Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2007, 04:31 PM   #31
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board
Default Re: BORIS DIAW on the Block......

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
It's not about you...its about others. All you're telling me is you wasnt one of the ones still riding the Boris Diaw high. But dont act like it didnt exist this time last season
I defended him to the death last year, but this year I can't do it. It sucks to see a guy who could be one of the more versatile role players in the league waste it on being lazy and careless.

He'll be impossible to trade.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #32
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
I honestly think Diaw would do better on a different team.

You got it backwards. The only reason Diaw had a productive season is because he was playing on the Suns.

He is a pansy with a joke of a contract. I knew the Suns were making a huge mistake signing him to that deal. When he was with the Hawks i couldn't stand him. I would have traded him for a box of Krispy Kremes. He was horrible.

It was pretty funny seeing people hype him so much after his first year there. now his true colors are showing.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #33
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

He got paid, baby. Just like Big Ben Wallet.
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:36 PM   #34
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Eddy Curry for Boris Diaw
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #35
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Allstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation hereAllstar24 has an incredible reputation here

Nobody wants him.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:45 PM   #36
Optimus Prime
Swaggy

Optimus Prime has an OK reputation so far

Oh boy. E-City in the Run and Gun. I wonder how long it would take for E-City to get in a fist fight...with his own teammates.

:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk
Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:56 PM   #37
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

I tried this trade on ESPN trade machine, but the contracts didn't match up. Off by about 2 million.

Spurs give:
Francisco Elson - an athletic big man that would be good for the Suns frontcourt depth. runs the floor like the best of 'em.
Brent Barry - money from beyond the arch. Getting old, but his shooting is worth a spot off the bench.

Suns give:
Boris Diaw - could fit with the Spurs, might be that long 3 they need.
Marcus Banks - could be that backup the Spurs are looking for, so they can dump vaughn and/or washington.

Eh, it was the first (Spurs related) trade I could think of... I doubt the Spurs would even do it, as both Elson and Barry are expirers. And, Diaw's contract, though I like him as a player, is pretty bad.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:06 PM   #38
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA sixth man of the year

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
I tried this trade on ESPN trade machine, but the contracts didn't match up. Off by about 2 million.

Spurs give:
Francisco Elson - an athletic big man that would be good for the Suns frontcourt depth. runs the floor like the best of 'em.
Brent Barry - money from beyond the arch. Getting old, but his shooting is worth a spot off the bench.

Suns give:
Boris Diaw - could fit with the Spurs, might be that long 3 they need.
Marcus Banks - could be that backup the Spurs are looking for, so they can dump vaughn and/or washington.

Eh, it was the first (Spurs related) trade I could think of... I doubt the Spurs would even do it, as both Elson and Barry are expirers. And, Diaw's contract, though I like him as a player, is pretty bad.

why would the suns do it??? they are giving 2 role players to a team that they want to beat in the playoffs
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:43 PM   #39
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

You could just as easily say, "why would the Spurs do it???"... But, I think it would be a fairly even trade at the end of the day.

Elson and Barry will help the Suns too you know. They need more big men, imo, and Elson is one of the more athletic bigs in the league (not that athleticism makes him great or anything, but it plays into the Suns' overall scheme of running and gunning). Brent Barry is shooing exactly 50% from the field right now and 100% from FT, and Suns tend to utilize shooters pretty well (Johnson, Richardson, House, Bell, Barbosa, etc). Not to mention, both players come off the books at the end of the season, whereas Diaw and Banks each have 4 more years.

Neither Banks or Diaw are playing that well right now, so they may be role players, but they're not great ones. They wouldn't "put the Spurs over the top", nor would Elson and Barry for Phoenix. Banks is shooting 38.9% from the field and 66.7% from the FT line, Spurs aren't exactly getting an amazing player here. Even when Banks was getting 30 mpg in MIN and putting up decent numbers, I didn't think he was an above-average PG or would ever become one... but he is a servicable backup. Diaw on the other hand I think still has some upside left in him. I'm sure it's hard to shine with Nash, Amare, Marion, Barbosa, etc all playing so well.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #40
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valliant13
Thats like saying if you take away the offensive aspects of his game Steve Nash and Smush Parker are essentially the same player. True, but such a manipulated comparison it has little validity.

And Kirlenko can, and does, play above the rim.
I think it's far more valid than your analogy. Both have near identical (from what I've seen) offensive styles and skillsets.

Reason this one is more valid is because offensive styles differ far more than defensive styles do. Or at least, different offensive patterns are more noticeable than those on defense.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 05:54 PM   #41
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

the obvious and perfect trade:
Diaw & Skinner
for
Big Ben Wallace

...Phoenix needs a real legit center who will focus on boards and D

Bulls can then move Diaw or one of the other guys for the appropriate piece.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 06:37 PM   #42
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

I want him.

badly.

I'm not sure what we'd trade... but I want him on the Wizards. he'd work out well here. we need a smart glue guy.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:03 PM   #43
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNdLe ThE RoCk

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Decent player with a bad contract = Knicks bait.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #44
herschel4heisman
I airball my layups

herschel4heisman has decent reputation

This is why he was traded by the Hawks. The Suns got bamboozled into signing Diaw to that long contract . . . Anybody who wants Diaw on their team hasn't seen him play on a game to game basis . . . The man has undeniable talent and skill but a 13 year old JV benchwarmer has more heart and passion than Diaw. I remember one game, when he was with the Hawks, when he received a pass under the rim and all he had to do was dunk it but he decided to nonchalantly lay it off the backboard and he missed it twice. After the other team got the rebound he just strolled down the court like he didn't have a care in the world . . .Skill/talent without passion/drive equals a player who will always be tempting but ultimately disappointing
herschel4heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #45
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If the Suns could trade Diaw/Banks to the Cavs for Gooden/Jones I would do it in a second. Trading him to the Spurs would never happen though. You can't trade rotation players to someone you are potentially gonna play in the conference finals...Not even if it helps finances.

Anyways I really doubt the Suns trade Diaw unless Kerr is really fed up with him. D'Antoni has a man crush on him so no way he wants him traded.

But yah I would love for the Suns to get rid of him for any expiring contracts/draftpicks etc as long as that opens up more time for Skinner. If we trade him so we can start playing more small ball, I'll be pretty pissed.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: