Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 01-04-2008, 12:13 AM   #61
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Best Movie Of 2007??

Just came back from seeing Juno. Good movie.

Felt it could have done a better job at punching the viewer in the gut....cause that's what unexpectedly having a kid at 16 feels like.

But it had a good storyline, good acting and comedic elements.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:31 AM   #62
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Anyone who has Transformers on their list should either:

A. Be shot in the balls.
B. Forced to buy No Country For Old Men, Gone Baby Gone, and Michael Clayton on DVD and watch them each twice daily.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #63
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Bourne Ultimatum was by far the best film in what I believe to have been a lackluster year for the film industry.

The Simpsons Movie was actually very good, and went well beyond my expectations; especially considering I'm a only a somewhat fan of the legendary cartoon itself.

Superbad was good, but not that good.

An underrated movie to me was 1408 (I believe this was a Blockbuster Exclusive?).
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:35 AM   #64
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Bourne Ultimatum was by far the best film in what I believe to have been a lackluster year for the film industry.

The Simpsons Movie was actually very good, and went well beyond my expectations; especially considering I'm a only a somewhat fan of the legendary cartoon itself.

Superbad was good, but not that good.

An underrated movie to me was 1408 (I believe this was a Blockbuster Exclusive?).

1408 was indeed an underrated movie

I agree with you in that it was a lackluster year for movies. However, I feel like the Simpsons should be thrown into that same category as well. Personally, I didn't find any of the humor in it to be very memorable at all. Then again, I'm a diehard fan of the show, so my expectations were probably different than yours.

Spiderman III was easily the most overrated piece of emo-garbage of the year. Tobey MaGuire's giant ego simply required that the spidey mask be ripped at all times so that we could see his face during 75 percent of the action scenes.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #65
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

I agree with you in that it was a lackluster year for movies. However, I feel like the Simpsons should be thrown into that same category as well. Personally, I didn't find any of the humor in it to be very memorable at all. Then again, I'm a diehard fan of the show, so my expectations were probably different than yours.

Spiderman III was easily the most overrated piece of emo-garbage of the year. Tobey MaGuire's giant ego simply required that the spidey mask be ripped at all times so that we could see his face during 75 percent of the action scenes.
I don't think it was a lackluster year for movies, but there wasn't a clear cut classic of a movie released this year, but a lot of very good movies. Also, did anyone think Spider-Man III was a good movie because I thought it was pretty indefensible.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:51 AM   #66
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

I don't see how it's been a lackluster year at all, out of movies I've seen No Country For Old Men, Superbad, Juno, American Ganster, Eastern Promises, & Hot Rod were great. And for movies I haven't seen but are supposed to be great, Michael Clayton, Gone Baby Gone, Atonement, Rendition, Great Debaters, Before the Devil Knows You're Gone, Sweeney Todd, There Will Be Blood (when the **** is this actually coming out btw), etc.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:22 PM   #67
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
Saw Eastern Promises last night. Good movie, but it felt like it was missing something.

Plus the movie ended too abruptly for my liking. Some movies do it well and it leaves you thinking....this one just ended and I don't know why it did.

It was engaging while it lasted though and the director definitely likes Vigo's genitals.

I just assumed it was Cronenberg's style since History of Violence ended the same way. I kind of like the ending, the plot was pretty much wrapped up anyway, kind of lets the viewer decide what Nikolai (sp?) does after becoming the boss. Sick fight scene except for the shots of his sack.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #68
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Rescue Dawn was another one I really liked but forgot to mention.

Great movie.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:07 PM   #69
Doctor Zizmor
Great young streetballer

Doctor Zizmor has an OK reputation so far

Control was very, very good
Doctor Zizmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #70
K-Mart
High School JV MVP

K-Mart has an OK reputation so far

No Country for Old Men easily WOW!!

Bourne Ultimatum What a way to finish off the series
K-Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:18 PM   #71
K-Mart
High School JV MVP

K-Mart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

Agreed I watched it with 2 of my buddy's just plain Awful spiderman 3 that is.
K-Mart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 10:31 PM   #72
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Randy, you didn't like Juno? I loved it, man. I thought it was better than both Knocked Up and SuperBad. Ellen Page gave a fantastic performance. Easily my second favorite movie of the year.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:29 AM   #73
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
Randy, you didn't like Juno? I loved it, man. I thought it was better than both Knocked Up and SuperBad. Ellen Page gave a fantastic performance. Easily my second favorite movie of the year.

Hell no. The scene between her and Rainn Wilson made me cringe it was so bad.

Quote:
Your eggo is preggo, home skillet!

Quote:
Silencio! I just drank my weight in Sunny D!

Quote:
Honest to blog?

Quote:
Desperately seeking spawn!

Terrible, terrible dialogue. TERRIBLE. Most overrated movie of the whole year by far.

Jennifer Garner was the best actor in whole thing.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 01:08 AM   #74
Lakers Legend#32
Decent college freshman

Lakers Legend#32 has decent reputation

Nobody will remember it, but The Hoax with Richard Gere was the best movie of '07.
Lakers Legend#32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:10 AM   #75
FOYE4MVP
minnesota timberwolves

FOYE4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Best:

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Superbad
Knocked Up
Simpsons
Ghost Rider
Bourne Ultimatum

worst:

transformers
beowulf

Last edited by FOYE4MVP : 01-05-2008 at 06:23 AM.
FOYE4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: