Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-20-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

Default Replace Kobe with Jordan on the Lakers starting in 1999 ...............

how many championships do they win?
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Default Re: Replace Kobe with Jordan on the Lakers in 1999...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbulls23
A whole lot thats all I can say. Jordan and Shaq together??? No explanation needed.
Mr_Basketball#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:22 AM   #3
kgisbigticket
Banned

Default Re: Replace Kobe with Jordan on the Lakers starting in 1999 ...............

Quote:

Stop it with all the MJ threads. Every thread you make is about MJ. We already know he is the GOAT, you don't need every thread to be about how good he is.
Their is a poster on another site name who is a big MJ fan as well, but he has never created a thread about him. He says he doesn't need to. And if you were secure that MJ was the greatest you wouldn't have to create a thread about him.
kgisbigticket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:27 AM   #4
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Replace Kobe with Jordan on the Lakers starting in 1999 ...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgisbigticket
Stop it with all the MJ threads. Every thread you make is about MJ. We already know he is the GOAT, you don't need every thread to be about how good he is.
Their is a poster on another site name who is a big MJ fan as well, but he has never created a thread about him. He says he doesn't need to. And if you were secure that MJ was the greatest you wouldn't have to create a thread about him.
You shouldn't be talking since you've been spamming the forum with your anti-Kobe threads.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #5
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24
You shouldn't be talking since you've been spamming the forum with your anti-Kobe threads.
Get use to that. He does it on every forum he joins. He steals sigs and avy's and makes dumb threads that he stole from another user from another site.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:29 AM   #6
kgisbigticket
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allstar24

Dude I created one thread about Kobe being replaced with guys in the league at the time and another one on how he and Vince Carter's numbers are virtually the same.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:30 AM   #7
kgisbigticket
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
Get use to that. He does it on every forum he joins. He steals sigs and avy's and makes dumb threads that he stole from another user from another site.

I make my own threads. You are the one who steals sigs and avy's just like the one you stole above from me.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:32 AM   #8
Mr_Basketball#1
McCants is Available!!

Quote:
I make my own threads. You are the one who steals sigs and avy's just like the one you stole above from me.
So you're saying I stole this Rondo avy???

You must be smoking on that killer.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:37 AM   #9
BIZARRO
Local High School Star

Quote:

I think if you replace him with Jordan in '99 you hypothetically could have won in '99-'04, before Mike got too old.

But I would say half of those years. So to answer, I would say 3.

If your question is to replace with the '89 Jordan in '99. I think they would still be winning them. In this scenario I would conservatively say 8, with this probably being one of the last years due to the decline of Shaq. This is assuming they would have been upset twice, etc. So yes to answer in that case, approximately 8.
BIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:40 AM   #10
kgisbigticket
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZARRO
I think if you replace him with Jordan in '99 you hypothetically could have won in '99-'04, before Mike got too old.

But I would say half of those years. So to answer, I would say 3.

If your question is to replace with the '89 Jordan in '99. I think they would still be winning them. In this scenario I would conservatively say 8, with this probably being one of the last years due to the decline of Shaq. This is assuming they would have been upset twice, etc. So yes to answer in that case, approximately 8.

Not sure about that, MJ never lost a playoffs series when having the better record and he didn't even have a dominant big man.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:44 AM   #11
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

This thread sucks.

All these "Replace X with Y in Z situation" threads suck.

Replace Starbury with Magic, Crawful with Jordan, Q-Rich with Bird, Z-Bo with Tim Duncan and E-City with Shaq, how many championships would the Knicks win?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!111oneoneoneoneoneeleven111!!! ! ZOMG!!!!!!!!!111111one

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #12
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

By the way, a poster by the name of "mjbulls23" posting a thread that is not so subtly derogatory towards Kobe. What a shocker!

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 11:47 AM   #13
kgisbigticket
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus Prime
This thread sucks.

All these "Replace X with Y in Z situation" threads suck.

Replace Starbury with Magic, Crawful with Jordan, Q-Rich with Bird, Z-Bo with Tim Duncan and E-City with Shaq, how many championships would the Knicks win?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!111oneoneoneoneoneeleven111!!! ! ZOMG!!!!!!!!!111111one

This thread doesn't make sense because it tries to make MJ in his prime. The other thread with replacing Kobe from 1999-2004 with players in the league at the time who were in their prime made a whole lot more sense.
Old 12-20-2007, 12:05 PM   #14
mjbulls23
6 World Championships

Quote:
This thread doesn't make sense because it tries to make MJ in his prime. The other thread with replacing Kobe from 1999-2004 with players in the league at the time who were in their prime made a whole lot more sense.

no I meant MJ in 1999 after the six titles, not prime MJ
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:06 PM   #15
kgisbigticket
Banned

Quote:
no I meant MJ in 1999 after the six titles, not prime MJ

Well MJ in 2002 was getting 25 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg at 39, so knowing he would allow Shaq to be the first option, they win 3+ titles easily.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: