Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #16
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe24
really? Where did you hear that?

last yr, at the beginning of the season, lakers offered mihm and i think cook for magloire and second rounder, bucks shot it down. and at the beginning of the offseason, i think i read on that one website that starts with r and ends with m that theres talk of magloire being purseud by LA.

I dont get why bucks didnt make the deal with lakers, they just pretty much threw magloire away now.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #17
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
So who's going to make the playoffs in Milwaukee's place now?

Right now I'm leaning towards the Magic.

Milwaukee can still make the playoffs.

They added Villeneuva, and already had Bogut, Gadzuric, Smith and Kukoc. Plus they have Skinner now as well.

Blakes helps out in the backcourt behind Maurice Williams and Charlie Bell.

The Bucks should be ok, but adding another shooter would help.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:47 PM   #18
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

HALLandOATES has decent reputation

Well not it looks like Portland is def. going to dump one of there Big men. Randolf or Raef must go soon.Some one give me a depth chart for them .
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #19
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

I wonder how adamcz will defend this now considering all the sh!ttalking he did
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #20
NBAfan32
High school junior varsity star

NBAfan32 has an OK reputation so far

Blazers trades have not been making sense since their draft day moves - where they kept switching picks where the players that they had their eye on couldve very well landed on their on draft spot. This is just one of those. Przybilla, Lafrentz, Randolph and Lamarcus now added Magliore is just a big glut of big guys. Really wont be surprised if Randolph and Darius Miles will be on their way out. Bucks get a backup for Mo Williams in Steve Blake and Brian Skinner isnt a slouch either. Could they have done better? Possibly. But they address needs that they have to fill.
NBAfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:01 PM   #21
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Yeah I can;t wait for AdamCZ to come here. In threads regarding a possible Raptors/Bucks trade involving Magloire he overrated him. I told him that just because a team really wants to rid themselves of a player doesn't mean another team wants him just as bad.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #22
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputation

Poor Adamcz

It seems that we were correct all along, Jamaal Magloire doesn't seem to have the value, or anywhere near the value that you felt he had all along. Milwaukee practically gave Magloire away for Steve Blake, bad trade for the Bucks in my opinion.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:04 PM   #23
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Portland has dramatically improved their team this summer: Aldridge, Roy, LaFrentz, Magliore, keeping Pryzbilla.

Raef is not an upgrade at all. he is nothing but a salary cap albatross. Joel is what he is and they simply kept him so thats not an upgrade. LO is raw and nowhere near ready for the NBA. (personally I dont think he will ever be anymore than a backup) Mags doesnt fit unless somebody else is getting moved.

Blake was thier best PG last year as well

I dont see them as improved at all.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:07 PM   #24
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

If this is the last trade that the Blazers make involving a front court player being shipped out, it is horrible.

On a team full of young players, you need veterans, but not if they are going to cause a glut. Lafrentz, Pryz and Magloire are now sharing time as well as LaMarcus Alridge, the Blazers future up front. You already have a max player in Randolph at PF and now you're going to have 4 centers joining him in the front court?

This rent-a-Magloire trade is going to haunt the Blazers next season.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:15 PM   #25
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
If this is the last trade that the Blazers make involving a front court player being shipped out, it is horrible.

On a team full of young players, you need veterans, but not if they are going to cause a glut. Lafrentz, Pryz and Magloire are now sharing time as well as LaMarcus Alridge, the Blazers future up front. You already have a max player in Randolph at PF and now you're going to have 4 centers joining him in the front court?

This rent-a-Magloire trade is going to haunt the Blazers next season.

Unless they are going to move Randolph down the line.

In terms of Blake at point guard, they already have Jack and Roy can play some minutes there when they go to the big lineup.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:26 PM   #26
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

prtland drafted a pg and i guess they're comfortable with him playing some backup minutes.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:32 PM   #27
Human Error
Proves idiots wrong

Human Error is starting to rub some people the wrong wayHuman Error is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Bogut and Ha Seung-Jin, the 2 best centers who took the Junior World Championship 2003 by storm, now get to share the same floor together!
Human Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:34 PM   #28
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Error
Bogut and Ha Seung-Jin, the 2 best centers who took the Junior World Championship 2003 by storm, now get to share the same floor together!

A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:14 PM   #29
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
well this is pretty dump for bucks considering lakers offered them mihm and a filler, which I think is alot better than the deal blazers are doin

Not really. Bucks didn't need another C.

I love Blake. He can shoot, is efficient, and plays D. Now Larry Harris can swing the erratic, no defense player that is Mo Williams for a swingman like possibly Childress or someone comparable.

Skinner + Joe Smith = one healthy backup PF.

Ha will be cut I'm assuming. Unless they plan on keeping him on the roster to play in the D-League.

I personally like this deal.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:16 PM   #30
jamal
crawford, mashburn

jamal has an OK reputation so far

Blazers got raped, only conselation is Magloire is an expirer. Did you see him play last year? He sucks. He's regressed for sure and I don't think he's very skilled. Just big. Bucks win the trade because they got the best player in the deal, Blake, who also fills a need as a PG and a stabilizer as well. With a great contract. Redd and Bogut will love Blake. Bobby Simmons too. Ha Sap is just a throw-in and Skinner sucks too, but he only has one more guaranteed year on his deal.

Hotsizzle what the Bucks got from Portland is worlds better than Mihm and a filler. Mil had too much in the frountourt and needed to add a PG. so why would they want Mihm? Better to turn Magloire into something that can help the team.

Last edited by jamal : 07-29-2006 at 09:18 PM.
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: