Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2007, 10:07 PM   #31
bomber
Good college starter

bomber has decent reputationbomber has decent reputation
Default Re: Zo's career might be over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
He's right though.

Looking back now, I wish the kidney disease took Zo out of the game a while ago. He's a scumbag who quit on 2 teams. One of which gave him a nice big contract despite his health concerns. It's not like we wanted him to die... just have his career ended.

It'll be nice not having to see him flex and scream like an idiot after every block.

He didn't really quit on the Raptors and the Nets traded him, he wasn't didn't ask for it. He wasn't going to play in Toronto and they just traded Vince, why would they keep him?

I feel for the guy he over came a lot and wishing for someone's career to end is cruel. I dislike Kobe but I wouldn't be happy if his career ended based on an injury.
bomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:09 PM   #32
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Wow. Lots of hate for 'Zo, though I guess it is deserved? What was the second team he quit on? I know he refused to report to Toronto in the VC trade...that was pretty crummy.

I've always liked 'Zo. Sad to see his career end in a pitiful loss to the Atlanta Hawks...
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #33
bomber
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwnman
ahan - please show me those "some things"... I don't respect a guy who's not grateful to be in the NBA, and that's exactly what Zo is - he's not grateful to play in the nba - he has poor character - i could really care less if he died - I don't wish it on him (I did post way way way back in the day where I said I wish he would die - but even you don't remember that) - but I wouldn't care if he did - I would have no sympathy for him whatsoever...

Well Randy's Dog Thread. You just seem like an intolerant scumbag. Plus you just admitted to wishing Zo would die in the past. I think Zo is more than grateful, otherwise he wouldn't have comeback, from the illness, or after the ring.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #34
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Wow. Lots of hate for 'Zo, though I guess it is deserved? What was the second team he quit on? I know he refused to report to Toronto in the VC trade...that was pretty crummy.

I've always liked 'Zo. Sad to see his career end in a pitiful loss to the Atlanta Hawks...

NJ Nets - he said they lost the will to win (I think it was the owner who said he didn't care much about winning a championship or nothing, he just wants to move to brooklyn, according to ZO)...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #35
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Okay, that's crappy to quit on two teams, but wishing someone's career was over or he would die because of it? That's beyond scummy and immature.

Just boo him and move on.

Quote:
NJ Nets - he said they lost the will to win (I think it was the owner who said he didn't care much about winning a championship or nothing, he just wants to move to brooklyn, according to ZO)...
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:13 PM   #36
I'm Sorry, Guys!
Banned

I'm Sorry, Guys! has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
ahan - please show me those "some things"... I don't respect a guy who's not grateful to be in the NBA, and that's exactly what Zo is - he's not grateful to play in the nba - he has poor character - i could really care less if he died - I don't wish it on him (I did post way way way back in the day where I said I wish he would die - but even you don't remember that) - but I wouldn't care if he did - I would have no sympathy for him whatsoever...
I'm Sorry, Guys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:17 PM   #37
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber
Well Randy's Dog Thread. You just seem like an intolerant scumbag. Plus you just admitted to wishing Zo would die in the past. I think Zo is more than grateful, otherwise he wouldn't have comeback, from the illness, or after the ring.

I don't care about dogs - I wouldn't care if dogs died, I stand by that - they are good for sniffing out drugs/some type of cancer (saw it on ripley's)/fighting the law and sh!t, just don't care much about them - but me and randy figured that out - wish you read the rest of the thread than just hang by one post...

he came back to get in to the HOF and win a ring (which is tainted for his career in my eyes), he didn't come back to make a gutsy comeback, but to win a ring, and he came back because he thought he could win again - once he thinks the team is declining, he won't come back... and he is such a drama queen - always contemplating retirement..
Old 12-19-2007, 10:21 PM   #38
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Okay, that's crappy to quit on two teams, but wishing someone's career was over or he would die because of it? That's beyond scummy and immature.

Just boo him and move on.

what he could have done, is let toronto buy him out for nothing - but he wanted money too and toronto couldn't have had insurance on him because of his transplant - classless move by ZO...
Old 12-19-2007, 10:28 PM   #39
bomber
Good college starter

Quote:
what he could have done, is let toronto buy him out for nothing - but he wanted money too and toronto couldn't have had insurance on him because of his transplant - classless move by ZO...

Ok so could hundreds of other players who are bought out. He obviously did something to earn that contract. And the real culprit in that scenario was Vince Carter.

The Raptors didn't want Zo they were planning to rebuild around Bosh. You are kidding yourself if you think they did.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:31 PM   #40
brwnman

Quote:
Ok so could hundreds of other players who are bought out. He obviously did something to earn that contract. And the real culprit in that scenario was Vince Carter.

The Raptors didn't want Zo they were planning to rebuild around Bosh. You are kidding yourself if you think they did.

so you don't know anything about the situation but you spew out lies? babcock contacted zo numerous times asking him to come, zo admitted it, but he didn't want to play for anyone besides miami - but he wouldn't get bought out cheap... now tell me if that is classless or not...
Old 12-19-2007, 10:32 PM   #41
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

Raptors fans need to stop crying. can you blame an aging ring chasing superstar for not wanting to go to the Raptors in 2004??

great career, Zo. i'll never forget your shot to beat Boston in 93. Zo is an inspirational hero to millions. AI and Kobe get a lot of press about being "tough" and being made of steel, but this guy is the true warrior.

Last edited by AI Nuggets3 : 12-19-2007 at 10:35 PM.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:34 PM   #42
brwnman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Nuggets3
Raptors fans need to stop crying. can you blame an aging ring chasing superstar for not wanting to go to the Raptors in 2003??

great career, Zo. i'll never forget your shot to beat Boston in 93.

yes you can blame him... there is something called honoring you contract, which he didn't do... again the least he can do is get bought out cheap - which he didn't do...
Old 12-19-2007, 10:40 PM   #43
Darkthug
I hit open layups

Darkthug has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by e20dyl4n
zo had more heart then any player

But everyone else had more kidney.
Darkthug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #44
bomber
Good college starter

Quote:
so you don't know anything about the situation but you spew out lies? babcock contacted zo numerous times asking him to come, zo admitted it, but he didn't want to play for anyone besides miami - but he wouldn't get bought out cheap... now tell me if that is classless or not...

Right. Babcock. The guy who traded Vince Carter for jack. Of course he claimed he wanted Zo to play their. He was covering his own tail, can't you see that?

It doesn't add up. Zo didn't want to be there. Babcock had to justify the VC deal and just Aaron Williams and buying out Zo wasn't going to cut it. Obviously it didn't work out so he claimed he wanted Zo.

Look at how many hold overs are on the roster since Vince got traded, very few. They were rebuilding not hoping Zo would be the savior.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:12 PM   #45
brwnman

Quote:
Right. Babcock. The guy who traded Vince Carter for jack. Of course he claimed he wanted Zo to play their. He was covering his own tail, can't you see that?

It doesn't add up. Zo didn't want to be there. Babcock had to justify the VC deal and just Aaron Williams and buying out Zo wasn't going to cut it. Obviously it didn't work out so he claimed he wanted Zo.

Look at how many hold overs are on the roster since Vince got traded, very few. They were rebuilding not hoping Zo would be the savior.

are you making stuff up? Babcock said having Zo would be a bonus, but they're doing the trade as if Zo is never going to play for them - he wanted him there though to mentor the young players...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: