All I know is that he is a young talent, who has a lot of upside to his game. Very realistic trade, IMO.

IMO, Nick Young takes minutes away from Mike Dunleavy. Jamison would be a downgrade from O'Neal, but could opt out after the season, which he probably will, and Indiana would be able to either resign him if they like what they see, or let go of him and put their money towards someone else. I lean towards the latter.
Old 12-18-2007, 09:41 PM   #12
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
IMO, Nick Young takes minutes away from Mike Dunleavy. Jamison would be a downgrade from O'Neal, but could opt out after the season, which he probably will, and Indiana would be able to either resign him if they like what they see, or let go of him and put their money towards someone else. I lean towards the latter.
Exactly, it's a great win-win situation either way. Nick Young is a talent that we could develop, and depending on who ends up playing better (he or Shawne Williams) one of them could be used as trade bait down the line...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #13
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Exactly, it's a great win-win situation either way. Nick Young is a talent that we could develop, and depending on who ends up playing better (he or Shawne Williams) one of them could be used as trade bait down the line...

Agreed, they could be great trade bait. They would also be able to push the players in front of them to be their best.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:22 PM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Agreed, they could be great trade bait. They would also be able to push the players in front of them to be their best.
Good point, I really want no PT taken from Dunleavy OR Granger, so I'm not so hot on the other guard the more I think about it.
Old 12-18-2007, 10:35 PM   #15
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Young would still be great trade bait, and maybe the Pacers could package him and/or Williams to move the Pacers up in the draft? They could also trade them for a center.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: