Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 12-19-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Kinsey Cut

I know there is a thread in the main NBA forum, but I wanted to see what you Grizz fans in particular thought of one of your best defenders and potential 15PPG scorer if given starting minutes being cut?

Is it just cutting roster space open ready for a trade? (The signing of Jeremy Richardson may only be a temporary one maybe?)

Could Kinsey have fallen out with the backroom staff at his lack of minutes? (I wouldn't blame him considering the job he did when given starting minutes last season, 18PPG anyone?)

Or are the Grizzlies just stupid for doing it?

I've heard that he is already being readied to sign for the Hornets.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kinsey Cut

Well, I'd like to give my honest opinion on this but it would contain provocative language and me basically calling the Memphis management a bunch of tools for an entire post. So I'll leave it at this, The Grizzlies are f'ing retarded for waiving Kinsey. I tried to remove as much as I could from the initial point, but as you can see there's still some harsh words.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #3
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Ivaroni never really thought to highly of kinsey.There is a radio show here in memphis where ivaroni answers questions.The fans reapedidly asked why kinsey dosent play.He just didnt fit what the coach wants to do I guess.He needed to cut casey bum jacobson.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 03:46 PM   #4
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Ivaroni never really thought to highly of kinsey.There is a radio show here in memphis where ivaroni answers questions.The fans reapedidly asked why kinsey dosent play.He just didnt fit what the coach wants to do I guess.He needed to cut casey bum jacobson.

Couldn't agree more. Jacobsens a '3 point shooter' who's shooting 28% from beyond the arc.

I think its because Iavaroni brought Jacobsen in, and Kinsey was already there. Perhaps too stubborn to cut the player he brought in?
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:08 PM   #5
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

This is the dumbest move Memphis management has made since the signing of Brian Cardinal.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
This is the dumbest move Memphis management has made since the signing of Brian Cardinal.
It very well may be, but I doubt it's as bad.

And thankyou for reminding me of the Cardinal signing, that paired with Kinsey being waived makes me want to cry.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:23 AM   #7
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer

GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far

The only reason I can imagine for keeping Casey Jacobsen is they don't want (or the think they won't be able) to keep Navarro.

I know that's pretty ridiculous, Navarro is far better player than Jacobsen, but I can't think of another reason.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:06 PM   #8
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
The only reason I can imagine for keeping Casey Jacobsen is they don't want (or the think they won't be able) to keep Navarro.

I know that's pretty ridiculous, Navarro is far better player than Jacobsen, but I can't think of another reason.

Kinsey was not playing at all and Jacobsen was backing up the 2 and the 3 spots. Since his contract was becoming guaranteed by today, they just decided to waive him. Still dumb movement IMO because they are not saving "real" money (I think Tarence earns around 500k$) while the lose a talented player, but I think it is the only reason.
I think that movement has been a big mistake because at the end of the season the Grizz will have only one SG (Miller) in the roster, since both Navarro and Jacobsen's contracts finish by that date. I don't see the Grizzlies giving an extension to Casey and re-signing JC could be tough considering how good he is performing. So there would be a new hole to fill which would have been really assured with Kinsey still in the roster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
It very well may be, but I doubt it's as bad.
Just found Kinsey's salary and he seems to be earning 183k$. Hope it is wrong, because waiving him just to save that ridiculous amount of money is stupid.

Last edited by berraco : 12-20-2007 at 06:14 PM.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:02 PM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

I dont know maybe there was locker room issues.Like maybe kinsey wanted to play more.He had a right to be upset about time.Casey is just a younger skinnier version of cardinal.Also a hell of alot cheaper.I guess there wasnt enough room.But for a team that is doing this bad.They need all the help they can get.Makes no sense to cut players that can help.I could se the spurs or suns cutting a player like kinsey.But the grizzlies, come on.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: