Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #31
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Should we read anything into Boston's three loses coming to Det, Orl, and Cleve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Sorry, Guys!
It's amazing how an easy schedule and early season winning streak can instill a sense of entitlement in certain fanbases.

Memo to all Boston fans and bandwagoners alike, me as a Cleveland fan is not afraid or in awe of your team. And coming off last night's game, I sense Piston fans feel the same way. Your team is not nearly as good as you or others make you out to be. You will likely win 55-59 games during the regular season only to falter in the second or ECF round of the playoffs.

Here's my honest to goodnes breakdown of your team:

*No real toughness

*No crunchtime playmakers

*Over a 7 game series, KG will get worn down as Boston's bigmen are putrid, especially when gven the opportunity to gameplan for them.

*Obvious lack of playmaking depth off the bench. No way you can count on Posey to supply consistent minutes in any given series

*I also see the possibility for frustrations to develop between the "Big 3" during crunchtime. Only thing that may prevent this is KG's constant passiveness in the clutch

*Lack of dominant rebounding. KG is on the decline and this area is Exhibit A on why that's the case

*Doc Rivers? I don't see the problem with him so much as I belive no coach could get this team to win a ring. They're just a bad fit

*AND THE BIGGEST FLAW OF ALL...they play tight in the clutch. No cohesiveness on the floor when sh*t gets close in the final minutes. It just seems Pierce and Allen try to rely on their individual talents and pound the damn ball at the top of the key while KG becomes the a 21 million dollar designated screen man. This scheme wouldn't be all that bad if they didn't try and play all selfless and sh*t for the first 3 1/2 quarters .

There you go...a detailed analysis of this current version of the Boston Celtics. They're a nice team who's early season success is only setting up their rapid fanbase for complete devastation during the early exit out the playoffs.

Sorry, Celtics fans.

You win, Cleveland is clearly superior.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:31 PM   #32
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Should we read anything into Boston's three loses coming to Det, Orl, and Cleve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopslife
So they just happened to have off nights against the 3 best teams in the East (not including Boston). Wow, what a coincidence.

Cleveland is a top team in the East?

With a losing record?

That makes sense.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:35 PM   #33
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
Cleveland is a top team in the East?

With a losing record?

That makes sense.
I'd say it makes more sense than writing off the Cs for losing three games (with each loss coming down to the final seconds). The standard is pretty low around here.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #34
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

To be honest, give Cleveland the same sort of schedule that Boston has had this season and they'd still be the poorer team by far. Cleaveland just got done losing to the Knicks last night, and it was an embarrassment. They are certainly one of the major disappointments this season and they likely won't be making it past the second round this year... chances are, they may not make it out of the first round given who they play...
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:13 PM   #35
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Celtics fans need to come to terms. Boston has like 3 quality wins this season. Lakers, Cleveland, Denver. They've had the 2nd easiest schedule in the league matter of fact: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nba0708.htm
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #36
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Celtics fans need to come to terms. Boston has like 3 quality wins this season. Lakers, Cleveland, Denver. They've had the 2nd easiest schedule in the league matter of fact: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/nba0708.htm

Not to mention that all our losses were close, that we haven't just beat the mediocre teams... we've blown them out, and that we handily beat the three teams you mentioned... especially LA and Denver...
Old 12-20-2007, 06:23 PM   #37
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
Not to mention that all our losses were close, that we haven't just beat the mediocre teams... we've blown them out, and that we handily beat the three teams you mentioned... especially LA and Denver...

Plenty of your wins have been close too, not to mention the Denver and LA wins were at home.
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:04 PM   #38
I'm Sorry, Guys!
Banned

I'm Sorry, Guys! has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
To be honest, give Cleveland the same sort of schedule that Boston has had this season and they'd still be the poorer team by far. Cleaveland just got done losing to the Knicks last night, and it was an embarrassment. They are certainly one of the major disappointments this season and they likely won't be making it past the second round this year... chances are, they may not make it out of the first round given who they play...
So what are you saying?

Cleveland has dealt with holdouts, injuries to their best player, and a far more difficult schedule.

What has Boston dealt with?
I'm Sorry, Guys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:07 PM   #39
I'm Sorry, Guys!
Banned

I'm Sorry, Guys! has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
You handily beat a Cleveland team w/o LeBron?

Wow.

Secondly if the Cavs continue to be play like a disappointment (that's what you say), then they'll probably face Boston in the first round. You really don't want that, do you?

I got money on Cleveland in 6.
I'm Sorry, Guys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:21 PM   #40
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Celtics are 20 and three you don't win 20 games by being mediocre.. you don't win 20 games out of 23 unless your elite... right now they have the best record in the league and show no signs of slowing down...

anyone trying to make their bones by saying the celtics are not worthy of their record doesn't know anything about basketball or sports in general or they are just tring to further a private agenda

this thread is as bad as a pleeze believe post

btw they have not had the easiest schedule that belongs to the
clipper 9-15
sonics 7-19

the celtics have played 14th hardest schedule
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #41
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliteballer
Plenty of your wins have been close too, not to mention the Denver and LA wins were at home.

16 of our 23 games have been won by 10 or more points. Only 4 were won by less than 10 points, and one of those 4 was won by 9 points... So of all of the games we've won, 80% of them have been by 10 points or more. So define "plenty," because 4 out of twenty games won is not "plenty."

In the Denver game, we were up by 40 at various points... We won by 26 with Pierce, Garnett and Allen finding time to sit on the bench and chill. We dominated the Laker game as well. I hope you're not implying that homecourt was the reason we won those games.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:44 PM   #42
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

AI Nuggets3 has an OK reputation so far

too early to read into anything.

Cleveland beat Boston
Denver beat Cleveland by 20 something
Boston beat Denver by 20 something

how do you read into something like that? you cant.
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:45 PM   #43
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
You handily beat a Cleveland team w/o LeBron?

Wow.

Secondly if the Cavs continue to be play like a disappointment (that's what you say), then they'll probably face Boston in the first round. You really don't want that, do you?

I got money on Cleveland in 6.

I'd love to see the Cavs in the first round. Sure hope they put up more of a fight than they did against the Spurs last year. If anything, it's be an easy pass to the second round... Almost like a first round bye for the Celts... As it stands, a Knicks/Cavs playoff series would be more competitive.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:48 PM   #44
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
So what are you saying?

Cleveland has dealt with holdouts, injuries to their best player, and a far more difficult schedule.

What has Boston dealt with?

Completely new roster, a supposedly sucky bench, injury to one of the big three... This won't be settled right now... We'll see you in the playoffs... I hope you guys make it.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #45
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

Heck no. It was only 3 loses. And if you look at it deeply, those loses were close games. If anything, it shows me that Boston is going to be a scary team in the East to deal with and teams on the West better look out as well.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: