Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-28-2007, 02:06 PM   #1
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default Chris Kaman: All-Star

Call it intuition or just a feeling, but since the coaches get to choose one spot for the all-star game, I believe we will see Mr. Kaman become an All-Star center this year. He's a coaches dream and coaches from many other teams have spoken positively about their feelings as to him in the past. He can use both hands, is dependable, young, and has a great work ethic. Kaman will be an All-Star this year.

My question is this: If Kaman is an all-star, does that put a ceiling on our price and willingness to spend to keep Brand?
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #2
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Chris Kaman: All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
Call it intuition or just a feeling, but since the coaches get to choose one spot for the all-star game, I believe we will see Mr. Kaman become an All-Star center this year. He's a coaches dream and coaches from many other teams have spoken positively about their feelings as to him in the past. He can use both hands, is dependable, young, and has a great work ethic. Kaman will be an All-Star this year.

My question is this: If Kaman is an all-star, does that put a ceiling on our price and willingness to spend to keep Brand?

I hope he's an all-star because he deserves it fully.

As far as Chris and Elton goes, I think we'll keep Elton, unless he asks for way too much. I just have a feeling he'll pick up his Player Option and then look for big money next offseason. Chris and Elton can really form the best post duo in the league if both play well. I can see Elton getting 21/10/2.3 blocks with Kaman chipping in a very solid 17/11 with 2.6 blocks
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 06:37 PM   #3
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

I can't wait until they can play together this season.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:17 AM   #4
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
I can't wait until they can play together this season.

I just hope EB doesn't rush it back and further injure himself.
Old 12-29-2007, 05:19 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Kaman Thinks He's an All-Star

Quote:

Ask Chris Kaman if he thinks he is playing like an All-Star and the answer is short and sweet.

"Of course," he said. "But I'm not an arrogant person. I'm not going to sit here and boast about myself, but I think I'm playing like an All-Star. But whether or not I make the All-Star team isn't up to me."

It's up to the voting fans and the Western Conference coaches, and so far it looks like the fans have other centers in mind.

Yao Ming leads a crowded field of Western Conference centers, with the Suns' Amare Stoudemire trailing him in the latest balloting released Thursday. Kaman, averaging 18.3 points and 13.8 rebounds after a disappointing 2006-07, is 10th with 66,315 votes, some seven spots behind the Dallas Mavericks' Erick Dampier, who is averaging 4.5 points and 6.3 rebounds.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/clippers/la-sp-cliprep29dec29,1,6701115.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-clippe&ctrack=1&cset=true

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:24 PM   #6
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kaman Thinks He's an All-Star

Wow. He's matured a lot. That was a great answer.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 09:33 PM   #7
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kaman deserves to be the back up center in to Yao in this seasons all star game...

I doubt hell get the honor.. but I dont question his deserving it..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:08 AM   #8
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

Kaman should be the starting center... even ahead of Yao.

And I think the Bulls were going to sign Brand?
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:30 PM   #9
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix

what chu talkin bout?
Old 12-31-2007, 11:53 PM   #10
Remix
SONICS FAN SINCE '10

Remix has decent reputation

I could have sworn I saw an article labeled something like "Elton to return to Chicago."

I'll look.

It's old now... http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ulls-headlines

Last edited by Remix : 12-31-2007 at 11:59 PM.
Remix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:59 PM   #11
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
I could have sworn I saw an article labeled something like "Elton to return to Chicago."

I'll look.

I would like to see a ...hehe... link to that

By the way.. not only is EB currently still injured but also still under contract

He is YET to become a free agent...

what I would believe... is that you may have seen a title more like:

"Elton Brand May Be Considering A Return To Chicago" or "Chicago Seeking To Sign Brand"

Old 01-01-2008, 12:06 AM   #12
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Kaman should be the starting center... even ahead of Yao.

No, Kaman is playing very well, but Yao is playing better and is on a better team.

Quote:

Bulls won't have the cap space to ink Elton, and with how EB left Chicago, I highly doubt that he'll go back over there. I don't see the Clippers and Bulls trading any time soon either, with how badly the Clippers raped them on the Chandler/Skinner for Elton trade. If they do, only way I would trade EB to Chicago is if a combo of Deng/TT/Hinrich is in the deal and we get no bad contracts, or if we get one of those, a key role player and got to dump Thomas' deal.

Only places I can see Elton WANTING to go is either the Knicks/Nets[NY is a big market, and he's a movie producer as well] or to the 76ers since Phila has the money and can put in a nice argument that they will be a top squad soon with Igoudala, Young, Dalembert and more youth.

In the end though, I don't think Elton will decline his PO because he knows if he does, he won't get a max or 14 mil plus deal like I think he would be looking for coming directly off a big injury. If he picks up his Player Option, he can get a big payday next season coming off a healthy season, and possibly dominating, depending on what the Clippers do this offseason, which is such a vital one for the team.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:50 AM   #13
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
No, Kaman is playing very well, but Yao is playing better and is on a better team.

Bulls won't have the cap space to ink Elton, and with how EB left Chicago, I highly doubt that he'll go back over there. I don't see the Clippers and Bulls trading any time soon either, with how badly the Clippers raped them on the Chandler/Skinner for Elton trade. If they do, only way I would trade EB to Chicago is if a combo of Deng/TT/Hinrich is in the deal and we get no bad contracts, or if we get one of those, a key role player and got to dump Thomas' deal.

Only places I can see Elton WANTING to go is either the Knicks/Nets[NY is a big market, and he's a movie producer as well] or to the 76ers since Phila has the money and can put in a nice argument that they will be a top squad soon with Igoudala, Young, Dalembert and more youth.

In the end though, I don't think Elton will decline his PO because he knows if he does, he won't get a max or 14 mil plus deal like I think he would be looking for coming directly off a big injury. If he picks up his Player Option, he can get a big payday next season coming off a healthy season, and possibly dominating, depending on what the Clippers do this offseason, which is such a vital one for the team.

YEAH... WHAT HE SAID...
Old 01-12-2008, 02:17 AM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't believe how little credit this guy is getting. He could possibly be the most underrated player in the L.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:51 AM   #15
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
I can't believe how little credit this guy is getting. He could possibly be the most underrated player in the L.
That is because we have a losing record. If we were winning like the other LA team, he would be getting much more attention like the Lakers Center is getting. Don't get me wrong Bynam is playing great and he will be a strong force in years to come but Kaman's numbers are so great and yet he is being ignored by the bias press. I just hope he gets the recognition he deserves by the All Star coaching staff.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: