Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 07-29-2006, 11:14 AM   #1
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far
Default Knicks Sign Jared Jeffries to Offer Sheet

me personaly i dont like this move. the knicks got mad 3-4's. david lee should get more minutes and renaldo balkman can be very valuable. and u got jalen rose and q. the knicks dont really need him like that. yea he can play defense but we got so many guys at his position. and if he comes here u takin minutes away from david lee. and personaly i like david lee over jeffries.
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

we signed him to an offer sheet 5 years 30 mil. the wiz are expected to match it 6 year 33 mil. idk what he'll accept but i dont know if i really want him. id rather balkman be the 1st sf off the becnh and q starting than jeffries starting and q comin off the bench.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:46 PM   #3
brooklynchild155
High School Varsity 6th Man

brooklynchild155 has an OK reputation so far

i agree
brooklynchild155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #4
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynchild155
me personaly i dont like this move. the knicks got mad 3-4's. david lee should get more minutes and renaldo balkman can be very valuable. and u got jalen rose and q. the knicks dont really need him like that. yea he can play defense but we got so many guys at his position. and if he comes here u takin minutes away from david lee. and personaly i like david lee over jeffries.
I agree. My starting five would be marbury, crawford, lee at sf, frye at pf, curry at center. Plase trade francis isiah. lil nate and balkman would be first off the bench. waive jerome james. just play small if curry can't go at least 30 min a night. thats good for about 45 wins if they can play together
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:00 PM   #5
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

this is yet another stupid move. If we wanted him, we shouldve traded for him last year when the Wiz wanted Q. I dont see how adding another roll player is gonna help the team. Yet again it Isiah Thomas making the moves so that explains it all/
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:01 PM   #6
SuperboyXX0018
Banned

SuperboyXX0018 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjswifty
this is yet another stupid move. If we wanted him, we shouldve traded for him last year when the Wiz wanted Q. I dont see how adding another roll player is gonna help the team. Yet again it Isiah Thomas making the moves so that explains it all/

That was a false rumor.
SuperboyXX0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:38 AM   #7
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

It just amazes me that the Knicks can continue to add salary.

I just cannot understand with all the rules how they can be so above the salary cap.

Isiah seems to have a case of the 'grass is greener on the other side'. As does Jared Jeffries. Why does Isiah work with the players he has?

What a salary cap mess!

Jefferies has potential like all their players but to sign another guy at a big contract does not seem to make any sense considering how far above the cap they are already. And they already have a bunch of players at the positions he plays.

They will have to make some trades and but with some of the guys they have who would want them.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:44 AM   #8
HKSVIP
I hit open layups

HKSVIP has an OK reputation so far

trade q although i like him to a team that is willing to take him or is in need of a sg/sf for a blocking backup big man.
HKSVIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 02:44 PM   #9
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

We should trade Q in a sign and trade for big man Jeff Foster.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:44 PM   #10
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

no way.
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:35 PM   #11
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Are you stupid? that trade would do wonders for you
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:51 PM   #12
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Skywalker I Know What You Mean, Its Just We Need To Chill Out With The Moves, After We Sign Jj I Think We Are Good For The Off Season
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 04:21 PM   #13
bigdog13
High School JV MVP

bigdog13 has not been impressing people
Default Wizards to match

It sounds like from mulitple sources that the Wiz will match the offer sheet signed by Jared Jefferies.
bigdog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2006, 10:04 PM   #14
ittybitty814
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ittybitty814 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog13
It sounds like from mulitple sources that the Wiz will match the offer sheet signed by Jared Jefferies.

thank god
ittybitty814 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: