Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-23-2008, 11:21 PM   #1
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation
Default What are the 10 or 15 best 360 games?

Since my Xbox has been out for over a year I haven't really followed gaming that much, but now since I'm getting it fixed I need some help on what is worth buying.

Games I own:

Phantasy Star(Won out of the game machine at wal-mart)
Perfect Dark(Beat it)
Call of Duty 2(Beat it)
WWE Raw vs. Smackdown 2007(Beat it)
NBA2k6(Beat it)
Fight Night Round 3(Beat it)
King Kong(Haven't even played it)
Burnout(Solid)
Need for Speed(ok)
Madden 2006(Sucks)
African Safari(Gift)

Not a very impressive list. So now that I got my system back I need to buy some quality games.

Last edited by Hotlantadude81 : 05-23-2008 at 11:34 PM.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:05 AM   #2
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: What are the 10 or 15 best 360 games?

GTA 4
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Gears of War
Halo 3
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Rock Band
Saints Row
Assassin's Creed
Rainbow Six: Vegas
~LA's fine$t~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 12:16 AM   #3
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LA's fine$t~
GTA 4
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Gears of War
Halo 3
Bioshock
Mass Effect
Rock Band
Saints Row
Assassin's Creed
Rainbow Six: Vegas

The question I have about GT4 is what is new? What makes it better than the others?

And how is Splinter Cellouble Agent?
Old 05-24-2008, 12:43 AM   #4
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here~LA's fine$t~ has a near all-star reputation here

Haven't played Double Agent for 360, have it for PS2. It's pretty good, IGN is a web site I usually go to for reviews.

GTA 4 isn't any different from its predecessors, however the graphics are obviously a lot better. It actually feels like a real city man. People holding caffee in their hand, soldiers/marines walking the streets, there is this big statue that caught me off guard in one of the towns. I mean the streets, buildings, construction sites etc. make this feel like a LIVE city. You have to experience this game man, you won't do the system any justice. This game is why those systems were made. I only finished 30% of the game, but I love the character Niko Balic, by far my favorite.

Also if you played Gears of War, you will appreciate the new cover up system...you click a bottom and the character will cover himself against an object, and you can free aim behind the object...and of course kill your enemy without really having to come out into the open. Also, you can now go through wind shields if you get into a collision...besides the free roaming, which is an extraordinary experience...the story line is amazing. There are so many twists, and you can actually choose to kill certain characters or let them live...depending on your decision, you will have different outcomes.

The vehicles feel like real life, I mean I can distinguish a hummer, benz or even a mustang. Of course the names are different but they look identical to their real life counterpart.

Another cool feature is the cell phone, where you can change ringtones...call 911 if you need a cop car, or call your friends for one of their services etc.
Real cool feature trust me on that.

I don't want to spoilt it for you, but this game should definitely be on your list of games to get. Especially if you're a fan of the series.
Old 05-24-2008, 12:49 AM   #5
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

I have about 110 bucks to spend right now some I'm hoping to get 3 or 4 decent games used. I gotta do some catching up. I prefer games with reply value as I mainly play Wrestling, football, baseball, basketball and other games where you can continue to play and play even after beating the game. I don't even like to watch baseball or wrestling at this point, but they have reply value of course and that's what I'm looking for.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:02 AM   #6
~LA's fine$t~
WIF Champion

Call of Duty 4 has I think the most addictive online play out of any game, there's definitely replay value there.

GTA 4 obviously has replay value, you can beat those 90 missions so many different ways...and roam around the city is endless fun.

I'd recommend Rock Band, it is very addictive and immensely interactive.
And of course if you haven't played Gears of War, I'd recommend it.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:19 AM   #7
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Here is my personal list of my favorite 360 games:

War Tech: Senko no Ronde
Rock Band
Dead or Alive 4
Gears of War
Halo 3
Blue Dragon
Lost Odyssey
Ridge Racer 6
Grand Theft Auto IV
Raiden Fighters Aces (Japan only)

OF NOTE:
I have really "peculiar" gaming tastes so to speak. My personal favorite is Senko no Ronde, but it plays kind of like Virtua On. Its the only game I play online with strangers… most people don't like it though or even understand it. If you can even find it, the cost these days is like $10 new… me and like 5 other people are probably the only suckers who paid full price when it came out
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 09:48 AM   #8
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bioshock
Call of Duty 4
Mass Effect
Oblivion

Those are probably the games of the highest quality.

So that War Tech game is worth the pickup eh? I saw it in a store and thought it could be something for me, but then I checked it online and saw it got rated pretty poorly.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

My games:

Oblivion
Gta 4
NBA 2k8(returned it)
Halo 3
Fifa world cup
Battlefield 2
Rainbow six vegas(awsome game)
some other cheap games

People/I would consider these games in the top 15:
Oblivion, Halo 3, Gta 4, Call of duty 4, Rainbow six vegas 1,
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 10:22 AM   #10
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
So that War Tech game is worth the pickup eh? I saw it in a store and thought it could be something for me, but then I checked it online and saw it got rated pretty poorly.

For $10 you really cant go wrong…
Its like a cross of vs fighting and shooting (like Ikaruga).
G.rev(of Border Down fame) did the game.
The localization was pretty much just adding subtitles. All the voices are still in Japanese… If you like anime, then you'll definitely like the art direction…

Game play overall is pretty much like Virtua On with out twin stick control and with boss attacks…

There is also score mode to play for high score.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:59 PM   #11
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

gears of war
halo 3
call of duty 4
skate
dirt
rainbow six vegas 2
gta 4
bioshock
the orange box
devil may cry 4
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #13
evinecz
Banned

evinecz has an OK reputation so far

Anyone here know how to get out of the tomb to kill the berserker in gears of wars? im stuck there for like 3 days now
evinecz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #14
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

I love Perfect Dark (even though many hated it) and I'm big on First person shooters.
Old 06-08-2008, 03:35 AM   #15
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gears Of War was good, but too short for my tastes. I don't own a huge amount of games because I don't play all that much, but i'd definatly recommend The Orange Box if you haven't got it on the PC. The two episodes aren't all that long, but they put Half Life 2 in it, which is awesome, as well as Team Fortress which is a good multiplayer game.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: