Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
I'm Sorry, Guys!
Banned

I'm Sorry, Guys! has an OK reputation so far
Default Should we read anything into Boston's three loses coming to Det, Orl, and Cleve?

Undoubtedly the remaining three best teams in the East (when Cleveland is clicking), is Boston's 20-3 record everything it's made out to be?
I'm Sorry, Guys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:26 PM   #2
vert48
Can You?

vert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat coolvert48 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Should we read anything into Boston's three loses coming to Det, Orl, and Cleve?

None of the big 3 has ever won anything, so one thing the Celt's need to learn to do is win.
vert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:48 PM   #3
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board
Default Re: Should we read anything into Boston's three loses coming to Det, Orl, and Cleve?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Sorry, Guys!
Undoubtedly the remaining three best teams in the East (when Cleveland is clicking), is Boston's 20-3 record everything it's made out to be?

Lol, please don't remind everyone that Cleaveland is a sub 500 team.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
Put Back Dunk
TOMMY POINT!

Put Back Dunk has an OK reputation so far

If you just look at the bottom line then yes, you can come to the conclusion that Boston beats bad teams and loses to good teams.

However, when they lose to those good teams by such small margins while having a chance to win each of those games I don't think you should read into it that much.

Experince > Pure Talent. That's what you can take away from those losses.
Put Back Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:35 AM   #5
kgisbigticket
Banned

kgisbigticket has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Put Back Dunk
If you just look at the bottom line then yes, you can come to the conclusion that Boston beats bad teams and loses to good teams.

However, when they lose to those good teams by such small margins while having a chance to win each of those games I don't think you should read into it that much.

Experince > Pure Talent. That's what you can take away from those losses.

We beat Denver and the Lakers in our run as well as Toronto, Golden State and Washington.
kgisbigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #6
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbigticket
We beat Denver and the Lakers in our run as well as Toronto, Golden State and Washington.

And you also stole my avatar good job
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #7
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
And you also stole my avatar good job
lol that's the Holiday spirit in action
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:00 PM   #8
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far

I think what you can take from the three loses is simply, the Celtics have off nights. That's all I will say. Last night they lost only because the bench scored a whopping five points. If the bench puts up just ten more then the Celtics win.
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:04 PM   #9
hoopslife
I hit open 5-footers

hoopslife has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
I think what you can take from the three loses is simply, the Celtics have off nights. That's all I will say. Last night they lost only because the bench scored a whopping five points. If the bench puts up just ten more then the Celtics win.

So they just happened to have off nights against the 3 best teams in the East (not including Boston). Wow, what a coincidence.
hoopslife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:11 PM   #10
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!

dejordan has an OK reputation so far

i think i figured this out. follow my logic if you dare:

it's harder to win against good teams than lousy teams. so, when the celtics play against good teams, they have a a better chance of losing than when they play against lousy teams. therefore giving the same effort / playing the same style against a good team that you do against a lousy team might give you a 2 point loss instead of a 12 point victory. hence, boston will have to learn how to play better if they want to defeat good teams regularly.

conclusion:

oh, the horrible shame of it all! all proud boston fans should stand outside the (what is it now? the fleet center? god i miss the garden) and chant about firing doc and ainge.

do i get a gold star?
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:36 PM   #11
Real Men Wear Green
Your ad here

Real Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableReal Men Wear Green is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cleveland just lost to NY by 20. Should we read anything into that?
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:48 PM   #12
guy
NBA All-star

guy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation hereguy has an incredible reputation here

They have had a very easy schedule. They will beat good teams, but they will also lose to them. There still the best team in the NBA right now IMO, so I think they will win the championship, but they are not going to win 70 games and have a season like the 96 Bulls like so many are thinking.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:49 PM   #13
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

In a 7 game series the only team that MIGHT give the Celtics trouble will be the Pistons. There's no way this Celtics team loses to the Cavs in the playoffs.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #14
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation hereembersyc has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
fleet center

TD Banknorth Garden
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:52 PM   #15
I'm Sorry, Guys!
Banned

I'm Sorry, Guys! has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy
They have had a very easy schedule. They will beat good teams, but they will also lose to them. There still the best team in the NBA right now IMO, so I think they will win the championship, but they are not going to win 70 games and have a season like the 96 Bulls like so many are thinking.
, 70 games was never in question...where you'd get that from?

And how are they the best team in the NBA when all their loses just happen to be to the best teams in their own conference?

They are not the best team in the NBA. What they are though, is an unproven, yet quality, team that's off to a nice hot streak. Nothing more.
I'm Sorry, Guys! is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: