Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-30-2006, 05:29 AM   #76
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerRaider
Please be respectable.

Why are concerned whether Brian Skinner is overpaid??? Are you paying him??? Whether he's overpaid or not is not the topic of discussion at hand, why are changing the subject??? Come on man.
You said he wasn't overpaid.

I'm responding to that ridiculous claim and, as I see, you couldn't change my mind about him.

Brian Skinner is an overpaid player than no one seems to want.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:31 AM   #77
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Maybe these trade scenarios down the line:

1. Memphis gets

Jamal Magliore
Darius Miles
No. 1 pick (lottery protected)

Portland gets

Eddie Jones

2. New York gets

Jamal Magliore
Darius Miles

Portland gets

Jalen Rose
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:39 AM   #78
LakerRaider
Great college starter

LakerRaider has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
You said he wasn't overpaid.

I'm responding to that ridiculous claim and, as I see, you couldn't change my mind about him.

Brian Skinner is an overpaid player than no one seems to want.

You think he's overpaid, someone else thinks he doesn't. Why can't you agree that many people don't agree with you and many don't agree with me??? People have varying opinions and reactions to certain things which is a result of what one calls the human nature of interactional supplemental school of thought.

Trying to convince someone means that one must be in one's mind to convince the unconvinceable and the inconceivable, and one cannot enter the mind of one who is trying to be convinced. The result of this debate will only end in a stalemate of ideas that you already admitted that your mind and body is faitgued.

You say that you have not rested, which is probably why this reponse might not formulate a complete sentence or thought to you. Without rest, one becomes delirious, perhaps your delirium is preventing you from agreeing with my ideas, quite natural.
LakerRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:40 AM   #79
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
BradMiller52 knows. Western Conference posters tend to be a little bit more basketball savvy and knowledgable.

Yes I do know. I don't get why people are saying having a frontcourt full of talented guys who can do many things is bad. Their rebounding should get much better after this trade. Portland's had a great offseason.

Skinner's not really a bad player but he's not good either. His pay is basically fair considering he's going to be expiring. Blake isn't that good either, he's decent.

I'd like to see Miles traded to Miami as long as the blazers get back something good/decent.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:42 AM   #80
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

1. Memphis gets

Jamal Magliore
Darius Miles

Portland gets

Eddie Jones

2. New York gets

Jamal Magliore
Darius Miles

Portland gets

Jalen Rose

Wow, just stop posting trades...
Old 07-30-2006, 05:44 AM   #81
Spike Spiegel
Local High School Star

Spike Spiegel has decent reputationSpike Spiegel has decent reputation

Blake is absolutely perfect for this team right now. Too bad not many people actually care to think about it.

Steve Blake >>> Mo Williams in the offense the team plans to run next year (primarily through Bogut).

This was not a bad trade. Whoever thinks the Bucks got raped are clueless as to how average Magloire was last year. End of story. But could they have gotten a better package? Possibly...
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:46 AM   #82
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Wow, just stop posting trades...

Try thinking for a change.

If the objective for Portland is to get rid of Miles's contract, then both trade scenarios do that. This isn't getting back a dollar for dollar deal.

Throwing a number one pick to get rid of his contract would be necessary. Toronto had to do that last year when they got rid of Rose.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:47 AM   #83
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Yes I do know. I don't get why people are saying having a frontcourt full of talented guys who can do many things is bad. Their rebounding should get much better after this trade. Portland's had a great offseason.

Skinner's not really a bad player but he's not good either. His pay is basically fair considering he's going to be expiring. Blake isn't that good either, he's decent.

I'd like to see Miles traded to Miami as long as the blazers get back something good/decent.

Thank you BradMiller52. Maybe I wasn't just spewing a tired rant regarding my original post about Darius Miles a couple of posts back, hehehe.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:48 AM   #84
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:

If the objective for Portland is to get rid of Miles's contract, then both trade scenarios do that. This isn't getting back a dollar for dollar deal.

Throwing a number one pick to get rid of his contract would be necessary. Toronto had to do that last year when they got rid of Rose.

Portland's not trading a first round pick to get rid of Miles. End of story.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:52 AM   #85
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:

The Portland Trailblazers are not going to get rid of decent players like Brian Skinner and Steve Blake by acquiring an All-Star Center in Jamaal Magloire, only to be trading Jamaal Magloire with Darius Miles so they can get rid of Darius Miles??? It doesn't make sense.

Why trade away an All-Star Center in Jamaal Magloire just so you can get rid of Darius Miles??? It doesn't make sense. You trade away your player who was a starting Point Guard last season, a player who was your starting Power Forward last season, trade them to acquire an All-Star Center. You'd think you'd stop there, but no, there seems to be a problem on the team, you trade away that problem with that All-Star Center for what??? Come on man.

Last edited by LakerRaider : 07-30-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:54 AM   #86
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:

1. Memphis gets

Jamal Magliore
Darius Miles

Portland gets

Eddie Jones

2. New York gets

Jamal Magliore
Darius Miles

Portland gets

Jalen Rose

Ok, with all due respect, this trade doesn't make sense. They trade away an All-Star Center AND a number one pick??? Lottery protected??? All this to get rid of Darius Miles??? Come on man.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:56 AM   #87
LakerRaider
Great college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel
Blake is absolutely perfect for this team right now. Too bad not many people actually care to think about it.

Steve Blake >>> Mo Williams in the offense the team plans to run next year (primarily through Bogut).

This was not a bad trade. Whoever thinks the Bucks got raped are clueless as to how average Magloire was last year. End of story. But could they have gotten a better package? Possibly...

Good post.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #88
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Quote:
Portland's not trading a first round pick to get rid of Miles. End of story.

What has Portland done this off-season?

Get young players and clear out the locker room.

Look at the guys who are now gone: Khryapa, Telfair, Blake, Skinner, Ratliff, Ha.

The next guys to go are Randolph and Miles.

So yea, getting rid of Miles with an lottery protected pick is worth it for the Blazers. To not have a complainer in the locker room, especially around young players in Roy, Jack and Aldridge, the future of the team.

Pryzbilla complained last year about guys not caring. Management listened and they have gotten rid of some of those guys. I am not saying all of the guys who are gone are bad, but some of them were.

Miles should have been traded when he went off on Cheeks two seasons ago. How that didn't happen is amazing.

Not getting back dollar for dollar on Miles is not a big deal.

Plus both Rose and Jones are expireres, which give the Blazers cap space next season.

And now, Magliore is not an All-Star center. If he was, he would have been traded for more than 2 solid reserves and a scrub center.

Last edited by hawkfan : 07-30-2006 at 06:15 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:17 AM   #89
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
The Portland Trailblazers are not going to get rid of decent players like Brian Skinner and Steve Blake by acquiring an All-Star Center in Jamaal Magloire, only to be trading Jamaal Magloire with Darius so they can get rid of Darius Miles??? It doesn't make sense.

Why trade away an All-Star Center in Jamaal Magloire just so you can get rid of Darius Miles??? It doesn't make sense. You trade away your player who was a starting Point Guard last season, a player who was your starting Power Forward last season, trade them to acquire an All-Star Center. You'd think you'd stop there, but no, there seems to be a problem on the team, you trade away that problem with that All-Star Center for what??? Come on man.

Exactly. I mean I could see packaging Miles and Magz if they get back someone good instead of just getting back crap for Miles but really packaging them both and a pick to get someone like Jalen Rose is insane and makes no sense. Yeah they want to get rid of Miles but if they do that they might as well cut Miles and keep the pick while letting Magloire expire.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:26 AM   #90
junwin
I hit open 5-footers

junwin has decent reputation

its not that bad for the Bucks, they need a pg after losing tj. and it wont be long (hopefully) before villaneuve does more for them than magloire could
junwin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: