Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2007, 12:41 PM   #16
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: More likely to miss the playoffs: Rockets or Jazz?

Post #3...the Rox won't make the playoffs.

Though with how the Rox, Nugz and Jazz are playing lately, it seems that NONE of them want to make the playoffs.

:-\

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Optimus Prime, what team are you claiming?
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:41 PM   #17
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
Post #3...the Rox won't make the playoffs.

Though with how the Rox, Nugz and Jazz are playing lately, it seems that NONE of them want to make the playoffs.

:-\
I meant as your favorite team.

People like you are so sad. Seems like you're always posting about how you hate this team or that team (usually the Rockets). I've never understood that. I don't go on college football message boards and post about how much I hate LSU or Ole Miss.

I've just never understood the appeal in constantly hating om someone/some team. I just makes you look really bad. It's annoying also.

But oh well.........I guess that's how you roll.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:42 PM   #18
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

You must not have been here for the silliness that was this past offseason.

It's all good.

Quote:
I meant as your favorite team.

People like you are so sad. Seems like you're always posting about how you hate this team or that team (usually the Rockets). I've never understood that. I don't go on college football message boards and post about how much I hate LSU or Ole Miss.

I've just never understood the appeal in constantly hating om someone/some team. I just makes you look really bad. It's annoying also.

But oh well.........I guess that's how you roll.
Old 12-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #19
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Rox are more likely to miss if you simply go by injury history of their two best players. I am really shocked they are not jiving with Rick better though... Perhaps a major shakeup in their roster is whats needed. I don't watch them enough on an individual basis to know what the problems are with them. Any Rox fans know what the deal is?
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:02 PM   #20
nashforprez
Local High School Star

nashforprez has an OK reputation so far

They both won't make the playoffs if they don't win another game, I'll tell you what, says the man who sounds like Forrest Gump.
nashforprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:08 PM   #21
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
You must not have been here for the silliness that was this past offseason.

It's all good.

What does that have to do with anything?
Old 12-20-2007, 04:11 PM   #22
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

The reason I trash the Rockets every chance I get is that the majority of Rockets' fans have a tendency to run their mouth and over hype their team to the moon, and then make endless amounts of excuses when the Rockets fall short (duh). It reached a fever pitch this past off season after they signed Stevie Franchise. Every other thread on the main page of the ISH forums was "ROCKETS ARE WINNING THE TITLE THIS YEAR".

If you think I am obnoxious, that was beyond obnoxious. I should probably back off though, since the Rockets' (predictably) sub par performance is proving my points better than I could ever write.

Quote:
What does that have to do with anything?
Old 12-20-2007, 04:17 PM   #23
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Since most had the Rockets and Jazz ranked higher than the Lakers at the start of the season, who now think the Lakers will finish with a better record than the Rockets and/or the Jazz?

Last edited by vert48 : 12-20-2007 at 04:33 PM.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #24
fatboy11

Quote:
The reason I trash the Rockets every chance I get is that the majority of Rockets' fans have a tendency to run their mouth and over hype their team to the moon, and then make endless amounts of excuses when the Rockets fall short (duh). It reached a fever pitch this past off season after they signed Stevie Franchise. Every other thread on the main page of the ISH forums was "ROCKETS ARE WINNING THE TITLE THIS YEAR".

If you think I am obnoxious, that was beyond obnoxious. I should probably back off though, since the Rockets' (predictably) sub par performance is proving my points better than I could ever write.
I predicted us to go the conference finals, but I have no excuses right now. We just suck. Mac is a puss. Yao can't carry us where we need to go without help. Scola is a bust right now (still early, though). Where is Aaron Brooks? Rafer Alston is still on the team.....

I could go on. I knew it would be hit or miss with us and obviously, as of right now, it's a big fat miss because we just plain suck. I don't think anyone thought we would be this bad, but we are.

There's still time, but even then, I don't think we do much damage this year. We don't have a #1 type guy. Mac has the talent and tools, but not the heart and head.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #25
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Since most had the Rockets and Jazz ranked higher than the Lakers at the start of the season, who now think the Lakers will finish with a better record the the Rockets and/or the Jazz?
I do.

I knew the Jazz wouldn't be as good as last year, but I didn't think they would suck as bad as they do. We still suck more, though.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:19 PM   #26
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

See, you're a reasonable Rockets' fan, so it's all good.

Most Rox fans, however, have the Beer Goggles plastered to their faces...

Quote:
I predicted us to go the conference finals, but I have no excuses right now. We just suck. Mac is a puss. Yao can't carry us where we need to go without help. Scola is a bust right now (still early, though). Where is Aaron Brooks? Rafer Alston is still on the team.....

I could go on. I knew it would be hit or miss with us and obviously, as of right now, it's a big fat miss because we just plain suck. I don't think anyone thought we would be this bad, but we are.

There's still time, but even then, I don't think we do much damage this year. We don't have a #1 type guy. Mac has the talent and tools, but not the heart and head.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:41 PM   #27
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
Since most had the Rockets and Jazz ranked higher than the Lakers at the start of the season, who now think the Lakers will finish with a better record than the Rockets and/or the Jazz?

Wont happen, Utah just needs some home cookin, these lost 8 of the last 9.
7 of them have been on a the road. The Jazz will get it going again once they have a home stretch which I believe is in Janurary. Still think the team needs to make a trade.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:44 PM   #28
iscariot
I airball my layups

iscariot has an OK reputation so far

As much as I love the Jazz, if they continue to play as soft as they are currently, then they'll be lucky to secure 35 wins [slight exaggeration].

Last year the Jazz were the #1 offensive rebounding team in the League IIRC
this year??? Defensively they're not much better. Furthermore, the amount of offensive rebounds they're conceding inside is ridiculous - the interior defnse has gone soft.

You can't blame Slaon for this, specifically, while other accusations may be able to be levelled at the man, the failure of his big men to block the lane and cover up defensively is not his fault. Slaon has his faults, but being a poor defensive coach is not one of them.
iscariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 08:50 PM   #29
JellyBean
College superstar

JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here

I am betting on the Rockets to fold. They are starting to crack already....20 some games into the season. Man, I was hoping that theRockets would contend for at least the 4th or 5th seed in the Western Conference this year. Dang!
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #30
hito da god
look that way >>>>

hito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected posterhito da god is a pretty well-respected poster

rockets are more likely to miss. mcgrady and yao aren't mentally tough enough to dig their team out of a hole [assuming it gets deep enough, of course]
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: