Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #31
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

First off the only players to wear the band for bonzi was j-will,stro,and posey all of which are gone.coincidence I think not secondly j-will was not a vet when he got here he was that young brash exciting playmaker brought in to sell tickets.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 03:27 PM   #32
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
First off the only players to wear the band for bonzi was j-will,stro,and posey all of which are gone.coincidence I think not secondly j-will was not a vet when he got here he was that young brash exciting playmaker brought in to sell tickets.

Wrong dude. he was brought in too replace a dull playmaker. They wanted to go in a new direction. They felt J-will would bring more energy to the team and that would produce more wins which it did. Selling tickets had nothing to do with it. The arena still stays empty. It's not an NBA town yet. If that were the case the would have inquired about C-webb at that time. Sac got the better end of the deal anyway because bibby fit the coaches style of play. By the way two of those three above are champs now and played signifcant roles on a championship team. Thank Jerry for that. All you got now is a player nobody thinks is any good anymore. That is why riles got rid of him. Sometimes championships are made by gutting your whole roster and putting players in place who believe in their coach and vice versa.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #33
jailer
MillionDollarException

What are you talking about people in memphis loveed j-will still do.When he first came here people who new nothing about b ball loved the trade and bought tickets.HE WAS AND IS A FLASH PLAYER NOT THAT GOOD BUT GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES which is rile up fans and make cool plays.Please stop saying he has aring there are many players who have rings and were not that huge for there teams.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:12 AM   #34
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It was fun to watch J-will play for miami last year. I don't think the trade will benefit the griz personally though. But J-will was key to miami winning their championship. All J-will had to do was take shots when the team was relying way too much on d-wade. that is what j-will has done his whole career and he got rewarded for it.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:13 PM   #35
jailer
MillionDollarException

YEAH THATS WHAT J-WILL HAS BEEN DOING ALL HIS CAREER.Yeah he purposely takes crappy shots so when he has the ball the other teams start laughing so much that wade gets open for easy shot.Now I understand.Oh yeah I am not sure but how does j-will wear all 15 rings think he uses his feet also.I mean he did win it all.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:58 AM   #36
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
YEAH THATS WHAT J-WILL HAS BEEN DOING ALL HIS CAREER.Yeah he purposely takes crappy shots so when he has the ball the other teams start laughing so much that wade gets open for easy shot.Now I understand.Oh yeah I am not sure but how does j-will wear all 15 rings think he uses his feet also.I mean he did win it all.

All we can truly say is this.... J-WILL WAS ON THE ACTIVE PLAYOFF ROSTER FOR MIAMI. HE ALSO PLAYED DURING THOSE GAMES MIAMI PLAYED. HE DID EXACTLY WHAT PAT RILEY WANTED HIM TO DO WHICH IS SHOOT THE BALL , FORCE THE TEMPO. I belive he did those things. You know when he went 11 for 11 in a must win game, I doubt if dallas was really laughing. But he did what he can to help the team he play for win, and he got a ring, not 15 rings dude. Wade was the MVP, but he got help. he didn't average 98 points, 38 rebound, 18 assists, he didn't credit for those game six "6" blocks from Old 'Zo either. He was a great player on a team oriented team.
Old 08-22-2006, 10:33 PM   #37
jailer
MillionDollarException

Wade did average in mid thirties so uh whatever.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:45 PM   #38
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Yup
Old 08-24-2006, 01:15 AM   #39
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

J-Memphis has an OK reputation so far

to go back to the original question of the thread...

i think west is chillin', drinkin on something, watching clips of him hitting that 60 foot game-winning shot.

or maybe hes just smilin thinkin about his great draft.
J-Memphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:01 PM   #40
jailer
MillionDollarException

Im getting antsy I hope this is not it for grizz this year.
Old 08-26-2006, 03:57 PM   #41
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

West likes to shape up teams. That what he does. More will come. Alot more will come.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:13 PM   #42
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

that i do not doubt. i just assume it will happen after training camp or in the first few weeks of the season when West, Fratello, and everyone else has a better grasp of what this team can do.
Old 08-26-2006, 06:53 PM   #43
jailer
MillionDollarException

Yeah I didnt really like the kyle lowry pick wanted farmar or shannon brown.Those guys looked more prime to be explosive players.But then again west knows a hell of alot more then me.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:19 PM   #44
J-Memphis
I hit open layups

i would normally agree in a heartbeat, but lets not forget west is human too... a la the kedrick perkins and marcus banks for dahntay jones and toy bell trade.
Old 08-26-2006, 07:21 PM   #45
jailer
MillionDollarException

yes I to find myself saying wtf to his picks like every year but this one.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: