Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-21-2007, 01:51 AM   #1
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here
Default Mass Effect

This is my unofficial review of the game, I'll continue it in the days ahead. Anyways, if you're thinking of getting this, RENT it first! I think it is a great game with an amazing story and great conversations, but some of the bad areas really get to me. Firstly, you can't jump, which pisses me off, and after being spoiled by the very open Oblivion, the invisible barriers in the game get to me. Sometimes it seems as if the graphics are not exactly next-gen, but sometimes they seem incredible. Also, the equipment screws me up. If anyone can give me a pointer, it would be good. The rotating on the equipment screen makes it seem like you never really equip anything. That's it for now. Right now I'm at the part where you are fighting Fist and his defense turrets.
WhiteMosɘs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 02:37 AM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mass Effect

i'm not too into rpg's but i did play the crap outta oblivion. does the combat play like those star war's rpg's or is it more real time combat w/ rpg elements?

i read where the vehicle combat is frustrating.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:01 PM   #3
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

WhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation hereWhiteMosɘs has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i'm not too into rpg's but i did play the crap outta oblivion. does the combat play like those star war's rpg's or is it more real time combat w/ rpg elements?

i read where the vehicle combat is frustrating.

No it really isn't like the Star Wars fighting (which I absolutely hate!) it is a real-time shooter.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
WhiteMosɘs
Free Myanmar

As well, if you have been reading the reviews and seen them mention how using objects as cover is bad, they are absolutely wrong. Cover is great and has saved my ass countless times.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: