Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-17-2007, 01:31 AM   #1
grimreaper1377
Local High School Star

grimreaper1377 has an OK reputation so far
Default Sell 360 to get PS3?

I have a Xbox 360 and a Wii. Because of the price drop of the PS3, I'm seriously considering selling my 360 to get a PS3. The only real game that 360 has is Halo. But that's over, and I'm already basically tired of Halo 3. PS3 also has a Blu-Ray player, and with the usual better graphics and stuff.

Any thoughts or opinions?

BTW - I also have around $150 in gift cards for Best Buy, so I would lose little to no money.
grimreaper1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:15 AM   #2
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Sell 360 to get PS3?

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimreaper1377
I have a Xbox 360 and a Wii. Because of the price drop of the PS3, I'm seriously considering selling my 360 to get a PS3. The only real game that 360 has is Halo. But that's over, and I'm already basically tired of Halo 3. PS3 also has a Blu-Ray player, and with the usual better graphics and stuff.

BTW - I also have around $150 in gift cards for Best Buy, so I would lose little to no money.
Dude you smokin?

On all the games out so far the 360 has had clearly better graphics...

Have you tried Bio-Shock COD4 Mass Effect????
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:32 AM   #3
dorellcookwade
I brick open layups

dorellcookwade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Are you serious? 360 has way more games, and better ones, and to me, the graphics look better than PS3's.
dorellcookwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:17 AM   #4
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

PS3 is the biggest flop in the history of consoles, Playstation 2 is STILL outselling playstation 3, the console is a ripoff.

X-Box360 on the other hand is a great buy, tons of good games, if you don't have a good PC gaming rig the x-box360 is vital, especially if you want to play sportsgames. 2k8 All Pro Football is a great example, supposed to be the best football game in the past 10 years.

Seriously, don't get the PS3, when I saw this thread I thought it was a joke, despite the PS3 having uglier graphics, it will chug any time there's more than 4 things on the screen. It is amazingly bad.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
Hotbullets
High School Varsity 6th Man

Hotbullets has an OK reputation so far

I did the exact opposite, sold my PS3 for a Xbox360 and it was one of the best decisions I've made in my entire life. Seriously, the online experience on the Xbox is impeccable (haven't had any issues thusfar) and the number of good games is way bigger. Graphics schmaphics, don't really care about that, they both look good anyways. I used to be a Sony fanboy, but they seriously disappointed me there.
Hotbullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:25 AM   #6
apriorist
High School Starter

apriorist has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

If you're going to sell your 360 for a PS3, at least wait a year or so when the PS3 has more games out and the price drops.
apriorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:36 AM   #7
FashionIssues
Smooth Operator

FashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterFashionIssues is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

don't kid yourselves fellas. sony owns. the track record is there. been doing it since ps1. understand the ps3 is barely a year old in the market. the games will come, and they will come. why make a console with no games? they have the same contracts, same exclusives. patience is virtue.

still haven't mentioned the blu-ray player, the best dvd format out there.

ps3 > 360
FashionIssues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #8
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

When PS3 dominates 2008, people will wish they didn't hate on Sony. People make it seem like PS3 is in "it's prime" and it's this bad. It hasn't even begun to show what it can truly do.

It's only a matter of time.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #9
applejoe
Decent playground baller

applejoe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
When PS3 dominates 2008, people will wish they didn't hate on Sony. People make it seem like PS3 is in "it's prime" and it's this bad. It hasn't even begun to show what it can truly do.

Short answer: Don't get the PS3 yet. Wait for it the price to drop and more games to come out
applejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 02:34 PM   #10
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
The only real game that 360 has is Halo.

change your name to grimtoker1377. 360 has some great games. i get so sick of hearing about halo.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:14 AM   #11
grimreaper1377
Local High School Star

grimreaper1377 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
change your name to grimtoker1377. 360 has some great games. i get so sick of hearing about halo.

I meant 360 only.
grimreaper1377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:23 AM   #12
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6

lol this is the here and now. I've been playing amazing 360 games since nov 05 hahaha. So just keep waiting.... I'll keep ballin out.

That being said if GTA 4 and other dual releaser's or PS3 exclusives are hot I'll snag a PS3....
Old 12-18-2007, 12:45 AM   #13
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

I'm very happy getting an Xbox 360. Only had it for a couple weeks but really enjoying it.

Did you know that HD for Xbox 360 has the same quality as Blueray for PS3? This has been reported in tech reviews and is a fact. I don't know why people still think PS3 has better quality when it doesn't.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 01:03 AM   #14
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldridge Fan
I'm very happy getting an Xbox 360. Only had it for a couple weeks but really enjoying it.

Did you know that HD for Xbox 360 has the same quality as Blueray for PS3? This has been reported in tech reviews and is a fact. I don't know why people still think PS3 has better quality when it doesn't.
No it doesn't

PS3 supports HDMI 1.3 with true color support.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:52 AM   #15
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by FashionIssues
don't kid yourselves fellas. sony owns. the track record is there. been doing it since ps1. understand the ps3 is barely a year old in the market. the games will come, and they will come. why make a console with no games? they have the same contracts, same exclusives. patience is virtue.

still haven't mentioned the blu-ray player, the best dvd format out there.

ps3 > 360
Nintendo had a track record too before they came out with a POS N64. You never know what happens a year later but Sony's clearly got an uphill battle.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: