Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-29-2006, 11:51 PM   #16
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
whats pathetic is when kobe brushes off his shoulders and waves his finger back and forth.......raja's got balls and kobes arrogant, i admit raja is dirty sometimes but no dirtier than kobe

Are you kidding me? This is your response? Dude, if you are going to come in here, don't be so freakin stupid. Geez! Dumba$$!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:37 AM   #17
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation

[quote=SoCalMike]Are you kidding me? This is your response? Dude, if you are going to come in here, don't be so freakin stupid. Geez! Dumba$$!

yeah that is my response, brushing your shoulders off like an idiot who is not a rapper is stupid....and talk to bleedinpurple hes the idiot that came in the phx forum and started talkin crap....and ill repeat myself to end this whole debate, we beat the lakers, we're better than the lakers, and we will beat them again this year......
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 06:21 AM   #18
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
yupe they went to the WCF and got smacked in the face by the dallas.....we are a great team and you losers have started to win only 2 seasons....so dont get high on that......win a championship first then come and talk to us......

Yes, Lakers are a great franchise (is that what you meant). Magic is one of my alltime favorite players, Worthy was great, Horry, etc. I like the franchise, I even like Kobe (most of the time at least )...

Learn to type first and then talk to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Any team with steve Nash on it that can average 110 ppg is A championship contender.

Begining of the 2005/2006 season when JJ and Q were gone and Stat hurt very few people thought that the Suns were going to make it to the WCF.

Peter V. even said that he gives them slim chance of getting to the playoffs.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:13 PM   #19
mr. crossover
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mr. crossover has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
whats pathetic is when kobe brushes off his shoulders and waves his finger back and forth.......raja's got balls and kobes arrogant, i admit raja is dirty sometimes but no dirtier than kobe

let me see if im understanding this quote correctly. raja bell clothesline kobe bryant which could of injured him very seriously or ended his basketball career. but instead mr. bryant picked himself up brushed off his shoulders and waves his finger back and forth instead of paying him back with violence.
kobe already knew that raja could not stop him,let alone the whole phx team.
so kobe had to let him and everybody know that you can't break or stop him!!! and i think that hurt the whole phx team and fans, more than him being clotheslined.how could you justify what raja did ???, and condemn kobe for his reaction!!!!!
mr. crossover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #20
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. crossover

let me see if im understanding this quote correctly. raja bell clothesline kobe bryant which could of injured him very seriously or ended his basketball career. but instead mr. bryant picked himself up brushed off his shoulders and waves his finger back and forth instead of paying him back with violence.
kobe already knew that raja could not stop him,let alone the whole phx team.
so kobe had to let him and everybody know that you can't break or stop him!!! and i think that hurt the whole phx team and fans, more than him being clotheslined.how could you justify what raja did ???, and condemn kobe for his reaction!!!!!

Come on dude how would that clothesline have ended Kobe's career? It was a cheap shot but come on it wasn't that bad. Nobody would even still be talking about this if it didn't involve Kobe.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:05 PM   #21
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
I set the record straight.

How exactly did you set the record straight?
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:15 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixty

Begining of the 2005/2006 season when JJ and Q were gone and Stat hurt very few people thought that the Suns were going to make it to the WCF.

Peter V. even said that he gives them slim chance of getting to the playoffs.

But come on The TNT crew even predicted that suns would win the division. Its just that steve Nash Makes everybody better. All the guys on the suns are good. I mean they arent great but if u can hit open shots and run on the break then playing with steve is the right choice for you. know what I mean?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:19 PM   #23
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
brushing off your shoulders after getting tossed to the ground is weak, he didnt retaliate cuz raja would've ripped his head off.....i personally dont think kobe is that tough....

Well I look at the two and I see Kobe as a really big strong gaurd that can Box. He works on all that stuff in the off season. But the point is Kobe prolly woulda lost his mind had he not ha da teammate to help him up because as soon as he was helped up he kinda realized that He should remain under control since he didnt get to retaliate right away and the refs had already handled the situation.

Also, Kobe brushing his shoulders off Isnt just to show he isnt intimidated. Im sure It was a way to try to piss off other players too to takew them outta their game. No disrespect to Kobe it was a smart thing to do.

But I am just saying whenever another team plays us and one of their players starts taunting it makes me really angry.
Old 07-31-2006, 03:22 PM   #24
mr. crossover

mr. crossover has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Italian
Come on dude how would that clothesline have ended Kobe's career? It was a cheap shot but come on it wasn't that bad. Nobody would even still be talking about this if it didn't involve Kobe.

you must remember that there's always a chance of getting hurt. even though what raja did, did not look bad, why take the chance on doing something like that to someone. what if on the way down kobe would of blew out his knee, tore his acl, strained his back, etc... and im not saying this because it's kobe i would say the same for any player in any sport. there's alway's a chance of ending someone's career when you go outside the lines no matter if raja's cheap shot didn't look bad or did!!!!!!!!
mr. crossover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:09 PM   #25
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Suns fans are stupid because Arizona is so boring,so nothing is better to do then pretend Raja is tough.
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 04:25 PM   #26
ggnehm

ggnehm has an OK reputation so far

I lived in SO Cal for 25 yrs till I moved to AZ 3 yrs ago and I am a diehard basketball nut. I respect other good teams other good players and at one point would even root for the Suns providing they were not playing my Lakers. But that is all over the Suns to me are a Joke and AZ fans have to whine more then any group of fans on the planet. You didn’t see Laker fans get all worked up at the end of game 1 Lakers down by 3-4 points Kobe drives to the lane get’s hammered by Tomas no foul called the play ends up in a turn over which lead to a dagger 3 by Nash. Lakers called time out and when they came back on the court Kobe had a huge knot on his head from the no call. Had he got the call that might have shifted the momentum to the Lakers and if they had pulled of game 1 coupled with the next 3 wins we very well could have seen a sweep. I will agree with Kobe elbowing his defender is illegal, any unwarranted contact is illegal but at the same time look at some of the calls Bell got they were simply flops. There were a few good shots and he did get a foul called on those and Laker fans for the most part aren’t upset with the fouls being called just the fact that Bell whined about it. When you are riding someone’s back you need to expect to take a few shots and Laker fans will have to except that if and when this happens the foul will be called. But to call Kobe “Pompous and arrogant” then close line # 8 because “HE DOSENT RESPECT ME” didn’t know the WWE had taken over the Suns when Colangilo left. So who is really the Pompous and arrogant one he coasted his team his services for 1 game because instead of trying to out play Kobe for respect which he couldn’t do he let his pride get in the way and leveled Kobe KUDOS to Kobe for just walking away and being the bigger man. So once again who is Pompous and arrogant? Rowdy Rody Bells thoughts I can not have my pride hurt even if it is at the detriment of my team, selfish ****. During the Clippers series he had a sprained ankle and before 1 of the game Charles and Magic were saying how he should not play on the sprained ankle and once again Bell said “I heard those guys before the game talking about how I should not play and felt disrespected” He news flash Dangerfield those guys have names Charles “The Round Mound of Rebounds” Barkley and Irvin “Magic” Johnson maybe you heard of them if you have ever visited the NBA hall of fame. Then you had the Matrix whining about how Nash was the only one on the Suns getting MVP buzz and he was not getting any MVP buzz (which in all fairness maybe he should have) but you do not jeopardize your teammate’s chances by saying that as Red Fox would have said “You Big Dummy” Then there were the Suns fans crying how there should have been a foul called when Nash was tied up by Walton at the end of game 5 or the Suns had called time out. Well I watch NBA TV religiously and they had Ronnie Nunn (SVP of the officials) who reviewed the play and said there was no foul and the time out was being called at the same time the ref was signaling for a jump ball and we all know once the call is made it stands. Then there was Nash 2nd MVP in a row. Don’t get me wrong Nash is an exceptional player in the league but 2 times MVP I think not. Nash couldn’t even hold John Stockton (league leader in assists and steals) jock strap and Stockton never got 1 MVP. For the Suns fans I leave you with this.

Lakers Championships = 14 Suns = 0

Last edited by ggnehm : 07-31-2006 at 04:29 PM.
ggnehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 05:44 PM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

ggnehm had the longest response which is why I wont quote But I will agree.

These NBA refs arent racist nor biast towards the better team. While Raja and Nash got "bumped" or whatever they also got away with calls.

If you all remember game 5 I have never seen so many flops that the refs called charges for. It was the most ridiculous Game I have ever seen.

For suns to complain about getting hurt or a booboo during the games is like Complaining That there is too much fighting in boxing and it honestly doesnt make any sense whatsoever.

If phoenix fans are still dwelling on raja's suspension there is a reason the league didnt listen to D'antoni and Jerry Colangelo. its because the refs were making no calls to both sides not just the lakers.

When the suns start playing Physical MAN BALL then they can start talking trash but right now there is no Physical in the word suns right now.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:57 PM   #28
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Paragraphs are your friend lol..jk
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:20 PM   #29
ggnehm

ggnehm has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
Paragraphs are your friend lol..jk

What’s a Paragraphs LOL Sorry to the Laker fans that had to read my world’s longest ongoing sentence. I’m an IT guy English class was not my strong point incase you couldn’t tell. + That was like a rant were you are so worked up you don't even have time to breath. (Just an excuse for bad grammar)
ggnehm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 PM   #30
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

I, too, live in phoenix and I'm a diehard Lakers fan. I went to one of the playoff games. Suns fan HATE Kobe and HATE the Lakers. They firmly believe we are arrogant...but the truth of the matter is that we have a long history of winning and they have a long history of being the bridesmaid.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: