Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 12-27-2007, 06:15 AM   #1
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Review Atlanta - Indiana game.

Ok serious this game sucked big time.

Murphy and Rush are the only ones who makes an OK game.

the rest sucked.

Tinsley 0-8 from the 3pt line, if you miss 5 straight, STOP shooting!
But no one wanted to shoot the ball so Tinsley had to shoot it but still you can get better shots Tinsley.

JO was good in the start off the game but then he was a no show.

Dunleavy, wow was he even playing the game? He was a ghost-man, you could not even notice him.

Granger, he is young and have potential but someone needs to show this kid how to get open och dribble(make a move with the ball) and make the goddamn layups. Plus Granger missed clutch FT.

Foster, oh right I forgot about him, he tried and did a good job at the glass.

Ike, wow did he suck or what? But to his defense he has been injured, prolly a little bit rusty. He could not make his inside shoots or layups.

My conclusion what we need is:
A scorer, a natural outside scorer. Granger and Dunleavy seems like they do not want the ball when its crunch time. Tinsley can not do it since he is a poor shooter. JO does his best but he can not shoot the 3s when needed.

Defense: Our defense SUCCCCKKKS! We need better perimeter defenders. Granger was handchecking Joe Johnson the whole time. Murphy and Dunleavy are BAAAAD defenders and dont get me started on Rush. But atleast Rush tried tonight, he fought and did his best. Tinsley is lazy, he is so lazy he does not even have the energy to go out and put a hand in the shooters face.

Discuss the game here.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Review Atlanta - Indiana game.

boy, am i glad i missed this game! we lost to the hawks? geez, but i can't say i'm surprised. we have that intangibility to beat great teams and lose to crappy teams.

if granger was handchecking johnson all night, that pretty much means he knows he couldn't keep up w/ him speed-wise. i don't really think danny is a playmaker type of player yet. he mostly takes set shots from the perimeter and i don't think he ever really takes anyone off the dribble.

tinsley is notorious for being a chucker. i complain about this all the time! he needs to make the extra pass, just like they tell u from middle school basketball on up. it's a fundamental part of an active and productive offense and he just doesn't do it. i feel he doesn't have faith in his teammates' shooting when he should feel the same way about himself. he's more productive staying in the spot he is intended for, running the plays, passing the ball, and slashing to the basket.

i have no clue what happened to dunleavy. he was on a streak. was.

i don't really have a comment for murphy. he's a near 7' shooting center w/ hardly any defensive skills and is hardly worth the $ he's recieving. he would probably be a superstar overseas but not here. he was the part of the IND/GS that made me sick.

ike has been out of it for a while. i hear that it takes some time to get back into the swing of the speed of the game and i'm starting to believe it.

rush isn't a reliable shooter. he's not the answer that we were looking for when the season started. he's a decent player, but not the dominate scorer that we desperately need.

i agree, miller time. we need a scorer who has the ability to draw defenders off of other players to allow them to get freed up, such as o'neal around the basket. we either need to pray that we get a good pick or trade up somehow soon.

Last edited by jbot : 12-27-2007 at 02:02 PM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:10 PM   #3
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Miller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected posterMiller Time is a pretty well-respected poster

yeah Jbot agree with all you said.

Dunleavy and Murphy need to go, too bad their contracts sucks.

I like Dunleavy but his contract makes me sick. Hopefully he picks up his game again or we need to trade him. :/

We also need a better backup PG.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:18 PM   #4
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time

We also need a better backup PG.

yep. apparently diener wasn't the answer. he has turned into a benchwarmer just like he was in ORL. what's up w/ him???
Old 12-27-2007, 02:24 PM   #5
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
yep. apparently diener wasn't the answer. he has turned into a benchwarmer just like he was in ORL. what's up w/ him???

no idea, all I know is that Jim O'brien thinks Diener is so bad that he wont even let him play one minute.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #6
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stop being so down on the team guys, everyone has a bad game...
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 03:24 PM   #7
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
Stop being so down on the team guys, everyone has a bad game...

Im just facing reality.
Old 12-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #8
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time

I like Dunleavy but his contract makes me sick. Hopefully he picks up his game again or we need to trade him. :/
Pick up his game or we trade him? Have you not been watching him all season long? Dude's been playing at an amazing level, he's been so consistent. He's shooting almost 50% from the field, and over 40% from downtown. And you're gonna say he needs to pick his game up? Give the guy a break, he had a bad game and you want to trade him. What a horrible fan you are. Dunleavy is the best player on our team right now dude. Where's Granger been? He was ridiculously bad the last game, and over the last several games he's been crap.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:56 PM   #9
jbot
Future D1 Dad

heh. i like playing the devil's advocate. i always gripe when we lose, especially to a junky team, but i do like the team the way it is. i have no beef w/ dunleavy as he's been playing outstanding lately.

we just need to stay focused and our role players need to step up when our starters aren't getting it done.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:19 PM   #10
marny_navis
Banned

marny_navis has decent reputation

Quote:
Pick up his game or we trade him? Have you not been watching him all season long? Dude's been playing at an amazing level, he's been so consistent. He's shooting almost 50% from the field, and over 40% from downtown. And you're gonna say he needs to pick his game up? Give the guy a break, he had a bad game and you want to trade him. What a horrible fan you are. Dunleavy is the best player on our team right now dude. Where's Granger been? He was ridiculously bad the last game, and over the last several games he's been crap.

Man, catz, you must be one of those guys sitting with their arms folded barking [or meowing, rather] at anyone who doesn't agree with their views. Just chill and understand that not everyone shares the same ideas as yourself.
marny_navis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:21 PM   #11
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
Man, catz, you must be one of those guys sitting with their arms folded barking [or meowing, rather] at anyone who doesn't agree with their views. Just chill and understand that not everyone shares the same ideas as yourself.

"in the red corner, fighting out of west lafayette, indiana...catzhernandez! in the blue corner, hailing from somewhere in iowa...marny davis! i want a clean fight, boys. you've got that, catz? touch gloves and come out swinging!"

Old 12-27-2007, 10:26 PM   #12
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
"in the red corner, fighting out of west lafayette, indiana...catzhernandez! in the blue corner, hailing from somewhere in iowa...marny davis! i want a clean fight, boys. you've got that, catz? touch gloves and come out swinging!"

Haha I got my ass kicked boxing by a kid a head shorter than me. I doubt I could take catz.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 10:30 PM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Three
Haha I got my ass kicked boxing by a kid a head shorter than me. I doubt I could take catz.

just put a roll of quarters in each glove and go for the groin.
Old 12-27-2007, 11:50 PM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marny_navis
NO

It's just ridiculous how the guy has one bad game, and he wants to go straight for the jugular. Why would we trade this guy if he "keeps this up"? He's been consistent, don't talk about trading a guy after a bad game, give the guy a break. I'm not a nazi with my views, I understand people can have views, this just doesn't make sense to me.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:40 AM   #15
Miller Time
the fighting mongooses

Quote:

now you need to listen closely. You are a homer, thats for sure and yeah thats a good thing, we all love pacers here. But if we got lets say we get a player you hate (Smush???) to Pacers, and you would love him and say how good he is. Me, I am a fan of Pacers but, I still dont overrate all Pacers players. Mike is good, I said that I liked him.

Its just that he is not a threat, the other team does not care about him, he does not draw double teams, he is not a go to guy. If a team has Dunleavy as a go to guy, its sad. I know that we cant get much from Dunleavy (contract issues) but I just said if this was some kind of fantasy/NBA 2k8 I would trade him for someone the other team are afraid off. Like oh no not Ray Allen he is going to shoot lights out tonight, we need to be glued on him so he does not get an open shot. We need someone we always can rely on in crunch time, like Reggie Miller. And we cant trade Granger (he is still young and have a future). Thats why I said Dunleavy if someone needs to go because he is in that position we need a better player (which is impossible I know because no one wants to trade their player for him). I just said IF IF IF IF we want to get better thats what we need. A "star" SG.

Now go back to your fantasy land where Dunleavy = Michael Jordan.

END OF STORY.

Written by Miller Time.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: