Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Seattle SuperSonics Forum

Seattle SuperSonics Forum Seattle Supersonics message board - sonics fan forum

Old 12-09-2007, 02:04 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Sonics Currently Set for #2 Pick

Do you think they can make a big turnaround? I think eventually the group will start to gel very well, and might surprise a few teams with a couple of big wins or so. I think they may be able to make a turnaround like the 76ers did last year. Anyone else have faith?
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:11 AM   #2
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Sonics Currently Set for #2 Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Do you think they can make a big turnaround? I think eventually the group will start to gel very well, and might surprise a few teams with a couple of big wins or so. I think they may be able to make a turnaround like the 76ers did last year. Anyone else have faith?

as time goes on, they will get better just through the fact that they will understand one another's tendencies better the more they play together

the problem is that there are so many tough teams in the western conf.

my faith was tapped out when we traded ray ray (and to a degree, didnt attempt to resign 'shard)

i am still in a funk with the possibility of the move and have been watching fewer sonic games because of it
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:23 PM   #3
MasterDurant24
National High School Star

MasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected posterMasterDurant24 is a pretty well-respected poster

They need somebody to step up or they their draft pick is going to have to do wonders next year. I don't know if they can turn it around this year. Oh and the moves been confirmed
MasterDurant24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 08:44 PM   #4
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

It has? That sucks. Pick'll probably be someone like Mayo or Beasley to energize the fanbase in Oklahoma. Sigh.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:31 AM   #5
I airball my layups

1982 has an OK reputation so far

I would think winning would energise the fanbase. We've got KD for flash/scoring. Rose is what we need if we get the chance. Although Love would work well too imho.
1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 04:18 PM   #6
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1982
I would think winning would energise the fanbase. We've got KD for flash/scoring. Rose is what we need if we get the chance. Although Love would work well too imho.

winning is exactly what bennett does NOT want.

the alienation of fans in seattle will make it easier for him to move the sonics
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 10:32 PM   #7
Howard Schits
Decent playground baller

Howard Schits has an OK reputation so far

The TNT Lakers-Cavs telcecast says the Christmas day 2nd game is Lakers vs Suns. Did ABC dump the Trailblazers vs Sonics game? WTF??
Howard Schits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:37 PM   #8
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Well with no KD-Oden matchup, it's not exactly one of the better games around the league, now is it?
Old 12-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #9
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainierBeachPoet
winning is exactly what bennett does NOT want.

the alienation of fans in seattle will make it easier for him to move the sonics

haha but I was referencing the guy above talking about energising Oklahoma lol, although thats somewhat moot, of course, as that wont happen pre-08 draft.

Even so, I find it extremely hard to believe that he'd purposely get someone who'd f-up the team. Even WITH Rose you wouldnt get a playoff team in this West anyway (not prior to the proposed move, at any rate) so I dont think that's a real concern.
Old 12-23-2007, 12:58 AM   #10
steve

steve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat coolsteve is considered somewhat cool

I'll say it again, the Sonics will draft Hasheem Thabeet.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 06:37 AM   #11
I airball my layups

I heard he's the new Andray Blatche! ;)
Old 12-24-2007, 02:15 PM   #12
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

Quote:
I heard he's the new Andray Blatche! ;)

I heard he's gonna be a bust. Don't take him, Seattle. He'll end up even worse than the other piece of crap busts we have at C. Get a for-sure guy like Roy Hibbert, or take a chance on DeAndre Jordan, who could be a huge inside scoring thread.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:07 PM   #13
I airball my layups

haha its ok just a little joke between me and Steve.

We WOULD have drafted thabeet in the old days but now it's surely gonna be one of:

Love
Rose
Jordan
Hibbert
Gordon (at a push)
Old 12-24-2007, 06:25 PM   #14
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
haha its ok just a little joke between me and Steve.

We WOULD have drafted thabeet in the old days but now it's surely gonna be one of:

Love
Rose
Jordan
Hibbert
Gordon (at a push)

At a push? What does that mean?

Please, don't give us Kevin Love. He doesn't have the size to be a center, and we need that. Green can play the PF if needed. Rose is my favorite player in the draft, and I think he'll go either #1 or #2. Jordan has great potential, and if we had #3 I would have to decide long and hard between him and Gordon. We will likely only get Hibbert we get the 4th pick or worse.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:48 AM   #15
I airball my layups

'at a push' means I'd take the others over him- we dont need another scoring machine, we need to address other areas of concern first. Scorers are ten a penny anyway. I dont want Gilbert Arenas I want Elton Brand lol
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: