Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #31
Locked_Up_Tonight
National High School Star

Locked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation hereLocked_Up_Tonight has a near all-star reputation here

Milwaukee came out better in this trade. And it definitely doesn't effect their playoff aspirations. It actually helps it. Milwaukee needs Bogut to blossom. This move allows that while they get a good banger and a solid bakcup point guard.
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #32
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal
Blazers got raped, only conselation ins Magloire is an expirer. Did you see him play last year. He sucks. He's regressed for sure and I don't think he's very skilled. Just big. Bucks win the trade because they got the best player, who alos fills a need as a PG but a stabilizer as well. Redd and Bogut will love Blake. Bobby Simmons too. Ha Sap is just a throw-in and Skinner sucks too, but he only has one more guaranteed year on his deal.

Hotsizzle what the Bucks got from Portland is worlds better than Mihm and a filler. Mil had too much in the frountourt and needed to add a PG. so why would they want Mihm? Better to turn Magloire into something that can help the team.

Agreed.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:03 PM   #33
WildStyle
High School Starter

WildStyle has an OK reputation so far

Losing Magloire obviously does not worry the Bucks. I wouldn't be upset with this trade if I was a Bucks fan. Addition by subtraction. Although they probably should have gotten a draft pick as well.
WildStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:06 PM   #34
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

WOW. Un freaking believable. How could the Wizards not get in on this action? We could have offered hayes who is worth more than that crap by himself.

Bucks went from third best future in the entire league to permanently mediocre.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #35
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
WOW. Un freaking believable. How could the Wizards not get in on this action? We could have offered hayes who is worth more than that crap by himself.

Bucks went from third best future in the entire league to permanently mediocre.

Magloire, who is old, plays the same position as their "future star", a player who was going to leave at the end of the season anyway. Losing that guy demotes the Bucks from 3rd best future to permanently mediorce? Weird reasoning . . .
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #36
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Well its a combination of that and trading TJ Ford for Villa.

They traded Ford and Magloire, who could be 2 of the top 3 players on a higher-level team... they traded those 2, not for players they could use or who fit their teams, but instead got Villanueva and a bunch of expirers.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:52 PM   #37
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Milwaukee essentially traded Desmond Mason and the #15 pick for a one year rental of Magloire, Steve Blake and Brian Skinner. That's a pretty bad deal.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 10:53 PM   #38
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

This makes little sense for Portland. I'd expect Magloire to be moved by the deadline.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:03 PM   #39
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeWiz15
Well its a combination of that and trading TJ Ford for Villa.

They traded Ford and Magloire, who could be 2 of the top 3 players on a higher-level team... they traded those 2, not for players they could use or who fit their teams, but instead got Villanueva and a bunch of expirers.

Why's everyone so down on Blake. I liked him in Washington, and the Bucks needed a backup PG for Mo. Skinner will be an alright backup at PF, along with Joe Smith. Bogut's their long term C, so why not get two decent backups for one decent backup who they'd lose at the end of the year anyway. Makes sense to me.

Mo Williams/Steve Blake/Charlie Bell
Michael Redd/Bobby Simmons
Charlie Villanueva/Simmons
Dan Gadzuric/Joe Smith/Brian Skinner
Andrew Bogut/Gadzuric (?)

Okay, I got a little confused, but it still doesn't look too bad for an up and coming team.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:10 PM   #40
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

Quote:
the Bucks needed a backup PG for Mo.
Bell and Mo are both better than Blake. What the Bucks needed was a swingman off the bench and they just got approximately everything else, a bunch of guys they don't need and won't play.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:19 PM   #41
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
last yr, at the beginning of the season, lakers offered mihm and i think cook for magloire and second rounder, bucks shot it down. and at the beginning of the offseason, i think i read on that one website that starts with r and ends with m that theres talk of magloire being purseud by LA.

I dont get why bucks didnt make the deal with lakers, they just pretty much threw magloire away now.

Well, because, Brian Skinner and Steve Blake would benefit the Milwaukee Bucks more than Chris Mihm and Brian Cook would benefit the Milwaukee Bucks.

Last edited by LakerRaider : 07-29-2006 at 11:30 PM.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:29 PM   #42
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

This deal make's absolutely no sence for either the Portland Trail Blazer..OR the Milwaukee Bucks. Simply unbelieveable! what are the two teams thinking! The Bucks have just lost a true center, which by the way is very hard to find in the league, for two bench warmers, a back up point guard and some salary cap? UNBELIEVEABLE! They basically gave him for NOTHING, zip. If they wanted a backup PG and two scrubs, SIGN THEM. Horrible. On the other hand, the blazers have just gained ANOTHER center to their roster, what are they doing? playing "who can get the most centers?" or are they actually trying to win? they just signed Pryzbilla to a HUGE CONTRACT, they aqquired Raef's HUGE contract, they drafted CENTER LaMarcus Aldridge, AND NOW, they aqquire Jamal Magloire? QUITE FRANKLY, all of those centers will have to be sharing time, thinking of moving some of them to power forward? look who we have here, Mr. Zachary Randolph! Unless the Blazers have more trades in their hands which can be potentially better or worse, this team is going to be fighting for nothing but last place in the western conference! Ladies and Gentlemen, this could go down as one of the worst trades ever in league history.
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:33 PM   #43
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Why's everyone so down on Blake. I liked him in Washington, and the Bucks needed a backup PG for Mo. Skinner will be an alright backup at PF, along with Joe Smith. Bogut's their long term C, so why not get two decent backups for one decent backup who they'd lose at the end of the year anyway. Makes sense to me.

Michael Redd/Bobby Simmons
Charlie Villanueva/Simmons
Dan Gadzuric/Joe Smith/Brian Skinner
Andrew Bogut/Gadzuric (?)

Okay, I got a little confused, but it still doesn't look too bad for an up and coming team.

I disagree with your lineup. I definately think they brought in Villa to play PF. They just signed Simmons to a huge contract last summer, he is the starting SF for sure.

Michael Redd/David Noel/Damir Markota
Bobby Simmons/Ersan Ilyasova /
Charlie Villanueva/Joe Smith/Brian Skinner
Andrew Bogut/Gadzuric

That's how I see it.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 11:39 PM   #44
LakerRaider
Great college starter

The trade is very good for the Milwaukee Bucks. What if Jamaal Magloire were to leave at the end of the season. He would've left for nothing. This is the best deal the Milwaukee Bucks would've gotten.

Steve Blake is a very good point guard. He can shoot the three, he can defend, he's a pretty good floor general. He's very underrated.

Brian Skinner is pretty decent veteran as well. He scraps for the rebounds and manages to get points and is a good guy to have in the lockerroom.

The Portland Trailblazers also benefit from this trade. They gain an All-Star Center. Raef LaFrentz will be shooting the ball most of the time and Lamarcus Aldridge is a rookie so don't expect much playing time from him, so Jamaal Magloire will fit in well with this team. Zach Randolph will be able to concentrate in doing his job by putting up the points and rebounds with Joel Pryzbilla, Jamaal Magloire, and Raef LaFrentz sharing the frontcourt with him.

This is a very good and even trade for both the Portland Trailblazers and the Milwaukee Bucks. The Portland Trialblazers get a legit All-Star Center. The Milwaukee Bucks receive the players they want that would help out Andrew Bogut and their National Basketball Association Playoff chances tremendously.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #45
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
This deal make's absolutely no sence for either the Portland Trail Blazer..OR the Milwaukee Bucks. Simply unbelieveable! what are the two teams thinking! The Bucks have just lost a true center, which by the way is very hard to find in the league, for two bench warmers, a back up point guard and some salary cap? UNBELIEVEABLE! They basically gave him for NOTHING, zip. If they wanted a backup PG and two scrubs, SIGN THEM. Horrible. On the other hand, the blazers have just gained ANOTHER center to their roster, what are they doing? playing "who can get the most centers?" or are they actually trying to win? they just signed Pryzbilla to a HUGE CONTRACT, they aqquired Raef's HUGE contract, they drafted CENTER LaMarcus Aldridge, AND NOW, they aqquire Jamal Magloire? QUITE FRANKLY, all of those centers will have to be sharing time, thinking of moving some of them to power forward? look who we have here, Mr. Zachary Randolph! Unless the Blazers have more trades in their hands which can be potentially better or worse, this team is going to be fighting for nothing but last place in the western conference! Ladies and Gentlemen, this could go down as one of the worst trades ever in league history.

The Portland Trailblazers are depending on Raef LaFrentz mainly for his shooting to space the floor out, that's it. LaMarcus Aldridge is not a Center, he's a Power Forward who will probably not get that much time, so acquiring Jamaal Magloire was the right thing to do. Raef LaFrentz is not known to be a top-notch defender, average at best, which is still good, but acquiring Jamaal Magloire would solidify the Center position. Raef LaFrentz will be known for spacing the floor out with his three-point shooting. Three-point shooting is something the Portland Trailblazers lacked last season, but now with Raef LaFrentz, they probably just got better in terms of three-point shooting.

The Milwaukee Bucks and Steve Blake is a good marriage in my opinion. Brian Skinner is a good person and player to have on the team.

This is a pretty good trade.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: