Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Sneaker Forum

Sneaker Forum Sneakers message board - basketball shoes forum board, basketball gear forum

Old 12-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #1
DukeRico
I airball my layups

DukeRico has an OK reputation so far
Default If you were CEO of Converse.

If you were CEO of Converse...what would you do different to make it a better basketball shoe?
DukeRico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default Re: If you were CEO of Converse.

Get better designers for the Wade series. Signature shoes define brands. Wade is such a marketable athlete but his shoes have sucked. Honestly, highering the prices of the shoes and going with a Sig shoe/Team shoe duo might fix the problem.

Another big thing is to have something special that others shoes don't. Converse seems to live in the past with so many of their ads talking about "old school flavor."

Nike has Shox and Air Max. Jordan comes out with new technology all the time from the differing soles to the carbon fiber arches. Adidas shoes always have new stuff like the T-Mac shoe with the thing to tighten it; plus, Adidas is known for its comfort.

Converse has nothing that makes it special. The designs generally look like stuff you've already seen Nike make or something thats completely ugly. They need to get that special something.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:54 PM   #3
DukeRico
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
Get better designers for the Wade series. Signature shoes define brands. Wade is such a marketable athlete but his shoes have sucked. Honestly, highering the prices of the shoes and going with a Sig shoe/Team shoe duo might fix the problem.

Another big thing is to have something special that others shoes don't. Converse seems to live in the past with so many of their ads talking about "old school flavor."

Nike has Shox and Air Max. Jordan comes out with new technology all the time from the differing soles to the carbon fiber arches. Adidas shoes always have new stuff like the T-Mac shoe with the thing to tighten it; plus, Adidas is known for its comfort.

Converse has nothing that makes it special. The designs generally look like stuff you've already seen Nike make or something thats completely ugly. They need to get that special something.

I agree with everything...the 90's seems the best time for Cons.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:14 AM   #4
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Well they need better marketing.

They have players like Wade, Kirk Hinrich, Chris Bosh and Andre Miller and only Wade has his 'own' shoes. Meaning the only ones that are really out there for the public.

Switch up Wades shoes and get some better designers like someone had said. Get some designers in there and put out shoes for atleast Chris Bosh if not him and Hinrich. They have 3 of the best young players in the league, use that to your advantage and market the hell out of them.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #5
DukeRico
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12

They have players like Wade, Kirk Hinrich, Chris Bosh and Andre Miller and only Wade has his 'own' shoes. Meaning the only ones that are really out there for the public.

Switch up Wades shoes and get some better designers like someone had said. Get some designers in there and put out shoes for atleast Chris Bosh if not him and Hinrich. They have 3 of the best young players in the league, use that to your advantage and market the hell out of them.

Bosh left and went to Nike.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:56 PM   #6
DukeRico
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptnKirk12

Once again I agree.
Old 01-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #7
TDotKnight
Can barely lace up my sneakers

TDotKnight has an OK reputation so far

I think the reasoning why Converse has no new school "flavour" is because they don't want to. Nike owns Converse and a big reason they bought converse was for their old school flavour. So I think Nike is going to keep going with that direction with Converse. I do agree that they should really work on D Wades Sig shoes and their other ball shoes, they could make so much money if they put effort into it. But I think all their effort is being put into the Chuck's.

Nike buying Converse> http://www.usatoday.com/sports/2003-...converse_x.htm
TDotKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:17 PM   #8
sacko20

sacko20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeRico
If you were CEO of Converse...what would you do different to make it a better basketball shoe?

I would bring back the weapon with all of those cool colors and have magic and bird endorse em again.
sacko20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #9
suns fan 4life

suns fan 4life has an OK reputation so far

stop all the attention on chucks (which are overayed btw) and start sighning mor nba stars like dwayne wade , but pick popular stars so then people will but cuz they like the player, keep iot mid ranged price , make good comercials like nike and yeh
suns fan 4life is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: