Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2006, 12:59 AM   #166
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Houston doesnt need a PF because they have an all star pf in juwon howard.

Bright lakerraider logic.


Just because the Houston Rockets have an All-Star Power Forward in Juwan Howard, doesn't mean that they shouldn't have another decent Power Forward on the Houston Rockets to help him out. Let's not get carried away here.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:02 AM   #167
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

What happened was that LakerRaider took it upon himself to tell me what my definition of recent past was.

We're in the latter part of 2006 and he thinks early 2004 is the recent past. It's not. Especially in NBA years.

I was clear that "recent past" is this past season or the season before that.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:03 AM   #168
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Just because the Houston Rockets have an All-Star Power Forward in Juwan Howard, doesn't mean that they shouldn't have another decent Power Forward on the Houston Rockets to help him out. Let's not get carried away here.
Juwon Howard is an All-Star PF yet we are going to start Shane fu*king Battier at PF.

Get real, man.

Would it kill you to use the word "former"?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:06 AM   #169
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
What happened was that LakerRaider took it upon himself to tell me what my definition of recent past was.

We're in the latter part of 2006 and he thinks early 2004 is the recent past. It's not. Especially in NBA years.

I was clear that "recent past" is this past season or the season before that.


A-Ha!!! The past season was 2005 - 2006, and the season before that 2004 - 2005. So with your logic, you agree with. Before you tell me that the 2004 - 2005 season doesn't count because the 2004 All-Star game was during the middle part of the 2003 - 2004 season, it still counts because it's still two and a half seasons away, which is not long ago, which by your logic is "recent past."
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:10 AM   #170
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Juwon Howard is an All-Star PF yet we are going to start Shane fu*king Battier at PF.

Get real, man.

Would it kill you to use the word "former"?


There's nothing wrong with starting Shane Battier at Power Forward and to have an All-Star Power Forward starting on the bench is pretty decent for the Houston Rockets, it means that the Houston Rockets have plenty of options and are saving All-Star Power Forward Juwan Howard as their secret weapon.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:10 AM   #171
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
A-Ha!!! The past season was 2005 - 2006, and the season before that 2004 - 2005. So with your logic, you agree with. Before you tell me that the 2004 - 2005 season doesn't count because the 2004 All-Star game was during the middle part of the 2003 - 2004 season, it still counts because it's still two and a half seasons away, which is not long ago, which by your logic is "recent past."
No, man. You're dumb.

2005-2006 = this past season
2004-2005 = season before

Magloire was an All-Star in 2003-2004.

You lose. Again.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:12 AM   #172
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
No, man. You're dumb.

2005-2006 = this past season
2004-2005 = season before

Magloire was an All-Star in 2003-2004.

You lose. Again.


No I didn't lose, read what I wrote again, you basically were saying the same things I was saying. Jamaal Magloire was an All-Star only two and a half seasons ago which counts as "recent past." There you go again agreeing with me again. Thanks.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:14 AM   #173
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year
 
fatboy11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 7,963
fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
No I didn't lose, read what I wrote again, you basically were saying the same things I was saying. Jamaal Magloire was an All-Star only two and a half seasons ago which counts as "recent past." There you go again agreeing with me again. Thanks.
Read this carefully, boy.

I said that, by my definition, the "recent past" was this past season or the season before. Magloire was an All-Star the season before the season before this past season.

You lose. You comprehension skills are lacking.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:28 AM   #174
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Read this carefully, boy.

I said that, by my definition, the "recent past" was this past season or the season before. Magloire was an All-Star the season before the season before this past season.

You lose. You comprehension skills are lacking.


There's no need to get racial.

Your definition is different than someone else's definition. When you say "recent past," that means recently. Two and a half seasons ago is not that long ago, so by your logic in previous posts, he is an All-Star player. I'm just going by your logic and reasoning of your previous posts.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 01:35 AM   #175
BradMiller52
Kings fan
 
BradMiller52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I wanna get paid like Mikki
Posts: 2,724
BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default

You guys don't need to keep arguing about this. The reason the blazers did the trade is simple-it makes them more talented. They traded 2 bench guys for a starting calibre center in a contract year. It's not often that that opportunity presents itself. If they can, it's time for them to start turning their bench depth/talent into starters by packaging them together. They now have 2 legit centers, the only other teams I can think of right now who have that are Miami and Dallas-you know those two teams that made the finals(and no I'm not even saying Portland will make the playoffs). Skinner's just a "blah" player and Blake can easily replaced.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 06:43 AM   #176
Voice of Reason
Local High School Star
 
Voice of Reason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BANitentiary
Posts: 978
Voice of Reason has not been impressing people
Default

Nothng like watching a person be wrong and continue to type BS. Howard is never recognized as an All Star PF because he isnt an All Star PF. Plays nothing like an All Star PF and hasnt been one in years yet he remains an all star PF to some people because admitting wrong is a tough pill to swallow. You dont see any articles where all star forward juwon howard is printed. Even when involved in trades it isnt printed. Yet Tracy McGrady? Yao Ming? Have the labels All Star printed in front of thier names. Ask yourself WHY. You can do a search yourself and see how stupid you are. AT BEST when Howard career accomplishments are mentioned that will be present.

The same with Jamal Magloire. You're the only idiot recognizing him as an All Star Center still. Not even his mother calls him one anymore. When Magloire was traded the label would be ok to apply. Now? Get real you stubborn mule.

And look at you trying to insult a poster and be all wrong. Hilarious.
Voice of Reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 07:55 AM   #177
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach
 
bjtrdff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,467
bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation
Default Jamal

I think it's a fantastic move by the blazers. They get a good center in a contract year who can hopefully help teach/motivate aldrich and Pryz, and be a team leader too. They also help get rid of their PG jam.

Now if they could trade Randolph and Miles they'd be set.


Trade deadline move....Randolph/Miles and Magliore to NY for Jalen's expiring deal. (and whatever other pieces fit)??
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:34 AM   #178
jc123
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
jc123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belfast
Posts: 27
jc123 has an OK reputation so far
Default

hes a decent player and should do well this season
jc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:28 AM   #179
RidonKs
NBA Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Free Hat!
Posts: 17,033
RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default

It isn't really a bad trade when just looking at the players involved, but why in the world would you trade a legit PG for a C, a decent backup PG and a few scrubs for another C, resign ANOTHER C, and then draft another one with the fourth pick. It defies logic. Unless they're gonna do that thing that people were mentioning earlier about packaging Magloire with Miles, in which case, I just find it weird.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 03:34 PM   #180
LakerRaider
Great college starter
 
LakerRaider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,171
LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice of Reason
Nothng like watching a person be wrong and continue to type BS. Howard is never recognized as an All Star PF because he isnt an All Star PF. Plays nothing like an All Star PF and hasnt been one in years yet he remains an all star PF to some people because admitting wrong is a tough pill to swallow. You dont see any articles where all star forward juwon howard is printed. Even when involved in trades it isnt printed. Yet Tracy McGrady? Yao Ming? Have the labels All Star printed in front of thier names. Ask yourself WHY. You can do a search yourself and see how stupid you are. AT BEST when Howard career accomplishments are mentioned that will be present.

The same with Jamal Magloire. You're the only idiot recognizing him as an All Star Center still. Not even his mother calls him one anymore. When Magloire was traded the label would be ok to apply. Now? Get real you stubborn mule.

And look at you trying to insult a poster and be all wrong. Hilarious.


Why is this broke-down Craig David look-alike responding to me??? It shows that if I'm wrong, I admit I'm wrong. A person like you who has been banned already, only to come back here knowing he's not wanted just shows your true worth on this board, so please don't reply to any of my responses on this board.

There's nothing that changes that Juwan Howard is an All-Star Power Forward, you can keep on arguing, but I'll say the same thing over and over again.

Next time you respond to me, use the word "sir."
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy