Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2007, 01:39 PM   #1
BBallBeatwriter
Decent playground baller

BBallBeatwriter has no real reputation yet.
Default What Chauncey did last night was genious

Deliberately saving the mismatch post-up on Rondo, knowing the C's don't have another true PG, until the 4th Q was brilliant. While he could have exploited this mismatch in the first three Q's, he waited till the 4th to see how the C's would react. Anybody else agree?
BBallBeatwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:45 PM   #2
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: What Chauncey did last night was genious

Couldn't agree more. Chaunceys court savvy is amazing. I didn't watch the match myself but he uses his strength against smaller/weaker point so effectively. With the added bonus of his sick jumper, he doesn't overdo it with the posting up either, meaning he can pick and choose his offense whenever he sees fit.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #3
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has decent reputation

Yes, Mr. Big Shot used his veteran savvy out outwit Boston's young PGs.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

What was genius was playing that clown Tony Allen for the chump he was.

This loss is on Pierce and Tony's hands.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #5
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is a win on Billups' hands; took Boston two lucky 3's to get it tied.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #6
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

genius

This is the only word I'd ever correct for obvious reasons.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:20 PM   #7
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I think it's more like "Tony Allen is ****ing retarded, honestly, hasn't he played basketball before?"
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #8
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

not a new move for billups. i think barry called in the first quarter that billups would go into isolation in the fourth. he is terrific though.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:24 PM   #9
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Can something be genius when everyone knows its coming?

Side Note: I really hate the pump fake and jump into the defender to go to the line. It's annoying as hell and I hate when it decides a game.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #10
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
This is a win on Billups' hands; took Boston two lucky 3's to get it tied.
that's what i was thinking while i watched. that three (which was a 2) fading to the corner that ray hit was unreal. but then he came back and nailed the straightaway, and i decided that i've just never had ray allen on my team, and i was going to have to get used to relying on ridiculous shots that will actually go down more often than not in crunch time (see game winners in toronto and charlotte).
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #11
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Side Note: I really hate the pump fake and jump into the defender to go to the line. It's annoying as hell and I hate when it decides a game.

You might hate it, but it is a foul in certain situations. Obviously if a defender jumps straight up and the offensive player jumps into the defender for contact it shouldn't be a foul (i've seen it called a foul, though)

That's when I believe it gets "annoying."

However, when the defender jumps in a forward motion towards the offensive player, and the offensive player jumps into the defender for a shot and gets bumped, it should be called a foul every single time. It's giving the defender a pass for being overly aggresive.

Last edited by Carbine : 12-20-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #12
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
However, when the defender jumps in a forward motion towards the offensive player, and the offensive player jumps into the defender for a shot and gets bumped, it should be called a foul every single time. It's giving the defender a pass for being overly aggresive.
I'm not into penalizing guys for being over-aggressive if there wasn't going to be contact.

If the faked out defender is going to land on the guy then yes call the foul. If the shooter has to move forward for the contact to happen then "no call" it.
Old 12-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #13
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

I posted in an earlier thread that the best thing the C's got out of this loss was that they have been exposed at the pg position. No way they win a 7 game series against a good pg. It also shows how important it is to have a point forward available when there are mismatches. If the C's do not add depth at the point, they will not win the championship.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 02:46 PM   #14
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
You might hate it, but it is a foul in certain situations. Obviously if a defender jumps straight up and the offensive player jumps into the defender for contact it shouldn't be a foul (i've seen it called a foul, though)

That's when I believe it gets "annoying."

I disagree. If the defender is already in the air, the foul should be on the offensive player, since they made the decision to jump into space that was already taken by the defender. One of the worst things about the pro game.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 03:00 PM   #15
Da KO King

Quote:
Originally Posted by vert48
I disagree. If the defender is already in the air, the foul should be on the offensive player, since they made the decision to jump into space that was already taken by the defender. One of the worst things about the pro game.
At least someone feels my pain.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: