Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-30-2006, 04:21 PM   #136
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Two years isn't recent. Not when we're talking All-Stars. I think I've made that clear.

I have not said that he was recently an All-Star. I have not.

No, but you said recent past. Recent past would be two years ago, and that's pretty recent, so again, by your logic, he's an All-Star.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:23 PM   #137
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
No, but you said recent past. Recent past would be two years ago, and that's pretty recent, so again, by your logic, he's an All-Star.
It was two full seasons ago, going on three years, actually.

You have nothing. This is what you are reduced to.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:25 PM   #138
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman
also fatboy is right, lakerraider is wrong and got exposed pretty hard in the thread by fatboy and gobb, but still was stuborn and looked worse.

when gobb points out your mistakes lakerraider you simply go to personal attacks which basically show defeat in the argument about the topic.

No not really, if you look at my arguments without judegmental or biased implications, you'll know that I have a point.

Getting exposed pretty hard is hardly the case in this situation. I believe that I backed my examples up pretty well.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:26 PM   #139
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
It was two full seasons ago, going on three years, actually.

You have nothing. This is what you are reduced to.

You said if a player was an All-Star in recent past, then he would still be known as an All-Star player, so by your logic, he is an All-Star player. I'm only using your example.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #140
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
You said if a player was an All-Star in recent past, then he would still be known as an All-Star player, so by your logic, he is an All-Star player. I'm only using your example.
If you made the All-Star this past season or maybe even last season, you are an All-Star. If it's been longer than that, you've obviously lost your ability to make an All-Star game.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:28 PM   #141
blinkbizk87
I airball my layups

blinkbizk87 has an OK reputation so far

magloire is not an all star, he only got picked in because the east was weak at the big man position that year, magloire is undersized, not athletic, slow, D is average, so hes not much of help to a team unless they despereatelyyyyyyyy need a C

the only reason he didnt fit in new orleans or milwaukee is cause in New Orleans, Magloire and PJ Brown had the same style of play, neither has a jump shot. same thing in milwaukee, he played the same way as bogut, once again neither had a shot.

so a good fit magloire would be like dallas, he could just focus on rebounding, and nowitizki can stay the shooting himself and not worry as much bout rebounding. he needs to be somewhere where there is a shooting PF on a team
blinkbizk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #142
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
If you made the All-Star this past season or maybe even last season, you are an All-Star. If it's been longer than that, you've obviously lost your ability to make an All-Star game.

Is there a rule that states that??? The fact of the matter is that when you say past years, you mean the past two to four years, because that would only mean recent past years.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:33 PM   #143
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkbizk87
magloire is not an all star, he only got picked in because the east was weak at the big man position that year, magloire is undersized, not athletic, slow, D is average, so hes not much of help to a team unless they despereatelyyyyyyyy need a C

the only reason he didnt fit in new orleans or milwaukee is cause in New Orleans, Magloire and PJ Brown had the same style of play, neither has a jump shot. same thing in milwaukee, he played the same way as bogut, once again neither had a shot.

so a good fit magloire would be like dallas, he could just focus on rebounding, and nowitizki can stay the shooting himself and not worry as much bout rebounding. he needs to be somewhere where there is a shooting PF on a team

If one is picked to the All-Star team, then one is an All-Star.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #144
fatboy11

Quote:
Is there a rule that states that??? The fact of the matter is that when you say past years, you mean the past two to four years, because that would only mean recent past years.
Dude, it was two years ago. You act like two years isn't a long time. In reality, it is.

And I never said anything about "past years". I only said "recent past".

Give it up, dude.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:38 PM   #145
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Dude, it was two years ago. You act like two years isn't a long time. In reality, it is.

And I never said anything about "past years". I only said "recent past".

Give it up, dude.

When you're talking about recent past, you're talking about the past two to four years, so therefore, by your logic he is an All-Star. Scroll back to where you say that. Go ahead. Take your time.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:39 PM   #146
fatboy11

Quote:
When you're talking about recent past, you're talking about the past two to four years, so therefore, by your logic he is an All-Star. Scroll back to where you say that. Go ahead. Take your time.
I never said two to four years. I don't have scroll back. I know I didn't say it.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:41 PM   #147
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
I never said two to four years. I don't have scroll back. I know I didn't say it.

Of course you didn't say two to four years, but you said recent past, which means that. Two to four years. So therefore, by your logic, Jamaal Magloire is considered an All-Star.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #148
Orealius
Great young streetballer

Orealius has an OK reputation so far

I just got a headache after reading LR and fatboy's argument.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #149
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius

Have you ever had this headache in the "recent past???" Hehehe.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:45 PM   #150
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
I've already thrown up.

I wish I had a life so I could walk away from it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: