Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 12-25-2007, 11:12 PM   #1
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation
Default Team Needs: Preparing for Draft '08

What do you think are our needs so far into the season? Atlanta won't be getting a first round pick this year unless acquired by trade, but discuss some prospects that you like, and maybe some sleepers that you think we could pick up in the 2nd round.

For the Hawks, I think we need a legitimate long-term point guard. I'm not a believer in Acie Law, but I don't think we'll be trading him after one year. Jose Calderon is an intriguing trade prospect, but with T.J. Ford's not-so-great health, he would be very hard to pluck. I'm not a fan of taking one in the 2nd round, either. Maybe we should go after a young, under the radar guy from another team in exchange for one of our guys. Marvin Williams could potentially be available for trade if we want to get into the lottery. If that's the case, then Derrick Rose and Jerryd Bayless are also intriguing prospects. I don't see this happening, though.

Secondly, I think we need to get a banger down low that can play center next to Horford. Preferably, an athletic center. This, too, will be hard to get, but if we were to trade Marvin, we could get DeAndre Jordan or DeVon Hardin + filler. Tyson Chandler would be an ideal guy to pair with Horford because of his rebounding, but inside scoring would not be much improved.

If we were to stick with our 2nd round pick, then we should be aggressive and take a reach if we find a guy with a lot of potential. Longar Longar wouldn't be a bad pick, because he'd provide us with athleticism, and could become a good bench player in the future.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: