Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 07-29-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

STATfan32 has decent reputation
Default Go Get Gooden!!!!!!

i just read the rumours page and theres a possibility of a sign and trade that would send KT to cavs for drew gooden, hes younger, quicker, bigger, costs less, i think hes a better rebounder too!!!! LETS GET HIM!!!!!!!!!
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 06:31 PM   #2
AKADS
Decent college freshman

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
i just read the rumours page and theres a possibility of a sign and trade that would send KT to cavs for drew gooden, hes younger, quicker, bigger, costs less, i think hes a better rebounder too!!!! LETS GET HIM!!!!!!!!!

the Deal would most likely be Gooden for Kurt Thomas and Cav first rounder back.

As a Cavs fan I could deal with it. Thomas would be a good backup for Z and I would love to get our first rounder back.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:51 PM   #3
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
the Deal would most likely be Gooden for Kurt Thomas and Cav first rounder back.

As a Cavs fan I could deal with it. Thomas would be a good backup for Z and I would love to get our first rounder back.
wow i wish you and i were the phx and cleveland GM's cuz this deal would be done right now
Old 07-29-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

That deal would be awsome for both teams. Gooden would fit right in with the Suns and Thomas would fit in with the Cavs. That would be an awsome trade.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #5
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Default once again good call italian, i like this guy

kurt would be a much better fit with cleveland backing up big Z or even playing alongside him and gooden would be much better with us, i like kurt but if it meant getting youth, quickness, and better rebounding, later dude im taking drew
Old 07-29-2006, 11:28 PM   #6
SunsRisin2DaTop
I brick open layups

SunsRisin2DaTop has decent reputation

that would be an awesome trade, how many 1st round picks does PHX actually have and how much would it cost PHX to get Gooden?
SunsRisin2DaTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:08 AM   #7
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

next year we have three first rounders and i think gooden would cost less than kurt for sure but around 6 or 7 mill a year not sure on the amount of years but prolly like 4-5
Old 07-30-2006, 12:11 AM   #8
SunsRisin2DaTop
I brick open layups

then in the immortal words of NIKE: Just Do It
Old 07-30-2006, 12:51 AM   #9
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

i still think Kurt Thomas is better... Gooden doesn't shoot well... he can rebound but he'll be fighting the stats with Marion...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:45 AM   #10
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunsRisin2DaTop
that would be an awesome trade, how many 1st round picks does PHX actually have and how much would it cost PHX to get Gooden?
A long term expensive deal for an inconsistent player such as Gooden for a player who can still help you, and who's contract comes off the books much faster than Gooden's would is not a good idea. Keep in mind the Suns have to extend LB, and Diaw soon, and having Gooden's contract would force the Suns to have to trade someone, most likely Marion. Who would you rather have?

Marion>>>>>>>>>Gooden

Last edited by Rab : 07-30-2006 at 03:03 AM.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:53 AM   #11
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

nash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternash4eva!gosuns is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab
A long term expensive deal for an inconsistent player such as Gooden for a player who can still help you, and who's contract comes off the books much faster than Gooden's would is no a good idea. Keep in mind the Suns have to extend LB, and Diaw soon, and having Gooden's contract would force the Suns to have to trade someone, most likely Marion. Who would you rather have?

Marion>>>>>>>>>Gooden
'

ur right...marion
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:43 AM   #12
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

Default good call rab but....

kurt is old, injured and slow, and i think youre all forgettin that with nash everyone has a career year and its a good thing marion and gooden would fight for stats, that means theyll both be tryin harder and putting up better numbers doesnt it?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:19 AM   #13
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by STATfan32
i wouldnt give up barbosa for DJ anyways but if we unloaded Kurt's contract we'd be able to save some good money and give gooden what he deserves, do you think Damon Jones is an idiot for declaring himself the best shooter in the world? i definitely do

Part of the thought it if we take on an expering contract and give u a solid 4 who is still young and athletic we want something that we will be able to sign and we would be willing to drop our first rounder to get Leandro. Rumours are also saying Barbosa wants to come to Cleveland to play with good friend Anderson Verajao so if you know Cleveland will throw money at him why not get something in return since you signed Banks and still habe to pay Diaw and if you get Gooden.

Nash 10 - 12 mill
Marion 15 mill
Amare starts at 12 I believe
Gooden - 7 - 9 million
Bell - 5 mill
Banks - 4 mill ???
Diaw - I guess 6 - 8 mill
some where in the 55 - 60 million right around the salary tax. plus you would have to fill out ur roster and in Barbosa is still there pay him to. Even if its not Jones maybe Like Jackson or Sasha Pavlovic both will experir soon and would be sheap to resign.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:37 PM   #14
SunsRisin2DaTop
I brick open layups

marion over gooden good point
Old 07-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #15
AKADS
Decent college freshman

Marion 12 - 15 million