Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-29-2006, 11:52 PM   #46
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
The Portland Trailblazers are depending on Raef LaFrentz mainly for his shooting to space the floor out, that's it. LaMarcus Aldridge is not a Center, he's a Power Forward who will probably not get that much time, so acquiring Jamaal Magloire was the right thing to do. Raef LaFrentz is not known to be a top-notch defender, average at best, which is still good, but acquiring Jamaal Magloire would solidify the Center position. Raef LaFrentz will be known for spacing the floor out with his three-point shooting. Three-point shooting is something the Portland Trailblazers lacked last season, but now with Raef LaFrentz, they probably just got better in terms of three-point shooting.

The Milwaukee Bucks and Steve Blake is a good marriage in my opinion. Brian Skinner is a good person and player to have on the team.

This is a pretty good trade.

Ok, but I haven't heard you mention the name Joel Pryzbilla. Obviously one of these centers won't be getting alot of time, I just don't get the trade for both sides. They wanted rebuild and play the young guys, what's up with the trades?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:00 AM   #47
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

@ Adamcz. "Were not gonna trade a Former All-Star Center for nothing"
ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:09 AM   #48
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
I disagree with your lineup. I definately think they brought in Villa to play PF. They just signed Simmons to a huge contract last summer, he is the starting SF for sure.

Mo Williams/Steve Blake/Charlie Bell
Michael Redd/David Noel/Damir Markota
Bobby Simmons/Ersan Ilyasova /
Charlie Villanueva/Joe Smith/Brian Skinner
Andrew Bogut/Gadzuric

That's how I see it.

Yeah, I suppose that makes a little more sense, as opposed to having Gadzuric or Bogut playing out of position, but I still think Charlie V is extremely undersized at the PF spot. I just can't see him guarding the Duncans and Garnetts with much efficiency at all. But w/e, I'm not that into the Bucks anyways, so I don't really have any clue what they are going to try to do. I was just posting for the sake of something to do. Haha, how sad is that?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:10 AM   #49
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALBballer

Ouch, did he actually say that?
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:17 AM   #50
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Ok, but I haven't heard you mention the name Joel Pryzbilla. Obviously one of these centers won't be getting alot of time, I just don't get the trade for both sides. They wanted rebuild and play the young guys, what's up with the trades?

Joel Pryzbilla will be the starting Center of course. I didn't mention him because it was obvious. The player who won't be getting alot of time is Raef LaFrentz, it's not a hidden secret. He knows it. He's thirty years old. He even said that he's been in the league for eight years and can also be a mentor to many of the young players. There won't be that many centers, just three centers after this trade. Joel Pryzbilla, Jamaal Magloire, and Raef LaFrentz. Raef LaFrentz will probably share the Power Forward spot, maybe, he'll be known mainly for his three-point shooting to space the floor.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 12:19 AM   #51
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:

adamcz should be satisfied. They got something out of Jamaal Magloire. He was an expiring contract and what if he left without the Milwaukee Bucks getting anything back at the end of the season??? They just acquired some decent players in Steve Blake and Brian Skinner.
Old 07-30-2006, 01:15 AM   #52
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

The Bucks got raped. I can't believe people even question the deal from Portland's end. Blake put up numbers on a lottery team, Skinner's defense is insanely overrated, Ha is garbage.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:26 AM   #53
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Magloire's contract is expiring and I'm hearing people in this thread say that is maybe the only plus for Portland.

All three players they gave up have expiring deals.

Huh?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:19 AM   #54
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Roc 23
I disagree with your lineup. I definately think they brought in Villa to play PF. They just signed Simmons to a huge contract last summer, he is the starting SF for sure.

Mo Williams/Steve Blake/Charlie Bell
Michael Redd/David Noel/Damir Markota
Bobby Simmons/Ersan Ilyasova /
Charlie Villanueva/Joe Smith/Brian Skinner
Andrew Bogut/Gadzuric

That's how I see it.

A Roc gets the gold for knowing the correct lineup.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:20 AM   #55
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshraptor4life
In Portland, the deal makes no sense. They get like the 4th Center on their roster, after throwing money at Pryzbilla and already paying LaFrentz ridiculous money and drafting Aldridge

Actually with this trade they get rid of two players that would take time from joel and aldrige. These guys are actually both centers or in skinners case a power forward. this trade would allow two postions to be shared between five guys (center and powerfoward: joel, zack, aldrige, magloire, and raef can play sf because of his range). Also trading blake allows jack, juan, dickau, and brandon roy either play point or sg. If anything this frees up space for the blazers and they get a veteran to help out the team that averages nearly a double double and if they dont like him they don't have to sign them next yr.
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:34 AM   #56
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 03:13 AM   #57
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Lightbulb Don't...touch the sun...

I have no idea why both of these teams even wanted the players that were traded...
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 04:02 AM   #58
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

This really makes no sense.

It's been bothering me all night.

Why the fu*k would Milwaukee do this? I figure that Portland maybe wants someone to package with Miles to get him out of town, but I have no idea why the Bucks would want the hunk of junk they just got. There had to be a better deal out there.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:24 AM   #59
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
This really makes no sense.

It's been bothering me all night.

Why the fu*k would Milwaukee do this? I figure that Portland maybe wants someone to package with Miles to get him out of town, but I have no idea why the Bucks would want the hunk of junk they just got. There had to be a better deal out there.

The players that are supposedly going to the Milwaukee Bucks are not junk. Steve Blake is a good Point Guard. He can hit the three-pointer, plays hard, and plays defense. Brian Skinner is a very good Power Forward. He scraps for rebounds and gets points. He's a decent veteran and a great addition to any locker room.

Steve Blake and Brian Skinner are pretty good and underrated additions to the Milwaukee Bucks.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:29 AM   #60
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
The players that are supposedly going to the Milwaukee Bucks are not junk. Steve Blake is a good Point Guard. He can hit the three-pointer, plays hard, and plays defense. Brian Skinner is a very good Power Forward. He scraps for rebounds and gets points. He's a decent veteran and a great addition to any locker room.

Steve Blake and Brian Skinner are pretty good and underrated additions to the Milwaukee Bucks.
Steve Blake is alright. He's a good 2nd/3rd point guard.

Brian Skinner is alright. He's a good backup big man, but no one seems to want him and he makes 5.4 million dollars. He's overpaid.

Ha Sueng-Jin = junk.

So it's okay for Milwaukee to trade the best available center out there for a decent, overpaid backup big man, a reserve point guard, and Ha Sueng-Jin?

Whatever, man.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: