Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #16
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Should we read anything into Boston's three loses coming to Det, Orl, and Cleve?

The celtics lost to detroit last night....it was a great game...both teams are very good...There is nothing to read into.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:09 PM   #17
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Should we read anything into Boston's three loses coming to Det, Orl, and Cleve?

One thing I'm concerned about is the Celtics don't play enough close game they have played about 5 all year (2-3). I think that might have some effect on late game situations this team is only a month and a half into this so it might take some time but there is definitely issues beneath the surface.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:40 PM   #18
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by embersyc
TD Banknorth Garden
damn it!

well, i'm glad i left new england when i did anyway. no td banknorth bullsh!t for my spending pleasure. back in my day you paid $30 bucks to go to the hot-as-hell garden and sit behind a pole, and that's the way it was, and we liked it!
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:42 PM   #19
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
damn it!

well, i'm glad i left new england when i did anyway. no td banknorth bullsh!t for my spending pleasure. back in my day you paid $30 bucks to go to the hot-as-hell garden and sit behind a pole, and that's the way it was, and we liked it!
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:45 PM   #20
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i think i figured this out. follow my logic if you dare:

it's harder to win against good teams than lousy teams. so, when the celtics play against good teams, they have a a better chance of losing than when they play against lousy teams. therefore giving the same effort / playing the same style against a good team that you do against a lousy team might give you a 2 point loss instead of a 12 point victory. hence, boston will have to learn how to play better if they want to defeat good teams regularly.

conclusion:

oh, the horrible shame of it all! all proud boston fans should stand outside the (what is it now? the fleet center? god i miss the garden) and chant about firing doc and ainge.

do i get a gold star?
The premise of your entire post is ridiculous and each of your points could be shot down in seconds, were they even worthy of garnering that sort of attention.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:46 PM   #21
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

I think he is being sarcastic or something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
The premise of your entire post is ridiculous and each of your points could be shot down in seconds, were they even worthy of garnering that sort of attention.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #22
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
so, no gold star?
Old 12-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
so, no gold star?
Damnit. This happens every time. How can I turn you down with those cute, puppy-dog, ummm... avatars...?

Here ya go.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:07 PM   #24
Valliant13
NBA lottery pick

Valliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat coolValliant13 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
In a 7 game series the only team that MIGHT give the Celtics trouble will be the Pistons. There's no way this Celtics team loses to the Cavs in the playoffs.

I would give Orlando at least an even chance against them in 7 game series.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:15 PM   #25
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote:
Damnit. This happens every time. How can I turn you down with those cute, puppy-dog, ummm... avatars...?

Here ya go.

i'm printing this out and pasting it on my converse!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:17 PM   #26
RidonKs
NBA Legend

Coolest cat on the playground, here I come!
Old 12-20-2007, 01:25 PM   #27
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

You can definently read something into it:

Boston is a top tier team but not on a wholly different level, as some might have been thinking.

I still like them to win the chip, however.
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:47 PM   #28
elz
Dylan spits hot fire!

elz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
None of the big 3 has ever won anything, so one thing the Celt's need to learn to do is win.

U Can't be serious

Im going to dead this issue right now

Celtics are getting every teams A game cuz there's a big bullseye on our back from all the media attention. Teams aren't trying to have good games against the Celtics, they're trying to prove something against the Celtic's!
Personally teams are more amped to beat us than the defending champs.
It is literally taking those teams best efforts to beat this team.
That says volumes when those teams can barely beat a team that's only played 23 games together and has room for improvement. Chauncey said after the game the Celtics are a tough team.
We lost, kudos props to the pistons, but we coulda play'd better IMO we should have won. Both Lebron and chauncey had to have huge games to pull it off.
How do you knock the Celtic's for that.
If we got blown out this would be a valid argument instead, it should be a way to measure that we do stack up to the elite teams in the league its just a matter of where to rank us.

Last edited by elz : 12-20-2007 at 01:50 PM.
elz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:50 PM   #29
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

It's not a big deal. Now, if Boston continues losing to the top teams throughout the season then yes, it would be a cause for concern.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:23 PM   #30
I'm Sorry, Guys!
Banned

I'm Sorry, Guys! has an OK reputation so far

It's amazing how an easy schedule and early season winning streak can instill a sense of entitlement in certain fanbases.

Memo to all Boston fans and bandwagoners alike, me as a Cleveland fan is not afraid or in awe of your team. And coming off last night's game, I sense Piston fans feel the same way. Your team is not nearly as good as you or others make you out to be. You will likely win 55-59 games during the regular season only to falter in the second or ECF round of the playoffs.

Here's my honest to goodnes breakdown of your team:

*No real toughness

*No crunchtime playmakers

*Over a 7 game series, KG will get worn down as Boston's bigmen are putrid, especially when gven the opportunity to gameplan for them.

*Obvious lack of playmaking depth off the bench. No way you can count on Posey to supply consistent minutes in any given series

*I also see the possibility for frustrations to develop between the "Big 3" during crunchtime. Only thing that may prevent this is KG's constant passiveness in the clutch

*Lack of dominant rebounding. KG is on the decline and this area is Exhibit A on why that's the case

*Doc Rivers? I don't see the problem with him so much as I belive no coach could get this team to win a ring. They're just a bad fit

*AND THE BIGGEST FLAW OF ALL...they play tight in the clutch. No cohesiveness on the floor when sh*t gets close in the final minutes. It just seems Pierce and Allen try to rely on their individual talents and pound the damn ball at the top of the key while KG becomes the a 21 million dollar designated screen man. This scheme wouldn't be all that bad if they didn't try and play all selfless and sh*t for the first 3 1/2 quarters .

There you go...a detailed analysis of this current version of the Boston Celtics. They're a nice team who's early season success is only setting up their rapid fanbase for complete devastation during the early exit out the playoffs.

Sorry, Celtics fans.
I'm Sorry, Guys! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: