Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 12-19-2007, 11:40 PM   #16
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Pacers #1 in scoring in the Eastern Conference

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Lol, you guys have a Spencer's there?

yeah, but that's in the mall and not the store i was talking about. this is a non-franchised/real deal place. HEADSTONE & FRIENDS. i haven't been in that place for years though.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:41 PM   #17
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Don't you think it could easily be fixed, even though GOBB may be a bit loud, I think it could be a good forum. Maybe people here are just lazy. At least we don't have to worry about that in this forum.

Sorry, couldn't resist the banana.

The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:16 PM   #18
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

though th Pacers are #1 in scoring in the EC, and it makes their games a whole lot better to watch, I'd still prefer a defensive minded team over an offensive minded one...as we have see over the past years Offense will win you games (ie. the Suns) and Defense will win you championships (ie. Pistons and Spurs)....

But JO, as being the teams "leader", has said that their main goal this season will just be to get into the playoffs
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:20 PM   #19
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
though th Pacers are #1 in scoring in the EC, and it makes their games a whole lot better to watch, I'd still prefer a defensive minded team over an offensive minded one...as we have see over the past years Offense will win you games (ie. the Suns) and Defense will win you championships (ie. Pistons and Spurs)....

But JO, as being the teams "leader", has said that their main goal this season will just be to get into the playoffs
Have you seen the last few years where we try to be "defensive minded", and slowed the offense down? We sucked. We're actually looking pretty good this year with the way we're playing. You can say that defense wins championships, but let's be honest here, we're not competing for a ring this year...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:24 PM   #20
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Have you seen the last few years where we try to be "defensive minded", and slowed the offense down? We sucked. We're actually looking pretty good this year with the way we're playing. You can say that defense wins championships, but let's be honest here, we're not competing for a ring this year...
i agree...thats why i added, JO said that the pacers goal is to just make the playoffs this year...with their last 17 games, the pacers are 11-6, they look pretty good to make the playoffs
Old 12-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #21
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
i agree...thats why i added, JO said that the pacers goal is to just make the playoffs this year...with their last 17 games, the pacers are 11-6, they look pretty good to make the playoffs

I know I din't read that part til after I posted it for some reason...
Old 12-21-2007, 04:05 AM   #22
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I know I din't read that part til after I posted it for some reason...

must have been the smoke floating in front of your cpu screen. a "smoke screen" if u will.
Old 12-21-2007, 11:35 AM   #23
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
must have been the smoke floating in front of your cpu screen. a "smoke screen" if u will.
MY EYES!!! THEY BURN!!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 03:08 PM   #24
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
MY EYES!!! THEY BURN!!!!

don't forget about your lungs. nah, i'm kidding w/ all this stuff. the joke is probably getting old by now.
Old 12-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #25
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Though Indiana's offense leads the East, the defense is at the bottom of the conference.... straight from pacers.com
Old 12-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #26
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

We're the mini-Suns of the Eastern Conference.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:42 PM   #27
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
We're the mini-Suns of the Eastern Conference.

just that we are much worse. haha if we want to play like them (aka not great defense), we need to get better at the offensive end. We need to do more stuff then just shooting the ball. Also Tinsley need to be more nash-like, he needs to controle the offense more and pass the ball better.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 04:03 PM   #28
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time
just that we are much worse. haha if we want to play like them (aka not great defense), we need to get better at the offensive end. We need to do more stuff then just shooting the ball. Also Tinsley need to be more nash-like, he needs to controle the offense more and pass the ball better.

true. we still settle for jumpers when there is plenty of time left on the clock (tinsley and daniels come to mind). o'neal needs to score in the post more to get a better shot selection instead of taking his favored jumpers.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: