Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-26-2007, 01:34 AM   #16
NastaMaverick
College superstar

NastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNastaMaverick is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Best Movie Of 2007??

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
For me... it would be No Country For Old Men with Gone Baby Gone as a real close second.

Edit: Wow... I really didn't see that the poster above me had the same two movies. haha.

Edit again: I didn't realize it was Randy either. LOL.

Yeah, man, those two movies were awesome. The Coen brothers are back at the top with NCFOM, IMO. That was their best movie since Fargo (though I really like The Big Lebowski).

Also, I agree with you that Gone Baby Gone isn't getting the recognition it deserves. It should be nominated for best picture and best director at the Oscars.

Randy, did you happen to check out Roger Ebert's 10 best movies of the year? He put Juno at number 1 and No Country For Old Men at number 2. I still need to check out Juno... but I'm still shocked that it made number 1 on Roger Ebert's list.

I saw two movies this saturday... Charlie Wilson's War and I Am Legend. Neither were that great. Will Smith was good in I Am Legend but he was the only good thing about the movie. Charlie Wilson's War was okay but I don't think it should be nominated for anything.
I just got back from Juno. It was Amazing.
NastaMaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 02:08 AM   #17
RIP CITY
DETROIT BASKETBALL

RIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected posterRIP CITY is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Transformers and I Am Legend? And I'm sure your favorite musicians are Linkin Park, Kid Rock, and Limp Bizkit.

Ummm, okay. What does my taste in movies have anything to do with my taste in music?? Limp Bizkit sucks, Kid Rock has like 3 good songs, and Linkin Park is ok, but no where near my favorite band at all.

I haven't seen either of the movies you mentioned, but I will check them out sometime soon. Maybe I will change my mind, the ones I mentioned were just the best ones that I HAVE SEEN.
RIP CITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:07 AM   #18
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Mine was 300. I didn't get to see alot of flicks this year. But of all the ones i did see, that was my favorite.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 03:30 AM   #19
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Here's my respone to a "Best movie of 2007" from another board just recently. Needless to say, I couldn't pick just one movie, but if I had to it'd be either No Country For Old Men or Knocked Up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Really too hard to pick just one this year. Maybe, if I hadn't seen so many films it'd be easier to pick 2 or 3, but it's tough to exclude great films from a personal-favorites list.

Some really strong comedies came out, so I'll break my favorites up into "comedy" and "non-comedy".

Favorite comedy
1. Knocked Up
2. Walk Hard
3. Superbad
4. Juno
5. Darjeeling Limited
6. Hot Fuzz
7. Simpsons Movie
8. Ratatouille
9. Aqua Teen movie
10. Talk to Me

Favorite non-comedy
1. No Country For Old Men
2. Away From Her
3. Grindhouse (loved the double feature)
4. Sweeney Todd
5. Rescue Dawn
6. Sunshine
7. Eastern Promises
8. Shoot 'Em Up
9. The Mist
10. The Namesake

A few honorable mentions: The Orphanage, Zodiac, American Gangster, 300, Lars and the Real Girl, and Daywatch.

Did anybody else see any of these movies in theaters?
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:04 AM   #20
Selenium
Good High School Starter

Selenium is considered somewhat coolSelenium is considered somewhat cool

Still got a few of the candidates(Gone Baby Gone, No Country For Old Men, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, etc.) sitting on my hard drive, but my favorite film from this year that I've seen is 3:10 to Yuma.

Edit - Walk Hard is my favorite comedy of the year. So ****ing funny, even though it had a couple slow spots.

Last edited by Selenium : 12-26-2007 at 05:07 AM.
Selenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:39 AM   #21
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Harry Potter : Order of the Phoenix
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 06:03 AM   #22
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So far No Country for Old Men is the best for me. Though I have yet to see, I Am Legend, Gone Baby Gone and There Will Be Blood.

Superbad was great but I can't put a comedy as the best film. The Simpsons movie had great parts to it, but it just seemed like another new episode that has lost it's hilariousness (if that's a word) it once had. 300 was also a great film, kinda cheesy in parts, but good overall.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:07 AM   #23
Boogaloo
National High School Star

Boogaloo has decent reputationBoogaloo has decent reputation

Eastern Promises. Viggo Mortessen played that role wicked, a very underrated actor. wouldn't want to meet that character in an alley. Dint hear alot of buzz from this movie.
Boogaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:08 AM   #24
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium
Still got a few of the candidates(Gone Baby Gone, No Country For Old Men, The Diving Bell and the Butterfly, etc.) sitting on my hard drive, but my favorite film from this year that I've seen is 3:10 to Yuma.

Edit - Walk Hard is my favorite comedy of the year. So ****ing funny, even though it had a couple slow spots.

3:10 to yuma good? The last western I saw that I liked was Open Range.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:13 AM   #25
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

pirates of the carribean 3.

simpsons move

transformers

avp requiem.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 08:38 AM   #26
Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
So far No Country for Old Men is the best for me. Though I have yet to see, I Am Legend, Gone Baby Gone and There Will Be Blood.

Superbad was great but I can't put a comedy as the best film. The Simpsons movie had great parts to it, but it just seemed like another new episode that has lost it's hilariousness (if that's a word) it once had. 300 was also a great film, kinda cheesy in parts, but good overall.

I saw this last night and was HIGHLY impressed until about the last 15 minutes. If you haven't seen this movie and want to, DON'T! The ending is CRAPTASTIC.

WHAT THE F**KING SH*TASS CRAPOLA C*CKSUCKING ENDING IS THAT!?!? I was furious. The entire movie, I was like "I've got to see this again, I'm going to buy this! Best movie of the year!" And at the end I wanted to punch the author's mother in the throat for having such a dumbass writer as a son!
Tommy Lee Homo's monologue at the end (again: Gay times a billion) dint help the ending much either.

Anyways my 2 dolla and 2 cents.

Last edited by Boogaloo : 12-26-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:57 PM   #27
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Basketball#1
American Gangster was the best movie I've seen this year.

Just saw that. Great movie! Denzel did such a powerful performance as usual. Ridley Scott is genius director.

Others are 'No Country' and I'm going to see 'There Will Be No Blood' tonight. I know that's going to be a hit already. PT Anderson is a genius.

I saw 'Eastern Promises' the other night and I wasn't impressed. I love Cronenburg movies but this isn't as good as I expected.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 01:00 PM   #28
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
Here's my respone to a "Best movie of 2007" from another board just recently. Needless to say, I couldn't pick just one movie, but if I had to it'd be either No Country For Old Men or Knocked Up.

Did anybody else see any of these movies in theaters?

You just got mad respect from me...

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie For Theaters

PS, The Simpsons Movie just felt like an overly long episode of the Simpsons.....
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:00 PM   #29
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

All of the movies I saw at the theater this year...

1.) The Messengers
2.) Smokin' Aces
3.) Wild Hogs
4.) Premonition
5.) TMNT
6.) Grindhouse
7.) Disturbia
8.) Vacancy
9.) Ocean's 13
10.) Pirates of the Caribbean 3
11.) I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry
12.) License to Wed
13.) The Simpsons Movie
14.) Live Free Or Die Hard
15.) 1408
16.) SuperBad
17.) Halloween
18.) The Brave One
19.) The Heartbreak Kid
20.) Gone Baby Gone
21.) Ghost Rider
22.) American Gangster
23.) No Country For Old Men
24.) Charlie Wilson's War
25.) I Am Legend
26.) Blades of Glory

New movies I saw on DVD this year...

Spider-Man 3
Knocked Up
The Lookout

Last edited by ConanRulesNBC : 12-26-2007 at 05:15 PM.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2007, 05:02 PM   #30
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Transformers.

My favorite of the year is definitely There Will Be Blood. It might be the best movie I've ever seen.

Yeah, that's what I hear. Gotta, Gotta, see it.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: