Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-29-2006, 03:35 PM   #16
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
when you trade FOR a player, he can't be traded again for a period of time. Utah cannot trade him for a little while...I think.

I think you can't trade him for a number of months, not a number of years.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

yeah then that was fake crap. I hate people that do that
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:51 PM   #18
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider

that's what I was saying - that it's like 3 months until they can trade Fish anywhere, so why would they announce it so soon, GM's will deny a trade until like the day of it...
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:41 AM   #19
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblockallstars
that's what I was saying - that it's like 3 months until they can trade Fish anywhere, so why would they announce it so soon, GM's will deny a trade until like the day of it...

Ok cool. Maybe the reason why they're announcing the trade so soon is to gain attention from the other teams that Carlos Boozer and Derek Fisher have some value, so they're probably trying to get interest for Carlos Boozer mostly, so that when other teams learn about Carlos Boozer and Derek Fisher being availalble, teams would inquire about it and the Utah Jazz could weigh their options instead of one option being the Los Angeles Lakers. This gives the Utah Jazz plenty of time weight their options if other teams become interested in Carlos Boozer and Derek Fisher. This all being if this rumor is indeed true.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:37 AM   #20
phatshady_c4
Banned

thats a false trade...and i dont think theres a trade rule cos chicago just got jr smith and already traded him...

it would be good for lakers to get boozer and kirilenko and keep mihm, vujacic, farmar, of course kobe, walton, radmanovic and the 2 young centres (bynum & turiaf) at least...but thats just wishful thinking
phatshady_c4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:14 AM   #21
KOBEFAN4LYFE
I Hit Open Layups

First Off Derek Fisher Was Never Traded By The Lakers, He Was Originally Let Go As A Free Agent And Signed Somewhere Else.. And You Dont Have To Wait Any Amount Of Time Except For Maybe 24 Hours To Trade Somebody You Just Acquired.. Remember , Rasheed Wallace Was Traded From Portland To The Atlanta Hawks And 2 Or 3 Days Later He Was Traded To Detroit.. But Anyways My Opinion On The Trade Idea, I Dont Like It Because,,, I Like The Team We Have Right Now.. We Dont Need To Make Any More Trades Except Maybe One Or Two For A Veteran Who Will Not Be Injured As Soon As We Get Him Or Right In Crunch Tim When We Are Making A Playoff Push.. I Dont Think This Coming Season, But The Next Is When The Lakers Will Explode And Become Champions Again.. I Do Look For Them To Go Far This Season But Not Champions, We Are Still A Season Of Expierence Away.. Radman,williams,evans,and Farmar All Need To Learn The Triangle Before They Can Be Legitimate Contibutors For Us... Goooo Lakers!
KOBEFAN4LYFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:11 PM   #22
marny_navis
Banned

WHAT???PHUCK KUPCAKE!!!!!!!!!!

sorry bout the language
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:29 PM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I think Evans can be pretty good trade bait.
I know we havent given him a chance but We have to see how he will do first.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:03 PM   #24
praneel
Stay Strong Droth

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider

you can trade a player you just traded for, but if you sign a player you cant trade him for i think 90 days. but you can trade players left and right whenever you got them
praneel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:25 PM   #25
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

Quote:
Originally Posted by praneel
you can trade a player you just traded for, but if you sign a player you cant trade him for i think 90 days. but you can trade players left and right whenever you got them

Oh yeah that's right, I was confused
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:52 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by praneel

But earlier this year I remember a quote from chucky atkins saying he was hoping to be one of the traded players to be traded on a certain date where newly acquired people can start to be traded (hopefully that wasnt confusing).

If that is the cae here is my theory:

1. Newly acquired players either signed or traded for cannot be traded until that certain date.

2. After that date a player may be traded as many times as possible.

because dont forget also late before the trading deadline rasheed was traded twice within a span of 2 days.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: