Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2006, 05:22 PM   #151
SCY
Put yr guns up
 
SCY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: HoustoN
Posts: 4,268
SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation
Default

He's not an all-star, that's stupid, but he's underrated in this thread and around the league. I'd trade anyone but Yao/Tmac for him.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:24 PM   #152
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Hardly, i simple stated fatboy was just owning you in this thread and your argument was weak and made no sense. Fact. Eh, you turned this into me and my banned moments, my AI will be traded topic. Go figure.


If you would like to turn this topic around to me, then send me a private message. I'm flattered, but keep it on topic.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:45 PM   #153
Dr. Pimpski
I brick open layups
 
Dr. Pimpski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 79
Dr. Pimpski has an OK reputation so far
Default

Many people are over and underrating players in this thread, but luckily I have arrived to properly rate them. Magloire is not an all-star center, which would mean a top 5-6 player at his position. He is however a top-15ish center, which is a lot more than you could say about Blake as a pg. The Bucks lost this trade bigtime from a value standpoint. Keep in mind that Magloire and Blake are basically the same age.

I'm guessing that the Bucks simply couldn't find a trade for an equally valuable player, and decided intsead to grab expirers who play useful positions (as opposed to Magloire, the expirer who plays a redundant position). Even though the Bucks gave up more value than they got back, this trade makes them better than no trade at all. However, it doesn't make them as much better as the trades I was hoping for (Marquis Daniels, Josh Childress, Shane Battier, Ricky Davis, etc).

Larry Harris was apparently not able to grab the athletic 2/3 combo that he was supposedly looking for. Hopefully this is because he rightfully has a lot of confidence in Ilyasova and Noel, and not because he's an idiot.
Dr. Pimpski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:22 AM   #154
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 16,745
RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Pimpski
Many people are over and underrating players in this thread, but luckily I have arrived to properly rate them. Magloire is not an all-star center, which would mean a top 5-6 player at his position. He is however a top-15ish center, which is a lot more than you could say about Blake as a pg. The Bucks lost this trade bigtime from a value standpoint. Keep in mind that Magloire and Blake are basically the same age.

I'm guessing that the Bucks simply couldn't find a trade for an equally valuable player, and decided intsead to grab expirers who play useful positions (as opposed to Magloire, the expirer who plays a redundant position). Even though the Bucks gave up more value than they got back, this trade makes them better than no trade at all. However, it doesn't make them as much better as the trades I was hoping for (Marquis Daniels, Josh Childress, Shane Battier, Ricky Davis, etc).

Larry Harris was apparently not able to grab the athletic 2/3 combo that he was supposedly looking for. Hopefully this is because he rightfully has a lot of confidence in Ilyasova and Noel, and not because he's an idiot.

Blake definately isn't a top 15 PG, but the fact remains that they didn't need another C, and (in a way) they were in need of a backup PG. Thus the trade takes place. You have to look at more than the players involved to really evaluate a trade.

And as for that little (big) argument, fatboy killed you LR. The point is, Magloire cannot be called an allstar C, because he hasn't even come close to being an allstar C since he was named one. In a league that has like, 4 allstar caliber C's. Magloire WAS an allstar C. He's been pitiful the past two years, so that lable has been taken away from him.

Oh, and you've also changed your argument throughout this thread. First it was, if your an allstar once, you're an allstar for life. Now you're saying (in fatboy's words apparantly) that if you're an allstar within the RECENT PAST, than you're STILL an allstar. Make up your mind.

Last edited by RidonKs : 07-31-2006 at 12:40 AM.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:26 AM   #155
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

LakerRaider sees more posters saying he is wrong than right. But he'll never admit he is wrong here. Too stubborn. Its pure comedy. Thanks for the laughs LR. Other posters in here said the same thing. Looks like you are wrong and just cant admit it, then someone caught you changing your argument (which you alwyas do when wrong).
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:31 AM   #156
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Blake definately isn't a top 15 PG, but the fact remains that they didn't need another C, and (in a way) they were in need of a backup PG. Thus the trade takes place. You have to look at more than the players involved to really evaluate a trade.

And as for that little (big) argument, fatboy killed you LR. The point is, Magloire cannot be called an allstar C, because he hasn't even come close to being an allstar C. In a league that has like, 4 allstar caliber C's. Magloire WAS an allstar C. He's been pitiful the past two years, so that lable has been taken away from him.

Oh, and you've also changed your argument throughout this thread. First it was, if your an allstar once, you're an allstar for life. Now you're saying (in fatboy's words apparantly) that if you're an allstar within the RECENT PAST, than you're STILL an allstar. Make up your mind.


Come on man, you're being a bit over-dramatic. I didn't really change my argument. I was going by what fatboy11 was saying when he said recent past and I just rolled with it to try to show fatboy11 understand what he was saying.

I have made up my mind, it sounds like you're the one who might be a little confused. Read the thread again. You might catch on. It's like a John Grisham book, you have to read it over again and again to make sense of what I'm saying. Can you feel the drama and intrigue??? You can't put the book down, come on hit the "Back" button and read what was written again. You'll come back to this response with a different school of thought and way of thinking.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:34 AM   #157
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,960
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default



"Ahh, the good ole days!!!"

And LR, how the fu*k are you going to trying to show me what I was saying. I know what the fu*k I was saying.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:36 AM   #158
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11


"Ahh, the good ole days!!!"

And LR, how the fu*k are you going to trying to show me what I was saying. I know what the fu*k I was saying.

Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:39 AM   #159
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
LakerRaider sees more posters saying he is wrong than right. But he'll never admit he is wrong here. Too stubborn. Its pure comedy. Thanks for the laughs LR. Other posters in here said the same thing. Looks like you are wrong and just cant admit it, then someone caught you changing your argument (which you alwyas do when wrong).


Voice of Reason, I'm not wrong. What's pure comedy is you getting banned and coming back with a different username. They kicked you out and had to get a new username to come back in. Can't you take a hint??? Now that's pure comedy.

I never changed my argument, go ahead and re-read and go ahead and quote how I changed my argument. Go ahead, get that caffeine in. Get those yellowjacket pills you got from 7-11 to get your energy up. You'll need that energy to scroll back clicking and clicking back just to find that one post you find contraversial. Afer finding my post, you put on a little Boy George on your IPod to celebrate your victory. "Charma Charma Charma Charma Charma Chameleon. You come and go, you come and gooo!!!"

You're the joke and you don't realize it which is even funnier, claiming you're 28 years old and putting down people who are half your age. That's pure comedy.

Quit posting pictures of yourself on here, you look like a broke down Craig David wannabe. You're not tough and you're not hard. You're pure comedy.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:42 AM   #160
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11


"Ahh, the good ole days!!!"

And LR, how the fu*k are you going to trying to show me what I was saying. I know what the fu*k I was saying.


Yes, I was clarifying what you were trying to say, but then you were not agreeing with me, only to find that you were agreeing with me. When I caught you on it, you decided to think that you weren't agreeing with me when you really were agreeing with me.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:44 AM   #161
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 16,745
RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
You cannot take away from the fact the he was an All-Star, so when referring to him, you will always refer to him as an All-Star.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
You said if a player was an All-Star in recent past, then he would still be known as an All-Star player, so by your logic, he is an All-Star player. I'm only using your example.

I'd call that changing your argument. But maybe I'm just crazy.

And how am I being overdramatic?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:49 AM   #162
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I'd call that changing your argument. But maybe I'm just crazy.

And how am I being overdramatic?


That wasn't changing my argument, fatboy11 said that to be referred to as an All-Star he would have to be on the All-Star team in the recent past, and he was. I never changed my argument.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:54 AM   #163
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 16,745
RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
That wasn't changing my argument, fatboy11 said that to be referred to as an All-Star he would have to be on the All-Star team in the recent past, and he was. I never changed my argument.

Okay, my bad. I just reread through a few more of your posts, and in all of them,, you say "according to your logic, fatboy", or something like that. So anyways, my mistake.

And I still don't understand why I was being overdramatic, but w/e.

And I still disagree with you LR, Jamal Magloire is NOT an allstar C.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:55 AM   #164
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Houston doesnt need a PF because they have an all star pf in juwon howard.

Bright lakerraider logic.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:56 AM   #165
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Okay, my bad. I just reread through a few more of your posts, and in all of them,, you say "according to your logic, fatboy", or something like that. So anyways, my mistake.

And I still don't understand why I was being overdramatic, but w/e.

And I still disagree with you LR, Jamal Magloire is NOT an allstar C.


If you disagree with me, that's cool, at least you were being respectable about it with me and I thank you for you extending that kindness to me.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:51 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy