Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 10-15-2010, 10:40 AM   #781
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: What game are you playing now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal
How is Castlevania? I've been thinkin of getting that, but I dunno. Some cock gobbler was trying to say it's a God of War ripoff, and it's making me think twice about getting it since I'm not a fan of that game. Of course, God of War is a Devil May Cry/Shadow of the Collossus ripoff anyway.

Iíve read a lot of comparisons between God of War and this new Castlevania. Let me start off by saying that I loved God of War. In my honest opinion, they do share some similarities. The combat seems more involved and intricate in Castlevania. The amount of moves you can buy is huge, plus those moves get modified with magic later in the game. For example, thereís a magic that will allow you to suck life with each blow. That comes in handy because CV is not as easy as other hack n slash games. While itís not as smooth running and as grand looking as GOW (the fixed camera makes you look small sometimes), itís still fun and challenging. In a game of this type anything over 12+ hours and youíre getting your moneyís worth. CV runs about 15-20 hours. GOW was about 10-12 hours. If letís say I gave GOW a 10, I would give CV an 8.5.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #782
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I've played a bit of Castlevania and it seems pretty cool so far. I never played GOW (I don't have a PS3), so I can't really say if it's a rip off or not.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:54 AM   #783
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Resident Evil 5
Madden '10
NBA2k10

Soon to be NBA2k11 and Fallout New Vegas
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:34 AM   #784
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As well as a few others. Debating whether or not to bother with Fable 1(which I have installed) considering Fallout: New Vegas comes out in a few days.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 05:31 AM   #785
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements

As well as a few others. Debating whether or not to bother with Fable 1(which I have installed) considering Fallout: New Vegas comes out in a few days.

There's part of me that envy's you, but then I think to myself I can still buy alcohol :)
Old 10-16-2010, 05:40 AM   #786
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
There's part of me that envy's you, but then I think to myself I can still buy alcohol :)

I can buy alcohol as well. I'm not spending much time with any title outside of 2K11. I might play a mission in BC2, or GTA4: BoGT, every other day or so, which takes all of ten minutes usually, a Typing of the Dead round to improve my typing which takes about five minutes, and Worms when I'm watching sports during commercials or whatever...not as bad as it seems.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:32 AM   #787
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

My first music game ever. Very addicting. Good mix selection.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #788
SayTownRy
Regular Season Team

SayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat coolSayTownRy is considered somewhat cool

super meat boy. so frustrating, yet so rewarding... not unlike the late 80's - early 90's games it has drawn inspiration from.
SayTownRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #789
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

2k11 mostly and some game for ps2 and it involves me killing things with a key for a sword with ****ing goofy and donald lol very interesting thus far ..
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:52 PM   #790
dd24
College superstar

I just bought Fable 3 about 10 minutes ago. I've been looking forward to playing this one for a while now....
Old 10-26-2010, 05:47 PM   #791
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

As of now I'm full-on into the Fallout: New Vegas universe.... with a little NBA 2k11 here and there.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:26 PM   #792
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
As of now I'm full-on into the Fallout: New Vegas universe.... with a little NBA 2k11 here and there.

How's that new Fallout game treating you? I haven't had a chance to play it yet.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:24 PM   #793
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Tomb Raider Aniversry

if you like Legend or Underworld, you will like this. If not, you won't.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #794
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #795
DPittman
Banned

DPittman is a pretty well-respected posterDPittman is a pretty well-respected posterDPittman is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
2k11 mostly and some game for ps2 and it involves me killing things with a key for a sword with ****ing goofy and donald lol very interesting thus far ..

just started replaying that game yesterday
DPittman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: