Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 12-28-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
sdavis1781
I airball my layups

Default This Will Make Us A Contender, What Do U Think??

The goal in trade number 1 is to get Mobley out. Hes good but not 9mil a year good.
Trade Mobley, Ross and first round draft pick for Caron Butler. I have no problem getting rid of a draft pick since we never draft talent and we need veterans, no more rookies.

Trade 2 is if we really think Magette is going to leave. Trade Maggette and 2nd rnd pick for Josh Howard. The players are even but both teams need a change.

Offseason is where we need to get a point guard. We dont sign Livingston or we can give him 2mil a year(Hes good but cant wait for him) and not sign Sam Cassell we could get a point. Cassell is a great leadear but we cant pay him 6mil a year. I would sign Jose Calderon of Tronto, he's a guy that will get assists and with this team could be a 10pt 10+ast guy.

08-09 Roster
Kaman
Brand
Butler
Howard
Calderon
Bench
Thmoas
Thorton
Davis
Knight
The trades work out money wise, would you like to see this team next year??? LOOK OUT BOSTON!!!!
sdavis1781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 05:16 AM   #2
qrich
King Heno

Default Re: This Will Make Us A Contender, What Do U Think??

Good ideas, but, it will never happen.

Washington won't trade Butler for Cat's contract unless we end up with Beasley[they got no need for Rose and Mayo with Agent 0], and even then, I wouldn't trade Beasley for Agent 0.

Mavs won't swap JHo for CMagg, just can't see it happening. Howard was drafted and groomed by the Mavericks, and they won't deal him for an expiring contract, and I doubt we can get Maggette signed to another cheap deal.

Raptors won't let Calderon walk, even more so after what happened to TJ Ford and his injury problems. A more likely scenario:

Clippers draft Michael Beasley

S&T Corey Maggette to the 76ers for Rodney Carney and 2nd round pick, ending up being Sean Singletary.

Clippers bring over Sofoklis Schortnantis from Greece.

Elton Brand picks up his player option.

Sam Cassell is signed to a 1 year minimum deal and Livingston is given a 3 year, 8 mil extension. Quinton Ross is signed to a 5 year 23.5 mil. Paul Davis is signed to a 2 year, 4.5 mil extension. Aaron Williams is let go, Josh Powell's option is picked up.

2008/09 Depth Chart:
PG: Brevin Knight | Shaun Livingston | Sam Cassell
SG: Quinton Ross | Cuttino Mobley | Sean Singletary
SF: Al Thornton | Tim Thomas | Rodney Carney
PF: Elton Brand | Michael Beasley | Sofoklis
CE: Chris Kaman | Paul Davis | Josh Powell

That team is very solid everywhere, except maybe at PG. After the season, it's a toss-up if we keep Elton or not, but Beasley|Kaman|Elton will be a scary post rotation with the defensive guards in Knight and Ross and Thornton slashing to the hoop at will. Thomas and Mobley will end up hitting open looks and Singletary seems to be a nice young quick combo guard.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:35 AM   #3
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

Picture this:

We draft Michael Beasley

We could have the most physical, versatile, fun to watch squad in the NBA if we made this our line-up:

Livingston
Maggette/Thornton (depending on whether Maggette opts out)
Beasley
Brand
Kaman

I've always been a fan of playing big ball, because you still have three 3-point shooters (even though the jury's still out on Livingston), and Maggette can play SG, he just would rather not. However, if we move the ball fast, and always look into the post, this could be an amazing squad, even if we lose Maggette.

:party2:
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 04:26 PM   #4
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
Picture this:

We draft Michael Beasley

We could have the most physical, versatile, fun to watch squad in the NBA if we made this our line-up:

Livingston
Maggette/Thornton (depending on whether Maggette opts out)
Beasley
Brand
Kaman

I've always been a fan of playing big ball, because you still have three 3-point shooters (even though the jury's still out on Livingston), and Maggette can play SG, he just would rather not. However, if we move the ball fast, and always look into the post, this could be an amazing squad, even if we lose Maggette.

Interesting, didn't think of it that way. Dunleavy LOVES the matchup offense, and what better way then to have a 6'7 pg, Maggette at SG and Beasley abusing opposing SF's in the post.

A scenario I came up with off what you put:

We draft Beasley and Singletary[yes, I have a man crush on him]. We bring over Sofoklis. Let Aaron and Davis walk along with Frahm and Dickau. Give Ross a 5 year/20 mil extension, give Shaun a 2 year/8 mil extension.

S&T Maggette to the 76ers for the Jazz pick and Rodney Carney[we use Jazz 1st to draft Kevin Love]

PG: Livingston | Knight | Singletary
SG: Thornton | Mobley | Cassell
SF: Beasley | Ross | Carney
PF: Brand | Love | Thomas
CE: Kaman | Sofoklis | Powell

I would really love that team, and so would Dunleavy. Every player on that squad can abuse someone in the post, minus Knight and Singletary.

Imagine Brand and Kaman banging inside, Beasley on the hi post, Thornton slashing at will and hitting jumpers since he can with Shaun dishing them all.

Then, Singletary coming off the bench and running with Carney, Thornton, Beasley and one of our bigs, sexy.
Old 12-30-2007, 04:18 AM   #5
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

I would love to have Love on our team no matter what but I doubt he will leave after one year but I'm crossing my fingers and if he knows he will be playing next to his idol (Brand), maybe he will make himself available.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:22 AM   #6
qrich
King Heno

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
I would love to have Love on our team no matter what but I doubt he will leave after one year but I'm crossing my fingers and if he knows he will be playing next to his idol (Brand), maybe he will make himself available.

I don't think he will either, just seems like the type of guy who wants to polish his skills before he enters.

Plus, I heard that Jrue Holiday and him have been talking for a while, so he might convince him to stay for his sophmore year.

Love, Brand, Kaman, Beasley would be such a nice core, too bad it's not likely
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: