Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-01-2008, 01:16 AM   #1
stewen12
Banned

stewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation herestewen12 has an incredible reputation here
Default Which Point Guard would best fit the heat? OJ MAYO?

In the upcoming draft which point guard do you think would best fit the Heat. I think OJ Mayo because of his size. But he may not put up enough assits, a little disfunctional too.
stewen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Which Point Guard would best fit the heat? OJ MAYO?

Mayo is a long term project if he is to play the point. He is sometimes to selfish for a SG, much less PG. His best fit would be a run and gun team that just wants a scoring guard.

You would have to say Rose. A Rose/Wade backcourt would be awesome in a couple years. It is hard to believe that would happen though unless the Heat get some luck and land in the top 2.

Other than that Bayless is the best fit for sure, and I think the most likely choice. He is talented, but again, won't step right in and be a great PG. He will take a few years before he is ready to help take this team back to the playoffs as a starter.

I do agree that this team would be smart to grab Jordan if he is still available. If they are going to rebuild this team around Wade, Jordan is a solid starting point.

Regardless of position, Beasley would be the best pick though. Cook and Wright are backups to Beasley. You can't pass up a potential star for a couple of backups.

I do, however, think Miami will start winning some games. I think more likely they are picking around the 10th pick. At that position, I think Hibbert may get a look, as would Collison and Arthur because those three should be able to step in and make some kind of impact in year one or two. If they look more for the future I think Bayless could slip some and Greene, Griffin, Koufus, and maybe even Love or Budinger would get looks at that spot as both of those guys could play some right away while having a lot of potential.

No matter what, I think this team could use help at every position except SG, so I would expect them to take the best player available.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:30 AM   #3
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

i dont mind seeing rose and wade playing together..
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
BBallGuru08
I brick open layups

BBallGuru08 has an OK reputation so far

Jerryd Bayless would be a great prospect for Miami who remind me a lot of Tony Parker.
BBallGuru08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #5
thefaint287
Can barely lace up my sneakers

thefaint287 has an OK reputation so far

I agree with Mayo
thefaint287 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: