Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-08-2006, 07:37 AM   #16
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobedaman24
What are you talking about? That was probably the smartest thing Jerry West did with this team the whole season. Shane was getting old and he's not as good as he used to be after coming out of Duke. The Rockets are the stupid team. Rudy Gay is an underrated UConn player. Just watch his stats vs Battiers stats 07-08 season.

so you want me to watch this years stats coming up which is '06-07, or wait a year like u got '07,'08. like i said in my original post, the griz won't make the playoffs this year just because of the this trade. u must believe it yourself also or you dont know what year we live in. by the way shane was born sept. 9, 1978. he will be turning 28. that pretty old. its also called "prime". shane is a hustle player. he didn't have to score to be effective. so u can't compare the two. pau was born in 1980. i guess in two years you will call him old too. by the way do you know how a 7 footer can only average 7 boards a game. ask pau
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 07:55 AM   #17
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

Pau averaged 8.9 rebounds the last two seasons... 8.9 does not equal 7... but we could always ask Jared Jefferies who is 6'10 and grabs maybe 3... who signed him? if not, well just ask Jerome James.

also any mention of shane and stats is ridiculous... just look at his performance with the USA team. he has been unbelievable with his defense and selflessness and will never be given credit through statistics. so please dont hurt his rep by judging him with stats against another player... ever.

Last edited by J-Memphis : 08-08-2006 at 07:58 AM.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 11:50 AM   #18
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

KnicksFan4Life has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KF4L
Probably hanging himself because he decided not to take a fall so you guys could match up with Denver in the playoffs
correct answer
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 05:35 PM   #19
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Memphis
Pau averaged 8.9 rebounds the last two seasons... 8.9 does not equal 7... but we could always ask Jared Jefferies who is 6'10 and grabs maybe 3... who signed him? if not, well just ask Jerome James.

also any mention of shane and stats is ridiculous... just look at his performance with the USA team. he has been unbelievable with his defense and selflessness and will never be given credit through statistics. so please dont hurt his rep by judging him with stats against another player... ever.

for the record check espn. pau averaged 6.9 rebounds last year. he would be the third option on a championship team. but like i said shane is a player that ever team who wants to win needs. the rockets problems are injuries not talent but shane will make them better. of course the griz and knicks play the first game of the year in memphis. i will be there to watch the griz lose by 12 at home.
Old 08-09-2006, 06:34 PM   #20
kobedaman24
its ours nxt year LA09

kobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this boardkobedaman24 is popular on this board

I'd like to see the Grizz in 6th seed this season.
kobedaman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:59 PM   #21
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
for the record check espn. pau averaged 6.9 rebounds last year. he would be the third option on a championship team. but like i said shane is a player that ever team who wants to win needs. the rockets problems are injuries not talent but shane will make them better. of course the griz and knicks play the first game of the year in memphis. i will be there to watch the griz lose by 12 at home.
For the record your an idiot.Pau's stats are 20.4 pts, 8.9 rbs, 4.6 ast.I am from memphis I know what his damn stats are.Maybe in the playoffs they dropped to 6.9 that is tottaly possible.He is not a third option on a championship team unless you mean suns,mavericks,or heat.However pau would have no problem beign a third option cause he is not a selfish american baller like 80% of the nicks roster.Isiah cant coach worth **** the knicks will suck again.I will be in attendance for the opening game when pau and rudy gay dismantle the ***** I mean knicks.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:33 PM   #22
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
For the record your an idiot.Pau's stats are 20.4 pts, 8.9 rbs, 4.6 ast.I am from memphis I know what his damn stats are.Maybe in the playoffs they dropped to 6.9 that is tottaly possible.He is not a third option on a championship team unless you mean suns,mavericks,or heat.However pau would have no problem beign a third option cause he is not a selfish american baller like 80% of the nicks roster.Isiah cant coach worth **** the knicks will suck again.I will be in attendance for the opening game when pau and rudy gay dismantle the ***** I mean knicks.

think before u speak. lets take the elite teams of the league. san antoniio he would be behind duncan, parker, and ginonbli. so he would be fourth. on second thought he wouldn't be in s.a. because he don't play defense. take dallas. he'd be behind terry, of course nowitki, josh howard. 4th their too. avery would trade him cause he don't play defense. take suns. he would be behind amare , the matrix and steve nash. 4the again. but since pau is a jump shooter he don't fit there either. take miami. he's too soft for pat riley so he wouldn't make the cut there. even detroit wouldn't want him for two reasons. he don't defend at all which is their trademark and chauncey, prince and mcdyess and rasheed would put pau once again at least 4th. those are all title contenders. pau wouldn't fit. Analyze that dummy. while u so high on jerry west plead for a superstar. trade pau,mike miller and warrick for k.g. you need heart. and u still won't make the playoffs buster
Old 08-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #23
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
think before u speak. lets take the elite teams of the league. san antoniio he would be behind duncan, parker, and ginonbli. so he would be fourth. on second thought he wouldn't be in s.a. because he don't play defense. take dallas. he'd be behind terry, of course nowitki, josh howard. 4th their too. avery would trade him cause he don't play defense. take suns. he would be behind amare , the matrix and steve nash. 4the again. but since pau is a jump shooter he don't fit there either. take miami. he's too soft for pat riley so he wouldn't make the cut there. even detroit wouldn't want him for two reasons. he don't defend at all which is their trademark and chauncey, prince and mcdyess and rasheed would put pau once again at least 4th. those are all title contenders. pau wouldn't fit. Analyze that dummy. while u so high on jerry west plead for a superstar. trade pau,mike miller and warrick for k.g. you need heart. and u still won't make the playoffs buster
Wow apparently you can not read your smartass, well typed slam is exactly what I had previously said.I was saying those are the only championship teams pau would be a third option on and apparently,all you did is believe what your told pau's defense has gotten alot better.He has long arms,takes charges, and is able to stop people one on one alot more now then in hes first three years.Because he's european he will always be labeled as soft and defensless.Even if he averaged 3.0 blocks a game and 2.0 steals you morons would still say ''oh pau is weak''.Pau is 26 not even in prime yet the next four years are gonna be a fun time in memphis.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #24
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

First of all, Pau averaged 8.9 rebounds during the season and only averaged 7.3 in 2004-2005 when he missed 30 games due to injury. And we know what injuries will do to a season (TMac, Duncan, Allan Houston)... Yes, he averaged 6.8 rebounds in the playoffs. But its unfair to fail to mention that it was in only 4 games against a pretty decent Dallas team.

But I will say averaging 6.8 rebounds in the playoffs is better than 6.0 rebounds during the season... which New York Knick Eddy Curry did (in 72 games). So Ill reprase your question. How does a 7' C average 6 rebounds! Oh and at least he made the playoffs. Youre team didnt even make the lottery, but I bet Tyrus Thomas will look real nice with Ben Wallace in Chicago. There's always next draft. Greg Oden's sick... Oh wait... Chicago got that pick too.

Youre just hatin' on Pau because he went for 23/7/7/2 and 36/8/3/3 against the Knicks last year.

If you want further proof "for the record"...
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/player...g?statsId=3513

As for your "if Pau was on another team" comments, youre committing a classic Contrary to fact fallacy. This error refutes any argument you make. Its an elementary philosophical rule. You can say "if this" all day but none of it is legit. Because:

IF Pau were on one of the aforementioned championship calibur teams:

He wouldnt be teammates with every star just mentioned because of lineup and salary reasons. If he was on Dallas he could not fit in the same lineup as another offensive All Star PF and the two-center tandem used along with stars Josh Howard and Jason Terry. Theres not enough room. Also, if Pau were on Dallas, the salary situation would be ridiculous; the entire team would change... so much so we cant even really believe they would be in the championship calibur situation anymore. San Antonio could not pay for or play all Pau, TD, Manu, Tony Parker and company at the same time. PHX could not pay Amare, Steve, Marion, Diaw, Barbosa, etc. etc. alongside Pau.

True he may not ever be the number one on a championship calibur team, but you cannot assume he would not be number two using existing lineups because the rosters of the teams you are talking about would be significantly different with Pau on them.

You can say If Pau all you want... I'll only say one... "If Pau played in New York you wouldnt be here."

Last edited by J-Memphis : 08-10-2006 at 07:09 PM.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 09:20 PM   #25
jailer
MillionDollarException

Nice burn by j-memphis.Well just see who gets to talk trash come opening night.When pau and rudy routinely jam over the lathargic bigs for the knickerbockers.
Old 08-19-2006, 02:23 PM   #26
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Nice burn by j-memphis.Well just see who gets to talk trash come opening night.When pau and rudy routinely jam over the lathargic bigs for the knickerbockers.

Didn't feel the burn dude. It missed and hit you. And you riding it like a cheap hooker. But back to the thread. An all-star which Pau is should be able to will his team to at least one win in the post season. 3 straight seasons. 3 straight sweeps. Lets not bring up the knicks. That was a bad marriage that nobody wanted and the record showed. They sucked and they been terrible for the last 5 years. Inexcusable. But back to Pau. RAISE UP AND PLAY WITH SOME HEART!!! BE THE LEADER AND STOP LETTING FOLKS LEAD YOUR TEAM FOR YOU!!! Eddie Jones had more to say on that team than Pau. Inexcusable. J-Will won a championship after he left that pitiful situation along with Posey who also was a key member of your team. That was the worst trade Jerry West could ever do. You guys got nothing back. And he handed Miami some small keys to their championship. Those were some good role players you let walk. Now Lorenzen walked. Another role player who give a good effort but not the star Pau sopposed to be. By the way how many teams have made the playoffs their first trips there and have not won a single game. Only the Griz. 0-12 to you, Jerry West and all the others folks that accept mediocrity. You won't make the playoffs next year here's why.......

Not neccesssarily in this order....

!) Lakers - Kobe will his team in last year with nothing. He is young he can do it again.

2) San Antonio- Duncan, Parker, Ginobili. Enough for 50+ wins with anyone with them.

3) Phoenix- Amare is back, plus they didn't lose much without him. The other players stepped up. Pau can learn from that.

4) Dallas- Back to the finals they go. last year was no fluke. They just allowed D. Wade to dismantle them. They are mad now.

5)L.A. Clippers- They got game recognize it. They are pretty good. Elton is their true leader. Pau can learn from that.

6) Kings- They made the playoffs solely because of ron artest. Now he got a whole year with them. Watch out Griz. They gonna be the one to take you out.
7) Denver- They will fix their problems. Oh yeah even with everything going on with them, they made the playoffs.
8)Lastly watch out for Byron Scott. Coach of the year honors coming next year. New Orleans will make the playoffs behind that sensational Chris Paul dude.
Houston and Minnesota might be a tweener to get in. As long as they are healthy. Oh yeah Shane a rocket. Poor Griz.
All these teams are better than yours. Watch they won't be in the playoffs to lose anymore games.

Last edited by knickscity : 08-19-2006 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:35 PM   #27
jailer
MillionDollarException

Wow so houston wont make playoffs?The grizz wont either huh?I can see all of these teams making it they are good the lakers migh get in and I dont personally see the grizz making the playoffs but they will win 45 games next year.That is just ho good the west is in the east you can win 39 and get the 7th seed.After eddies contract is up we will see what the grizz get with the free agent money maybe billups?As for you getting burned you said the exact same thing that I did then you patted your self on the back.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:17 AM   #28
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Wow so houston wont make playoffs?The grizz wont either huh?I can see all of these teams making it they are good the lakers migh get in and I dont personally see the grizz making the playoffs but they will win 45 games next year.That is just ho good the west is in the east you can win 39 and get the 7th seed.After eddies contract is up we will see what the grizz get with the free agent money maybe billups?As for you getting burned you said the exact same thing that I did then you patted your self on the back.

For the record no team in the east has made the playoffs with just 39 wins except in the half season 98-99. Definitely not 7th seed. But you don't think the griz will make the playoffs either, huh? 45 is what the lakers had for 7th. You are right, those other teams will be better. I noticed you didn't comment on the miami trade the griz did. You must realize that J. West did a terrible job with that one.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #29
jailer
MillionDollarException

Nah I didnt comment cause it is not done yet.Once eddie is gone and his contract is off book will see what we can do with money.If west waste's it again like on a cardinal contract then miami tottaly screwed us.But if we get like a 4 star player then we will have done preety well.I didnt like the trade in terms of talent but in terms of maturity it was a good one.I loved poseys game but he got too full of himself here after one year.Neither j-will, posey or bonzi wanted to play behind pau they didnt think he could lead this team.Which is weird cause after he left he became an allstar for the first time but that does not prove he can lead, will see in time how pau turns out.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:32 PM   #30
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

I really doubt if West will let eddie's contract just fall off the books. Pau needs some help there. he will deal that contract. Stoudemire being hurt didn't help them either. But the main eason why West continues to bring in veteran players like j-will, stoudemire, eddie, bonzi, chucky atkins mainly is because those guys have are vets that West hope can help Pau become that leader himself. People on the team listened to them. Remember when Bonzi got suspended and the players started wearing his number in support? Although stupid, it's called respect. the coach didn't like it though and with good reason. Do you think that if Pau got suspended by the coach, any players now would show that same respect to Pau by putting number 16 on their shoe. Probably not because they aren't those knid of players on that team now but also because Pau hasn't earned that respect yet. Leaders will show it when it counts like when your down 0-3 in the playoffs.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: