Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-30-2006, 04:57 AM   #61
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Steve Blake is alright. He's a good 2nd/3rd point guard.

Brian Skinner is alright. He's a good backup big man, but no one seems to want him and he makes 5.4 million dollars. He's overpaid.

Ha Sueng-Jin = junk.

So it's okay for Milwaukee to trade the best available center out there for a decent, overpaid backup big man, a reserve point guard, and Ha Sueng-Jin?

Whatever, man.

There are tons of teams who would love to have Brian Skinner. I'm sure the Sacramento Kings would love to have Brian Skinner back. The way he plays and how hard he plays, he is not overpaid compared to the other players in the league who contributes less and gets paid more than Brian Skinner, he is not overpaid.

Jamaal Magloire is good, yeah, but maybe the Milwaukee Bucks are ready for Andrew Bogut to take over the reigns and start at Center instead of Jamaal Magloire.

You're talking about Brian Skinner being overpaid. If Andrew Bogut were to start over Jamaal Magloire this season and Jamaal Magloire would've come off the bench. You would probably claim that Jamal Magloire's overpaid for a player coming off the bench.

The Milwaukee Bucks would fill two important voids in their lineup with this trade by adding Steve Blake and Brian Skinner.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:00 AM   #62
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
There are tons of teams who would love to have Brian Skinner. I'm sure the Sacramento Kings would love to have Brian Skinner back. The way he plays and how hard he plays, he is not overpaid compared to the other players in the league who contributes less and gets paid more than Brian Skinner, he is not overpaid.

Jamaal Magloire is good, yeah, but maybe the Milwaukee Bucks are ready for Andrew Bogut to take over the reigns and start at Center instead of Jamaal Magloire.

You're talking about Brian Skinner being overpaid. If Andrew Bogut were to start over Jamaal Magloire this season and Jamaal Magloire would've come off the bench. You would probably claim that Jamal Magloire's overpaid for a player coming off the bench.

The Milwaukee Bucks would fill two important voids in their lineup with this trade by adding Steve Blake and Brian Skinner.
This post makes absolutely no sense.

Yeah, the Bucks get some depth. I never took that away from this deal, but you're telling me this was the best deal on the table? Couldn't have been.

Brian Skinner makes more money than Shane Battier and a ton of teams HAVE HAD Brian Skinner. Why is he always on the move, again? Explain that to me.

Andrew Bogut is viewed as a potential franchise player. Magloire isn't so good that he should detrail that.

Dude, I know it's late but where is your head?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:07 AM   #63
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Magloire's contract is expiring and I'm hearing people in this thread say that is maybe the only plus for Portland.

All three players they gave up have expiring deals.

Huh?

Magloire>>>the guys Portland gave up. He's a better post defender/rebounder/overall player. People keep saying "OH NO THEY'LL HAVE A GLUT UP FRONT!". Oh really. LaFrentz sucks and he'll probably get spot minutes, Przy/Magz can split C/PF time(a bit for each). Randolph may be on the way out and Aldridge is still really young/a rookie. Having a talented frontcourt that can do many things is not bad.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:09 AM   #64
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Magloire is being picked up so they can package him with Darius Miles (maybe even in a three way trade where they go to different teams) so they don't have to part with one of their young guys.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:11 AM   #65
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:

Yeah, the Bucks get some depth. I never took that away from this deal, but you're telling me this was the best deal on the table? Couldn't have been.

Brian Skinner makes more money than Shane Battier and a ton of teams HAVE HAD Brian Skinner. Why is he always on the move, again? Explain that to me.

Andrew Bogut is viewed as a potential franchise player. Magloire isn't so good that he should detrail that.

Alonzo Mourning makes more money than Chris Paul and a ton of teams have had Alonzo Mourning. What I said doesn't make sense right??? I'm following the same logic you're using.

Just because a player makes more or less than another player doesn't necessarily mean they're better or worse.

The reasoning behind trading a certain player has many reasons behind it, one being contract, salary cap issues, chemistry, problems with management. There are many reasons why a player is traded.

People are analyzing this too much. This trade helps both teams, it's not like any of the teams are losing anything major. Both teams trade away assets from their teams, and they gain assets to their teams.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:13 AM   #66
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Magloire>>>the guys Portland gave up. He's a better post defender/rebounder/overall player. People keep saying "OH NO THEY'LL HAVE A GLUT UP FRONT!". Oh really. LaFrentz sucks and he'll probably get spot minutes, Przy/Magz can split C/PF time(a bit for each). Randolph may be on the way out and Aldridge is still really young/a rookie. Having a talented frontcourt that can do many things is not bad.

BradMiller52 knows. Western Conference posters tend to be a little bit more basketball savvy and knowledgable.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:15 AM   #67
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Magloire is being picked up so they can package him with Darius Miles (maybe even in a three way trade where they go to different teams) so they don't have to part with one of their young guys.

That doesn't make sense. They acquire an All-Star Center only to package him with Darius Miles so they can trade away Darius Miles??? They need him at center more than they need to trade away Darius Miles.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:16 AM   #68
fatboy11

Quote:
Alonzo Mourning makes more money than Chris Paul and a ton of teams have had Alonzo Mourning. What I said doesn't make sense right??? I'm following the same logic you're using.

Just because a player makes more or less than another player doesn't necessarily mean they're better or worse.
You sound like an idiot here.

You keep bringing up Chris Paul and Andrew Bogut and their money. THEY'RE ROOKIES. You know they're salaries are slotted in, right? Horrible example.

Put it to you like this: You give me one thing that Brian Skinner as done to deserve 5.4 million a year (which is more than the current MLE). Go ahead. I dare you. I fu*king dare you.

Do that and I'll concede that he is not overpaid. You're going to lose, though.

Why trade a coveted center for two reserves and one of the league's worst players?

That is what I'm asking. You gave up Desmond Mason and an unprotected 1st rounder to get him. Explain why this was a good trade for Milwaukee.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:16 AM   #69
D.Z.W.
Great young streetballer

D.Z.W. has decent reputation
Default .

I don't consider this trade bad for Portland.. they gave up a few solid role players (that weren't going to be used much anyway) for a decent center thats also an expiring contract.

Hopefully Magloire is valuable enough so that he can be packaged away with Darius Miles down the road (which is their intention from what I have read so far).

And for those who all think that Randolph may be on his way out.. I doubt it, I mean, his contract is pretty damn ugly - very hard to package him in a trade IMO.
D.Z.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:19 AM   #70
fatboy11

Quote:
That doesn't make sense. They acquire an All-Star Center only to package him with Darius Miles so they can trade away Darius Miles??? They need him at center more than they need to trade away Darius Miles.
You just don't understand, do you?

They desperately want to trade Darius Miles. No one wants just Darius Miles. They want Miles and one of the young prospects. Now Portland has a subsitute for the prospect.

Portland has Joel P, Zach Randolph, and Aldridge at the 4/5. And LaFrentz (who isn't going anywhere).
Old 07-30-2006, 05:20 AM   #71
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Z.W.
I don't consider this trade bad for Portland.. they gave up a few solid role players (that weren't going to be used much anyway) for a decent center thats also an expiring contract.

Hopefully Magloire is valuable enough so that he can be packaged away with Darius Miles down the road (which is their intention from what I have read so far).

And for those who all think that Randolph may be on his way out.. I doubt it, I mean, his contract is pretty damn ugly - very hard to package him in a trade IMO.
Not so crazy, am I, Laker Raider?
Old 07-30-2006, 05:24 AM   #72
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

This must have been the best deal they could get if they didn't want to take back any big contracts.

Next year, the Bucks will have a bunch of contracts off the books: Smith, Booth, and all of these guys, so they will be under the cap to go after some free agents.

The only team that would have been a good fit for Magliore would have been Atlanta, but for whatever reason, that didn't work out. Why? I dont know. The Hawks could have sent some scrubs to the Bucks and they would have gotten some cap relief. At least here, the Bucks get two reserves.

Magliore must not be that good, and his contract demands probably scared off a bunch of teams. Maybe he has some injury problems that have't been disclosed.

Otherwise serviceable big men with expirers are a hot commodity.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:26 AM   #73
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Wait a second, Darius Miles is in Miami working out. Will he get traded to the Miami Heat??? I know stupid reasoning, but just wondering. Reports indicated that he refused an invitation by Nate McMillan to send an assistant coach to help Darius Miles out.

Maybe he's trying to get in good with Shaquille O'Neal and Dwyane Wade. Perhaps a trade between the Miami Heat and Portland Trailblazers is imminent??? Maybe Darius Miles for Antoine Walker or Darius Miles for Jason Williams??? Intriguing.

Could the Portland Trailblazers and the Miami Heat be secretly trying to work out a trade and that Darius Miles is in Miami for a physical??? It seems that every workout and everything that each member of the Portland Trailblazers is public except for Darius Miles who's been really quiet, unusually quiet.

Something is afoot, or maybe I need to sleep. I'm tired.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:28 AM   #74
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
This must have been the best deal they could get if they didn't want to take back any big contracts.

Next year, the Bucks will have a bunch of contracts off the books: Smith, Booth, and all of these guys, so they will be under the cap to go after some free agents.

The only team that would have been a good fit for Magliore would have been Atlanta, but for whatever reason, that didn't work out. Why? I dont know. The Hawks could have sent some scrubs to the Bucks and they would have gotten some cap relief. At least here, the Bucks get two reserves.

Magliore must not be that good, and his contract demands probably scared off a bunch of teams. Maybe he has some injury problems that have't been disclosed.

Otherwise serviceable big men with expirers are a hot commodity.
I don't like the straight salary dump. At least get a young, cheap player in return.

And I don't think teams really care about Jamaal's contract demands. He'll make what they pay him. I don't see anyone giving him 10 million next summer unless he goes contract year on us. Don't see that happening in Portland. He won't be on the court enough. They're going to have to balance between their 4 good big men.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:28 AM   #75
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
You sound like an idiot here.

You keep bringing up Chris Paul and Andrew Bogut and their money. THEY'RE ROOKIES. You know they're salaries are slotted in, right? Horrible example.

Put it to you like this: You give me one thing that Brian Skinner as done to deserve 5.4 million a year (which is more than the current MLE). Go ahead. I dare you. I fu*king dare you.

Do that and I'll concede that he is not overpaid. You're going to lose, though.

Why trade a coveted center for two reserves and one of the league's worst players?

That is what I'm asking. You gave up Desmond Mason and an unprotected 1st rounder to get him. Explain why this was a good trade for Milwaukee.

Please be respectable.

Why are you concerned whether Brian Skinner is overpaid??? Are you paying him??? Whether he's overpaid or not is not the topic of discussion at hand, why are changing the subject??? Come on man.

Last edited by LakerRaider : 07-30-2006 at 05:30 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: