Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-21-2007, 08:00 PM   #1
RIP CITY
DETROIT BASKETBALL

RIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Questions about NBA 2K8.

I want to get 2K8, but I need some answers before I get it. I have been trying to stay with Live, but it just sucks too much this year.

A few questions though, can you start a non-dynasty season, where you can control all 30 teams??

What's the simulation like?? In Live 08 the highest rebounder in the League is at like 8 RPG, and there are like 30 guys scoring 30 PPG. Is it at least somehwat realistic??

What is the edit player mode like?? Can I change jersey #'s, shoes, and ratings??

I know it dooesn't have an All-Star Weekend, but does it at least have an All-Star game??

I want to go trade in Live, but I don't really want to if 2K doesn't have a mode where I can control every team.

Last edited by RIP CITY : 12-21-2007 at 09:59 PM.
RIP CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Questions about NBA 2K8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIP CITY
I want to get 2K8, but I need some answers before I get it. I have been trying to stay with Live, but it just sucks too much this year.

A few questions though, can you start a non-dynasty season, where you can control all 30 teams??

What's the simulation like?? In Live 08 the highest rebounder in the League is at like 8 RPG, and there are like 30 guys scoring 30 PPG. Is it at least somehwat realistic??

What is the edit player mode like?? Can I change jersey #'s, shoes, and ratings??

I know it dooesn't have an All-Star Weekend, but does it at least have an All-Star game??

I want to go trade in Live, but I don't really want to if 2K doesn't have a mode where I can control every team.

there's a regular season mode where u play thru just one season. i don't know if u can play as all the teams though.

it's way more sim than live. live tends to play more arcade-like.

edit mode is decent. you can change anyone's jersey # and ratings, and most shoes. some players won't allow u to change their shoes. not sure why.

it does have an all-star weekend. there's a dunk contest, 3pt contest, rookies vs. sophomores.

again, i'm not sure about a mode controlling every team.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:08 AM   #3
dorellcookwade
I brick open layups

dorellcookwade has an OK reputation so far

You wont regret buying 2K8.

As far as I can find, the most teams you can control is 8.

It's very realistic, but if you play like 12 minute quarters, you tend to get huge scores.

You can change all three of them, and more, but some players don't let you change shoes.

It has the East and West teams, but I think you have to set it up in Exhibition mode.

Why do you want to do that?
dorellcookwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:15 PM   #4
CelticsFan34
Kids at the park dunk on me

CelticsFan34 has an OK reputation so far

Last night I was playing someone online who was using the mavs. He somehow had J-Kidd on Dallas...
CelticsFan34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
RIP CITY
DETROIT BASKETBALL

RIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorellcookwade

Why do you want to do that?

I'm a stats guy, I like to be able to play any team so I can control the players stats as much as possible. Plus, I get bored playing with the same team for 82 games. I will usually play with the Pistons because that's my team, but I like to play other games when they have a good matchup or when a team needs some wins to get to the Playoffs. When you simulate all the other teams games, you end up with crap teams making the Playoffs, and really good teams missing the Playoffs. Or crap players averaging 15-25 PPG, and Star players averaging like 10-15 PPG. In other words, I'm a control freak, when it comes to the stat sheets, and making the right teams make the Playoffs. I want to keep the stats and Playoff teams close to realistic, and if a player or team goes up or down from their regular stats or team record I want it to be because of me. Kind of weird I guess, but that's just how I am.
RIP CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: