Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Old 12-07-2007, 01:24 PM   #1
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far
Default A Trade With Philly

The Heat aren't going anywhere unless they get a reliable point guard. Williams hasn't played a complete season since entering the NBA. Smush Parker isn't a quality starter in the league. Philly is in the East, but are far from being a threat if a trade was to happen with them.

Send Udonis Haslem, Dorrell Wright, and Smush Parker to Philly for Andre Miller, Jason Smith and Rodney Carney.

Carney plays the same position as Thaddeus Young and Young has better numbers than Carney in less minutes. This does make the Sixers a much better team with a starting line up of Louis Williams, Iguodala, Young, Haslem, and Dalembert with Parker and Wright off the bench.

For Miami:

PG Miller / Williams
SG Wade / Cook
SF Davis / Carney
PF Johnson / Smith
C Shaq / Mourning / Blount
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 06:48 PM   #2
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Re: A Trade With Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru08
The Heat aren't going anywhere unless they get a reliable point guard. Williams hasn't played a complete season since entering the NBA. Smush Parker isn't a quality starter in the league. Philly is in the East, but are far from being a threat if a trade was to happen with them.

Send Udonis Haslem, Dorrell Wright, and Smush Parker to Philly for Andre Miller, Jason Smith and Rodney Carney.

Carney plays the same position as Thaddeus Young and Young has better numbers than Carney in less minutes. This does make the Sixers a much better team with a starting line up of Louis Williams, Iguodala, Young, Haslem, and Dalembert with Parker and Wright off the bench.

For Miami:

PG Miller / Williams
SG Wade / Cook
SF Davis / Carney
PF Johnson / Smith
C Shaq / Mourning / Blount

I don't understand why Miami would do this trade. First of all, they traded Smith to Philly on draft day. Why would they want him back? Philly gets some more youth, which is okay, but why would Miami want Andre Miller? I agree, he would be a good point guard for the Heat, but Shaq is on the decline and the Heat are slowly deteriorating. The Heat need to get some young help and try to make a run in the east in a few years, IMO.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
I don't understand why Miami would do this trade. First of all, they traded Smith to Philly on draft day. Why would they want him back? Philly gets some more youth, which is okay, but why would Miami want Andre Miller? I agree, he would be a good point guard for the Heat, but Shaq is on the decline and the Heat are slowly deteriorating. The Heat need to get some young help and try to make a run in the east in a few years, IMO.
Nicely said marny.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:33 PM   #4
mhg88
Local High School Star

mhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat coolmhg88 is considered somewhat cool

Miller is good but that trade just makes us older. If I thought Miller gave us a shot at the title I'd say yes, but I don't think he puts us over the top. And Haslem is a pretty big piece to give up with what he brings to the table, for the money he makes.
mhg88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 03:32 AM   #5
dorellcookwade
I brick open layups

dorellcookwade has an OK reputation so far

Miller isn't a Riley point guard, he wouldn't work here. Haslem for me is one of the untradables, with Wade. I would always like Dorell to be one because he has a bright future along with Cook, but we know Riley loves oldies over youth.
dorellcookwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #6
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

I'd like to see Andre Iguodala go to the Heat. He and Wade would be a nice duo.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 11:13 PM   #7
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallGuru08
What about Reggie Evans and Willie Green?
Remix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 11:47 AM   #8
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix
What about Reggie Evans and Willie Green?

Yeah, Willie Green's the odd man out in this deal, unless Iggy starts at SF and Willie starts at SG.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: